Re: British Grand Prix **SPOILERS**
Date: July 10, 2007 08:31PM
Posted by: vesuvius
lol good one heheh :D
Date: July 10, 2007 09:07PM
Posted by: marcl
lol.

I thought lewis was lucky to get away with it though, sooner or later he will get a drive through.
Date: July 10, 2007 09:09PM
Posted by: gav
//edit: what the hell? meh, can be deleted... :\

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2007 09:12PM by gav.
Date: July 10, 2007 09:10PM
yeah he should it wasn't the first time he did it ....
Date: July 10, 2007 09:11PM
Some cracks are starting to appear. That start wasn't good or fair, there was the Albers-like pitstop, and he'd have had himself in the gravel if Kimi had committed to a move going into Priory. I have to say, his overall race-craft at Silverstone was very, very poor. Very Formula-Ford.
Date: July 10, 2007 09:23PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Gav, can i see your birth certificate please? i'm sure it's now illegal to say anything derogatory about Lewis Hamilton if you, your grandparents, or anyone in your family from the last 600 years were born in, (or ever set foot on), any of the countries that make up Great Britain.

don't let ITV read your comments, you'll be waking up with a horses head on your pillow.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 10, 2007 10:07PM
Posted by: harjinator
think that race basically proved that silverstone is incapable of generating exciting racing, and it's position of uncertainty on the calendar (if it still has one) is not one which i'm overly bothered about...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: July 10, 2007 10:34PM
Posted by: mikef1
You what!? Silverstone is one of the best racing tracks on the calender! If you want to blame something for the lack of racing, blame the stupid engine and aero rules!

"don't let ITV read your comments, you'll be waking up with a horses head on your pillow."

Strangely if you check the ITV-F1 website polls they generally aren't that favourable towards Lewis. Also the forums have a few posts on how irritating the Lewis worship is getting during the GP coverage.
Date: July 10, 2007 10:38PM
Posted by: Slash
vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> once again quite mad to Hamilton....he changed his
> driving line 2 times again at the start and almost
> Kimi crashed with him.
marcl Wrote:
> lol.
>
> I thought lewis was lucky to get away with it
> though, sooner or later he will get a drive
> through.

I don't get it, people complain about Villeneuve noticing it and speaking about it, not us, i'm not talking about us, we even discussed it before Villeneuve said it to the media, but drivers and stuff, i remember Jenson saying he didn't even care because he was not fighting those places, but he's done it to Kimi, who is scared or just doesn't know the words to say it, and to Alonso, who well, can't say it, or he'll get reprimanded by Dennis, but i'm 100% sure, had it been Kimi on pole and done that to Lewis, he wouldn't get a drive tru, but a Stop/go...i just don't get how Dennis or someone at mclaren haven't tell him to stop doing it.. or maybe they know he won't get penalized?

and harjinator, i don't know what race you watched, or who do you wanted to win, but the race was exciting, Silverstone is not the best track, but it still provides exciting races, on sunday the battle for first was awesome, on and off the track, and Felipe coming from the back, the Williams fighting with speed, and Jarno, the Renaults, the Honda's, fernando Alonso's race was brilliant... i liked the race, and in the past it has provided exciting races as well
Date: July 10, 2007 10:43PM
Posted by: mikef1
Yeah, there's been lot's of great races at Silverstone which is more than can be said for a number of other circuits, the facilities are a major problem though and if this government can spend stupid amounts of money on the olympics it should be able to fork something towards getting Silverstone to a high standard. Hopefully the Hamilton effect will go some way towards doing that.
Date: July 10, 2007 10:49PM
Posted by: Nickv
vesuvius schreef:
> once again quite mad to Hamilton....he changed his
> driving line 2 times again at the start and almost
> Kimi crashed with him.

Wow, I didn't see that. You must have used the Kimi tinted glasses again. ;)

Seriously though, the rule is that you can move off your line and back on it again. And that's allowed only once.
Date: July 10, 2007 10:57PM
Posted by: FRESCO
I was there for all three days, fantastic weekend and great race as well. Nothing beats the noise of 22 F1 cars screaming passed on the first lap.

And I saw the one and only Murray Walker!

Date: July 10, 2007 11:00PM
//edit: this is aimed at Nick's post. :)

The rule is you can 'change your line once'. So chopping right then left is technically wrong. I thought at the start "hmm, he could get done for that", thinking it would be a bit harsh to do so (it's not like he swerved right into Kimi), but if he did get a drive-through, he wouldn't have many grounds for complaints. Put simply, it was blocking.

I'm surprised I've not seen any comments from Ferrari fanboys to be honest - I guess Kimi winning it anyway took away the frustration.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2007 11:01PM by gav.
Date: July 10, 2007 11:10PM
Posted by: FRESCO
Personally I think its great and refreshing that Hamilton is going to the very limit of what can be considered to be inside the rules. He's not stupid, and knows its borderline driving when he moves off line. It maybe is a bit naughty, but I have yet to see an incident from him that I could definately say that one of his moves was an outright block and dangerous. If Kimi had been alongside him going into turn 1, and Hamilton had made that move it would have been wrong and a penalty would have been justified. Same with the "breaking the toe" down hangar straight.

Its very marginal, but acceptable in my opinion. Just.

Date: July 10, 2007 11:57PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
I just hope people are realizing Hamilton isn't a god like the media puts him out to be. He is NOT the best driver on the grid whatsoever. As I've said at the start of the season, and you can go back to the old GP threads and read it if you want, the only reason Hamilton is doing so well, is because McLaren wants to. He always had the best strategies, best setup, better prep...and maybe because of that Alonso got a bit neglected as he had the break issues in Canada, the other thing in France and so on. His race craft is good in some areas, like he knows how to defend pretty well for instance. But his starts are always a mess, and I wonder if Kimi had tried a bit harder, if Lewis would have been able to retain his lead on track.

Anyways, haven't commented the race yet, hehe. Kimi is definitely back. He was just perfect all weekend, with the exception of that qualy lap. I hope the trend continues to be honest. In fact, it would be great if Hamilton got a DNF next race, with Kimi finishing 1st and Alonso 2nd. This way, we would have a a really nice battle towards the end of the year. Time for that gap to Hamilton to go. As for Massa, yeah, he did a good race, but really, what he did was his obligation. This year, if a Ferrari or McLaren starts last and it is on a normal circuit like Silverstone, it should be able to get 5th/4th easily. Nurburgring should be a bit more monotonous than Silverstone proved to be, but I hope we get Kimi win number 4 :)
Date: July 11, 2007 12:49AM
Posted by: keiran
Ali Wrote:
> I still think Hamilton & Alonso or McLaren should
> work harder preparing the race, not the
> qualifying... it seems this time it was Alonso who
> complained before the Quali and he was allowed to
> carry more fuel...

No, what it seems is Lewis was struggling for pace so McLaren had to give him a light car to have any chance of a decent finish. Had he been on the same fuel load as Alonso, he would have probably been in danger of dropping back to 6th place. By the end of the fuel burn Hamilton must have nearly had an empty tank of fuel.

Hence the super slow in lap, although not to the all knowing James Allan, Hamilton was going slowly to absorb the energy from the crowd...

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: July 11, 2007 01:18AM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah that comment by JA made me cringe.

and Silverstone is a very good track, the fast corners of Copse and Stowe, the awesome sequence of Maggots/Becketts. it#s defo one of the old-school tracks and i'd rather see it used than the likes of Bahrain, Shanghai et al.

yes we all noticed Lewis weaving from just the 2nd race of his career at Malaysia. and it seems the rule is misinterpreted, as Gav mentioned. you're allowed to change once, but even one of the commentators (can't remember if it was James or Martin) said that he was ok doing what he did, because he "changed his line once, then went back to take the racing line which he's entitled to do". wrong.

everyone complained when MS moved to the right in front of Alonso down Hangar Straight in '03, then moved back to the left to take Stowe. so why is no-one complaining that Lewis went to the right to block Kimi, then went left again to take Copse? looks exactly the same to me, but like i said sarcastically on the previous page, he's "our" big hope, so we can't point out anything questionable he does,a nd it seems even in-the-know people like James and/or Martin are afraid to point it out.

@ Fresco, it's double standards mate. MS chopped people of the startline, and everyone called him a cheat and dirty driver for it. what Lewis did on sunday was exactly the same.

one day it will end in an accident, but until then no-one will question him about it.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 11, 2007 01:26AM
Posted by: marcl
I think the difference is there was no one along side lewis at the start when MS done it there was and the guy had to back off or crash. I still dont think what lewis done was right and as I have said a number of times lewis has not got off the line well once this year he has either been brave at the 1st turn of blocked.

But it is funny that a few people never post on here until ferrari or kimi win again.
Date: July 11, 2007 02:21AM
marcl Wrote:
> But it is funny that a few people never post on
> here until ferrari or kimi win again.

O really...well I have been away from this forum 2 and half months because of army ...so nothing to do with the fact that Kimi or Ferrari won.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2007 02:22AM by vesuvius.
Date: July 11, 2007 04:13AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
marcl Wrote:
> I think the difference is there was no one along
> side lewis at the start when MS done it there was
> and the guy had to back off or crash.

Although you're talking specifically about the start with Hamilton, and a later stage of the race with MS, I'm gonna call B.S. on this one because towards the end of the first stint Kimi had a run on Hamilton (is it at Priory?) and Hamilton just turned right in on him. Only Kimi backing out prevented them both suffering an off.

What I mean is I see no difference. I will also add that Alonso did the same kind of Kamakaze maneuver on Heidfeld in France. But it's not really an issue of regulations being infringed, more of what a driver is prepared to do in the heat of the moment. I think it's good for the sport that the drivers at the front are prepared to take a risk.The stewards are more than capable of calling a penalty if they see one, I'd just like to see someone not back down one day and cause an off for both cars. Imagine the handbag fight that would cause with this generations 'sensitive' drivers!?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy