silverstone directions

Posted by rapid_f1 
silverstone directions
Date: July 07, 2007 01:13AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
Hi i am going to be going down to silverstone for the race on sunday but i just read that the a43 will be closed. does anyone know the best way to get to silverstone from birmingham considering the closure. there is some info here but i cant make head nor tail of it.

[www.highways.gov.uk]

are they saying the a43 is only closed for non race goers or everyone?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2007 01:17AM by rapid_f1.
Re: silverstone directions
Date: July 07, 2007 01:23AM
Posted by: mwb
"so that people are not being held up by vehicles heading to the circuit."

By reading that I'd say it's only open if you're heading to the circuit.
Date: July 07, 2007 12:48PM
yeah thatas what i thought. well well drive down there and there should be plenty of signs and that telling us where to go.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: July 07, 2007 12:59PM
Posted by: bestobritish
mate theres no way in hell they would shut that road when its the british GP, its pretty much the only way in :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: July 07, 2007 01:58PM
lol ok

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: July 07, 2007 05:07PM
Posted by: bestobritish
ah yea and have fun you lucky begger lol id love to be there te atmosphere looks amazing!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: July 07, 2007 06:16PM
yeah cant wait. first gp for me. going down with 3 mates. would have liked to go down fri and sat but mate couldnt get timeoff work. hope the weather holds. prob leave brum at about 7 am and get to silverstone hopefully by about 9.30. for anyone whos been before, is there any decent food at the cicuit or should i take some food with me?

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: July 07, 2007 06:35PM
Posted by: Muks_C
loads of burger vans and hotdog stands, might be pricey though, and you don't want to be going back and forth to them during the race once you've got your spot. you'd be better taking a backpack full of your own sandwiches and drinks so you don't have to move, or don't miss the action if you're walking around anyway.

try the fresh donuts if you see a stall making and selling them, they were AMAZING!

have you got grandstand seats or will you just be walking/standing on the grass banking?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 07, 2007 07:31PM
you know what im not overly sure. i got tickets that cost £200 each. its at the bridge corner but not sure if theres seating there or a grass bank. What if its a grass bank and its raining? do they expect us to sit down on the wet bank or will they provide seats? or should i bring my own seat?

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: July 07, 2007 09:05PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Take your own seat if it's on the bank. I suspect it being Bridge that it's in the grandstand just beyond the corner, but you can never be too certain. I second Muks' recommendation on the donuts, they were good! :) As for food, if you have a seat number on the ticket, you're fine for your spot as it were, and can grab some food before the GP, just eat enough that you can last out about 3 hours. If no seat number, take lots of sarnies. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: July 07, 2007 09:32PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah if you paid £200, it's almost guaranteed you'll be in a grandstand. general admission tickets to watch from the banking are only around £100 for the 3 days.

and yes, if it rains, you either stand up or sit in the wet mud/grass, unless you take your own foldable seating. camping seats are good, cos they're light and they fold up like a camera tripod with a bit of fabric where you actually sit. uncomfortable for long periods, but can stop you getting a wet arse if it rains.

have a look on the ticket, it should say the name of the stand and your seat number, if it does then you won't have to take your own seat.

when me and my dad went, we made our own sarnies for the day in the caravan before setting off for the track at 9am, then once in our seats at around half 10, we didn't have to leave them till after the race (apart for a quick piss-stop before the F1 cars came out).

looking on the silverstone site ([www.silverstone.co.uk]), your ticket is probably for all 3 days, and if it's at Bridge, it's an uncovered seat:

so take an um-ber-ella, ella, ella, just in case it rains.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy