For anyone who likes JV

Posted by Boils 
For anyone who likes JV
Date: March 10, 2004 12:55AM
Posted by: Boils
Q: Jacques, it must be four months since you sat in a race car now. Are you missing it?
JV: Actually it
Re: For anyone who likes JV
Date: March 10, 2004 01:38AM
Posted by: Pooky
nice interview

i really hope JV does make his way back into F1

Date: March 10, 2004 05:30AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Cheers Boils :)

He sounds happy, its good to see. I'd like to see him back in F1, but I dont see it happening.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 10, 2004 06:16AM
Posted by: Palomino
JV, now theres an F1 story for a soap opera.

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Date: March 10, 2004 06:26AM
Posted by: Vader
I

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 10, 2004 04:02PM
Posted by: NickKK
Great he seems all relaxed and fine about things, it's good to see that like Hakkinen for example, both mega-fast both enjoying life after F1. Jacques should only come back if he will drive for a top as he said and he deserves it:)
Date: March 10, 2004 04:23PM
Posted by: andrew_S
problem is you dont just walk into a top team, you earn it, A) he hasnt earnt it, and B) he just expects to walk into one

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: March 10, 2004 10:47PM
Posted by: Darko
he hasn't earned it ???
name another world champion in the current field beside michael schumacher ... oh, wait a minute maybe jenson no podium button deserves one ...

i think that if jv came back next year after a one year's rest from the circus, he could do well if given the chance. who knows maybe he could repeat what lauda and prost have done after their respective short lived retirements ...

keeping my fingers crossed
Date: March 10, 2004 11:48PM
"problem is you dont just walk into a top team, you earn it, A) he hasnt earnt it, and B) he just expects to walk into one"

rofl im having flashbacks to the all the JV vs Button topics that andrew_s always had something inappropriate about JV to say

the title of the topic is
"For anyone who LIKES JV"
not "accuse jv for not deserving a drive in F1 post here"

he beat damon hill to pole in his debut race and almost won his debut race... that alone deserves a top drive in a top team...

8 years in a F1 is enough experience for anyteam to value...

besides he walked into a top team in 96... button walked into a top team in 2000 if i remember correct... this is not another JB vs JV thread... i really like JB im just using JB as an example because andrew might be abit of a button fanboy hehehe :p

Date: March 11, 2004 12:50AM
for god sake, grow up, what the **** has the guy done? his debut pole was 8 years ago, and it was a new system, anyway, new to everyone, it wasnt representative of the season to come, or the races.

Anyway, why should a 30 something driver who has not won a race or scored many podiums since 1997. who has pottered around mindfield, and got nowhere, take a seat ahead of hotshots like alonso, webber? for example, you dont just walk straight into a team because you were succesfull 7 years ago, if that were the case, alain prost would still be driving a mclaren, damon hill and nigel mansell a williams, and berger at ferrari, too, ffs, you make me laugh, the guy pottered around midfield, and did jack shite, other drivers have taken similar teams, on smaller budgets (due to there own work mainly) and made them succesfull, schumacher at ferrari is a classic example, or hill at arrows, or jordan, but JV's team has just gone backwards, he has proven, nothing, done nothing to get a top seat in F1, if you deny that, you really are a fanboy. You go on about expereince, why does a top team need that experience when they already have it? DC, Montoya (Tested williams since 97) ralf schumacher, rubens or schumacher, trulli's been it almost the same length as JV, on the basis of experience, we'd still have ricardo patrese or andrea de cheseris, pottering round, and as everyone knows, you can have all andrea's experience, but it aint gonna stop him putting that car in the wall, lmao

on the subject, of button, i really coudnt give a rats arse to be honnest, as this has nothing to do with him

you can call me a fan boy all you like, but it shows your complex, i may well be a button fan, but why the hell should that stop me having an opinion on JV? just because i dont agree with your stand point makes me a button fanboy? well, ive got news, ive thought this ever since panis joined the team, who lets be frank, is a bit of a journeyman, and he all but matched villeneuve.

Post Edited (03-11-04 08:05)

Date: March 11, 2004 01:01AM
i think that if jv came back next year after a one year's rest from the circus, he could do well if given the chance. who knows maybe he could repeat what lauda and prost have done after their respective short lived retirements ...

when they quit, they quit at the top, so to speek, JV hasnt won in 7 years, more like what jones did tbh, anyway, jenson no podium whatever certainly is a favorite to land a williams i hope he does, just to piss off all those people so determined for him to fail

Date: March 11, 2004 02:04AM
i dont think outqualifying hill in his first race is all that big a deal,

i consider button to be even faster than JV as was proved last year.

and the williams was not a TOP team in 2000. yes it was a great team, but they were not a TOP team in regards to ferrari and mclaren in 2000.

oh and button also showed ralf up in williams, and if ralf can win like he does in the williams last year - then button can do even better than that im sure.

Date: March 11, 2004 02:20AM
BAHAHAHAHA!!

thats the funniest **** ever... fell right for my bait HAHAHA like little fishies

does anyone else want to point out to andrew_s what is wrong with what he just posted? i cant be bothered
ill sit back and laugh for a bit...

"i consider button to be even faster than JV as was proved last year"

i dont think that was really 'proved' under the circumstances...

Date: March 11, 2004 02:27AM
no of course not boils. except he qualified better and raced better

so no of course he is not faster.

even if jacques was demotivated, he has the talent to have gone faster than button then he would have done

but he was demotivated not only with the team nut also how fast button was.

Date: March 11, 2004 03:45AM
and what powerhorse mention also beggers the question, if that was the case again, why the hell should he be in the top team, and btw, you laugh all you like your only kidding yourself, maybe you could counter my points and have a grown up discussion rather than acting like a silly little child

Post Edited (03-11-04 10:54)

Date: March 11, 2004 03:52AM
delete, double post

Post Edited (03-11-04 10:53)

Date: March 11, 2004 04:47AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I don't think JV WAS beaten last year. Had the unfortunate war of words at the season start not happened, I think we'd see the battle in a different light. JV was heavier on fuel for qually - yes his decision, but you have to accet that in most cases this would slow him down. In the race JV bore the brunt of gearbox / engine breakdowns, while JB suffered less.

" you dont just walk straight into a team because you were succesfull 7 years ago"

No, but it is an indication of his raw speed - Idon't believe he lost it these last few years, just forgotten what its like to be ina race winning car. Of course that is only an opinion, but he has had flashes of brilliance (Austria 2002, anyone?)

other drivers have taken similar teams, on smaller budgets (due to there own work mainly) and made them succesfull, schumacher at ferrari is a classic example, or hill at arrows, or jordan,"

ROFL andrew_s. On smaller budget, schumi at ferrari is a classic example. What are you on?? Firstly I accept he is an exceptionally good driver and able to bring a team together well, but let's not be aive and pretend that it was all his work. How many top guys did ferrari secure that year, compared to BAR, who got JV and......? Hill in the arrows didnt get up to very much, except one great result at Hungary. And hill at Jordan? You mean when he won at Spa when Ralf was faster but told to stay behind him? lol.

" but JV's team has just gone backwards, he has proven, nothing, done nothing to get a top seat in F1, if you deny that, you really are a fanboy."

I'm not saying he deserves it, I'm saying he would make it interesting, and I'd love to see him mix it with Michael. Still others may deserve it more, but that was never the issue.

" on the basis of experience, we'd still have ricardo patrese or andrea de cheseris, pottering round, and as everyone knows, you can have all andrea's experience, but it aint gonna stop him putting that car in the wall,"

Oh yeah, great example andrew! De Cesaris was an awful driver, and whatever your personal opinions of JV are, it is unfounded to compare his to that pile of crap. I sincerely believe JV would be good in a top team, even if only for one season.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 11, 2004 05:45AM
Posted by: Vader
Andrew - your post made me laugh in a positive way. I am not laughing at you or what you say - I agree with you on most points - it is the way you wrote it hat made me laugh.

on the basis of experience, we'd still have ricardo patrese or andrea de cheseris, pottering round, and as everyone knows, you can have all andrea's experience, but it aint gonna stop him putting that car in the wall, lmao - That's probably one of the funniest statements I have read in a long time, yet so true ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 11, 2004 06:12AM
Posted by: HaGGiS
other drivers have taken similar teams, on smaller budgets (due to there own work mainly) and made them succesfull, schumacher at ferrari is a classic example

How that made me laugh! Ferrari, smaller budget?hoho.

JV hasnt won in 7 years

So? How can you win in a shitbox of a car?
I don't know if he does or does not deserve another chance but i do think F1 is the poorer for not having JV in it. A remotivated JV in this years BAR would have been very interesting.
Date: March 11, 2004 06:14AM
andrews post made me laugh also

how he thinks i am kidding myself. yeah ok then.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy