British Grand Prix **SPOILERS**

Posted by chet 
Re: British Grand Prix **SPOILERS**
Date: July 12, 2007 12:19AM
Posted by: mschumi
well, dunno about that move, legal or not legal, he didn't won the race, so at the end, it doesnt really matter, even with a drive trough, he would stil be in front of kubica :)

Scuderia Ferrari Forever
Date: July 12, 2007 02:50PM
Posted by: Covfan
If Hamilton's starts are bad and should earn him a stop and go then the FIA should go back and retrospectively punish MS for all those types of starts he made.
Date: July 12, 2007 03:12PM
Posted by: sunil
pathetic Lewis to do like that when he can't defend his position in the whole race. this time it's alonso beat lewis(legend according to Brit's,lol) fair and square. damn if massa car was in normal position sure lewis would be out of podium this time.

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: July 12, 2007 03:48PM
Posted by: marcl
God MS had been cutting people up for years, forcing people on to the grass, driving into people.

People in here saw no wrong in that.

What Lewis is doing at the start of a race is no where near as bad. Did he force kimi on the grass no, yes kimi locked his breaks but thats racing you can not expect someone to get out the way. I do not agree with Lewis done at the start of the race but until he is punished he will keep doing it.

A driver can defend his position the whole race we have seen it in the past, and in sepang to a degree whould lewis have finished 2nd had he not held massa back no.

People can not defend MS then have a go at lewis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2007 04:07PM by marcl.
Date: July 12, 2007 04:32PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Reasonably good points marcl.

But I think you'll find Schumi was always criticized heavily in here, so it's only natural that the Schumi fans are getting a bit of pay back.

But I do think in general it's the British media's attitude to Hamilton that will ensure he gets put under the microscope by fans of other teams and drivers.

Remember Schumi learned how to drive from the guys of the 80's where there was a lot of wheel banging going on, Hamilton has learned from Schumi, although the weaving down the straights is an all new trick (I don't think it looks very good, and surely he's loosing some speed by doing that.).

Anyway I just want him to get thrashed by Alonso and Kimi in the remaining races....for the next 5 years! So there.

Date: July 12, 2007 04:41PM
Posted by: mikef1
Anyone else notice that at the Silverstone podium and press conference that Fernando and Kimi seem to be quite pally but were mostly ignoring Lewis?
Date: July 12, 2007 05:20PM
Posted by: chet
Both raced each other hard... and both have been in many pconferences together, and are considered the two quickest in f1.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 12, 2007 05:20PM
Posted by: chet
they are rivals, ms and mika were quite pally too. often ignoring dc ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 12, 2007 06:04PM
Posted by: vesuvius
well Alonso respects Kimi very much and thinks he is his main opponent in WC battle despitate the fact that Lewis leads....
Date: July 12, 2007 06:09PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i actually think weaving on the straight to break the slipstream for the guy following you is good tactics and shouldn't be criticised. but yes, when someone is trying to overtake you and is close to you, then weaving becomes dangerous.

and i think Alonso and Kimi are both just pissed off that this newcomer is getting all the attention (maybe more than they feel he should be getting, considering they're both multiple-race-winners), and these 2 "giants" of current F1 are being put in the background, as it were. they keep getting asked questions about Lewis which surely must be annoying for them. so they're both in the same boat in that respect. during the press conference everytime someone asks lewis a question or praises him, they must be quietly thinking "oh purrrllllllease! not another guy licking Lewis's arse!"

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 12, 2007 07:14PM
"i actually think weaving on the straight to break the slipstream for the guy following you is good tactics and shouldn't be criticised. but yes, when someone is trying to overtake you and is close to you, then weaving becomes dangerous."

Years ago picking up a tow from a car could happen further back than now, you have to be pretty damn close to slipstream these days.
Date: July 12, 2007 07:21PM
but like at Monza last year when Alonso was around 90 metres ahead of Massa, yet Alonso got penalised for blocking, but Renault argued that Massa was in fact getting a tow. if someone is that sort of distance and is getting a slipstream, then i think you should be allowed to try to break that effect.

Date: July 12, 2007 07:46PM
I doubt anyone was getting a tow or was blocked in that Monza incident imo. Also at Monza the downforce levels are much lower than most other tracks so slipstreaming is much easier.
Date: July 12, 2007 10:30PM
Posted by: marcl
Any one notice some thing.

All of a sudden the drivers that had probs with the tyres kimi, alonso, kubica are now ok.

Drivers that were ok are no longer ok. Must be the different compounds that are being used.
Date: July 13, 2007 04:25AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Or, there's another possibility. The drivers that were having problems before, like Kimi, Alonso and Kubica have now adjusted to the new tyres, are just owning everybody because they are the better drivers of the bunch ;)
Date: July 13, 2007 05:29AM
Posted by: Slash
Kubica?????? no i don't think so, Nick's back problem at Silverstone was the reason he qualified behind, in the race Nick still owns Kubica, wait for the Nurb., and Alonso never really had a problem with Lewis, he was alwasy pretty much at the same pace, but now he's more adjusted to the tyres and all and that's why he's being faster and faster as races go by, Kimi i think was the only one with the problem, but only in qualy, in race trim he was always at the same speed to Massa
Date: July 13, 2007 03:15PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Kubica is doing better at the moment because of Heidfield indeed.
Date: July 31, 2007 04:03PM
sorry to bump this thread, but did anyone else see the half-hour "F1-Fan Car" prog on ITV4 the other night? it was presented by James Cracknell (ex-Olympic rower and Beverly Turner's husband), and was all about the Wings For Life charity and the fan face pictures on the Red Bull cars at the British GP.

it showed DC and Webber talking about the concept during the Monaco weekend, then it showed how the decals were created and how they stuck them all on to the car. it also showed some competition winners having a tour of the RB factory, seeing the decals being created and applied.

then Christian Horner took us on a little tour of the factory, showing a few of the different departments.

it was quite good, some nice insights.

Date: July 31, 2007 04:44PM
Posted by: Enjoi
yeah I watched it Muks, I was hoping to see myself on the sidepod but no :(. I liked the way they went into the detail of how the car was made, it's cool how they build a scale model to test in the wind tunnel!

Ric Scott
Date: September 02, 2007 03:29PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
sorry to dig this thread up, but did anyone here go the GP?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy