Italian GP Official Race Thread **SPOILERS!**

Posted by Monza972 
Re: Italian GP Official Race Thread **SPOILERS!**
Date: September 09, 2007 06:55PM
Posted by: bestobritish
what a move by Hamilton, its great to see a driver having a go and I loved the way he slid the car (on purpose or not) into the corner!

Also great drive by JB, and that battle with Rosberg was brilliant, tough but fair driving from the both of them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: September 09, 2007 07:07PM
Posted by: flat tyre
That would have been a good race to watch, had I not been sleepy when I watched it! Hamilton's move brought me back down to earth, and what a move it was. No matter how much we love to hate him, you can't deny that he is a class driver. Imagine what he will be like when he gains more experience.

Does anybody know the reason for the rule that they need to do a full-speed lap to the grid? I missed the beggining of the programme. Shame as well, because for once the build up looked good...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: September 09, 2007 07:18PM
Posted by: bestobritish
it must be safety, you cant really have cars coasting around while another comes around a blind corner at full blast.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: September 09, 2007 07:22PM
To stop accidents like Schumie and Albers...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: September 09, 2007 07:45PM
Posted by: Karan
Interesting finish there with Alonso seemingly ignoring the crew along the pitwall, by flashing straight past along the racing line. Whereas Hamilton, Raikkonen and even Heidfeld all swerved over to acknowledge the crew. Then some pretty distant and cold body language between Alonso and Dennis at parc-ferme. Wonder what that could possibly be all about... :)

Date: September 09, 2007 07:48PM
Posted by: mikef1
Yes i noticed that too. Fernando was quite complimentary towards Mclaren on Saturday after getting the pole but said nothing about the team in the press conference after the race and didn't look all that happy despite the win. Very strange.
Date: September 09, 2007 07:49PM
^ You've just made me remember, don't they used to wave the chequered flag whilst on the track at Monza? Maybe that's why Alonso didn't swerve?

Date: September 09, 2007 08:14PM
Posted by: Ali
mikef1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes i noticed that too. Fernando was quite
> complimentary towards Mclaren on Saturday after
> getting the pole but said nothing about the team
> in the press conference after the race and didn't
> look all that happy despite the win. Very strange.

I think neither he or Hamilton can be very happy because next thursday the team can be disqualified of the championship...I don't think they can be happy at all.

Anyway, today Alonso was one step ahead of the rest, great move from HAmilton (very brave) but what did Kimi? Didn't you have the impression he did break very soon??!!!
Date: September 09, 2007 08:53PM
Posted by: Senna
jeeeeennnsooooonnnn !!!! 2x0 over the number 8 :D

yayz, number 5 is about to be eliminated from the title battle :D great day :D ALONSO FTW!!!!

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: September 09, 2007 08:58PM
Posted by: villej
> Ali Wrote:
> "Anyway, today Alonso was one step ahead of the rest, great move from HAmilton (very brave) but what did Kimi?
> Didn't you have the impression he did break very soon??!!!"

If you did watch the press conference, Kimi said there that the biggest problem for him today was a pain in the neck that was caused by the shunt at saturday practice. He said that he wasn't able to keep his head up when he was braking.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2007 08:59PM by villej.
Date: September 09, 2007 09:50PM
Posted by: Astro
Senna Wrote:
> jeeeeennnsooooonnnn !!!! 2x0 over the number 8 :D
>
> yayz, number 5 is about to be eliminated from the
> title battle :D great day :D ALONSO FTW!!!!

Happy 12th birthday in advance :)
Date: September 09, 2007 10:13PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
I actually found the race today a little boring, dunno what other people thought?

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: September 09, 2007 10:31PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Well, I guess that if you are a Kimi fan, it wasn't so bad. I was for the entire race checking the gaps to see if he could win it, and it was really cool when he passed Hamilton, but then Lewis overtaking him wasn't as cool, heheh...Apart from that, nothing much really. The Gp2 race yesterday was a lot better.
Date: September 09, 2007 11:49PM
Posted by: gav
vesuvius Wrote:
> Alonso is with 2 stops for sure.

OK, fair enough, you got that one right. Have to say it must have been a great lap yesterday though! :)

Decent race I thought. Much better than most of this season - there was a pass between the leaders.

Thought Kimi was great today, but driver of the day was undoubtedly Bernd Maylander.
Date: September 10, 2007 12:15AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
I reckon Massa musta broke something in his car early on, he was sideways in the Roggia chicane, and Lesmo 2, AND Ascari chicane all on Lap 1! Mighty impressive to look at!

Did they find out what failed on Massa's Ferrari in the end?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: September 10, 2007 12:50AM
Posted by: chet
Just watched highlights, looked a good race.
Highlight was Massa sideways and also that nice Mercedes sideways too!! Is it still Bernd Maylander or something driving it? Lucky bast ;)

But yeah an ok race. Rosberg and JB seem to having a few battles this season :) And once again, Rosberg probably my man of the race.

Nice to see both Hondas pretty quick, and woo, only one more race before the next planned update and Button and Rubens both get new engines for Spa too :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 10, 2007 01:12AM
Posted by: Muks_C
was quite a good race, some overtaking too. imagine how much more could have happened without the rev limit...

funny how Jean Todt said Kimi was absolutely fine, even for qualli on saturday, yet Kimi said he still had neck pain.

and yes, the rule about the fast lap to the grid was to stop accidents where one car might be coasting round while another might be doing a fast lap.

there was some hope that Kimi could have got 2nd, but Hamilton did do a good move (whatever the relative topspeeds between the McLaren and Ferrari were), from what seemed quite a long way back from the onboard camera.

good racing between Bunson and Rosberg.

Alonso - flawless. pole, fastest lap and win.

Flat Tyre wrote :

^ You've just made me remember, don't they used to wave the chequered flag whilst on the track at Monza? Maybe that's why Alonso didn't swerve?

no, cos Lewis, Kimi and Heidfeld would have all killed him and themselves if they still did that :)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 10, 2007 01:32AM
Posted by: marcl
Massa had a susspension problem as I said before, its probably what happened to kimi as well on Saturday but rather than look at it properly they said he braked on a bump.
Date: September 10, 2007 01:55AM
Posted by: assadof1
Flat Tyre:
"Imagine what he will be like when he gains more experience."

well that is a true but let us don't forget ex. like villeneuve and some other
drivers

speed freak
Date: September 10, 2007 02:03AM
Posted by: gary42
TBF Villeneuve had a lot of experience when he came in - 3? years of CART which in those days wasn't that far off F1. And his second season was far more consistent than his first. Also, Villeneuve's a bad example to use for any arguments, because from 1999 not only was he in fairly bad cars, but also rarely had a teammate who you could use as a yardstick - he beat Zonta and Panis fairly well, but neither was ever really rated, and then did badly against Button - and look how difficult a consensus on his skill is to find.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy