Light, camera, F1 Action???

Posted by Imran 
Light, camera, F1 Action???
Date: June 26, 2007 09:57PM
Posted by: Imran
Vue cinemas across the country are going to be showing the British Grand prix Live and without commercial breaks in HD with 5.1 Dolbly digital sound.
Tickets will be £15 for adults. £7.50 for children and £30 for a family of four (ticket includes admission,free drink and bag of popcorn plus an offical programme worth £10)

Will anybody here be going to watch F1 in their cinema????

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Light, camera, F1 Action???
Date: June 26, 2007 10:01PM
Posted by: Muks_C
good idea, funny no-one's ever thought of it before. i personally wouldn't go, nothing beats the comfort of your own home, but if there's a group of you then it might be a day out.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 26, 2007 10:02PM
Posted by: HakkF1
wow,i thougth of this last week,i swear,i was thinking(how cool would it be to watch a gp race in Cinema)
but i think being in the uk,makes it not that good,espcially knowing that the gp is the same country,track must be much more fun.
11 years of watching formula 1 ,and i didn't see any gp live,i will try to save some money for the 2008 Turkish gp.

==============================
Date: June 26, 2007 10:04PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
I want more info! ;)

Unfortunately, not showing at my local Vue (it's in Norwich). :(

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: June 26, 2007 10:12PM
Posted by: mschumi
It's a pretty god ideea, HD quality, that's an awsome things....but there goes alot of fans, and i am very nervous at a grand prix, and as a ferrari fan, maybe after some mclaren driver has problems i usually go in happy rage, and if so, than in that cinema would be a battle zone LOL

Scuderia Ferrari Forever
Date: June 26, 2007 11:11PM
Posted by: Lemming
James Allen in 5.1 is not something I want to subject myself to.

Date: June 26, 2007 11:11PM
Posted by: gav
HakkF1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wow,i thougth of this last week,i swear,i was
> thinking(how cool would it be to watch a gp race
> in Cinema)
> but i think being in the uk,makes it not that
> good,espcially knowing that the gp is the same
> country,track must be much more fun.
> 11 years of watching formula 1 ,and i didn't see
> any gp live,i will try to save some money for the
> 2008 Turkish gp.

Given the weather in the UK at the moment, I'm guessing most would opt for the cinema to be honest, especially with the price of GP tickets. ;)

Personally, I never thought watching a GP trackside would be much fun - I always thought it would be better on TV, knowing what's happening all the time, rather than seeing the train coming around lap after lap, but with a car missing, and you probably not knowing why. I can't imagine the trackside commentary is much use in F1 - it was hopeless in the LMS race I saw at Donington last year, and I'm guessing at a track like Silverstone all you'll hear is car, even from a few corners away. It's not so bad if you can see a big screen, but there'll be many areas that's not at all possible. The only reason I'd like to visit a GP would be for the noise, and the current V8s have taken away that need now - I'd much rather visit a historic event, even with cars from only a few years back (the V10s and V12s (FEZZA! :D) of the mid-90s).

Never been to a GP, but I've seen many races trackside now, and it's not the track or races I usually enjoy, it's the company and laugh you get with mates that's most fun. The races themselves I enjoy more seeing them unfolding on the TV.
Date: June 26, 2007 11:28PM
Posted by: chet
:o GP race watching in a cinema!
awesome!
JB on the big screen!!!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 26, 2007 11:37PM
Posted by: matt3454
Got work on Sundays :( otherwise i might have gone (£15 though? To watch the tele?)

Date: June 27, 2007 01:29AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Lemming Wrote:
> James Allen in 5.1 is not something I want to
> subject myself to.

LMAO! And there's my reason not to go ;)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: June 27, 2007 09:28AM
Posted by: senninho
Bah, nearest one is Romford. Why they can't show it at the Thurrock one is beyond me. Still, my flatmate has a 52" plasma so i should still be grateful ;)

Date: June 27, 2007 10:49AM
Posted by: mikef1
£15 is a bit steep and yeah the idea of being surrounded by James Allen doesn't appeal to me at all. Plus you can't drink beer and throw things at the screen like you can at home.
Date: June 27, 2007 12:48PM
Posted by: LS.
gav Wrote:
>
> Personally, I never thought watching a GP
> trackside would be much fun - I always thought it
> would be better on TV, knowing what's happening
> all the time, rather than seeing the train coming
> around lap after lap, but with a car missing, and
> you probably not knowing why. I can't imagine the
> trackside commentary is much use in F1 - it was
> hopeless in the LMS race I saw at Donington last
> year, and I'm guessing at a track like Silverstone
> all you'll hear is car, even from a few corners
> away. It's not so bad if you can see a big screen,
> but there'll be many areas that's not at all
> possible. The only reason I'd like to visit a GP
> would be for the noise, and the current V8s have
> taken away that need now - I'd much rather visit a
> historic event, even with cars from only a few
> years back (the V10s and V12s (FEZZA! :D) of the
> mid-90s).
>
> Never been to a GP, but I've seen many races
> trackside now, and it's not the track or races I
> usually enjoy, it's the company and laugh you get
> with mates that's most fun. The races themselves I
> enjoy more seeing them unfolding on the TV.

They have jumbotron screens dotted around the circuit to view whats happening over the duration of the race and if you have a radio/mobile phone with earphones you tune into radio silverstone for running commentary. so its not that hard to follow the race as it might first appear :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 27, 2007 12:54PM
Posted by: Muks_C
the point Gav was making was that the commentary at the track is probably drowned out by the noise anyway, even if you have earphones to listen to the radio. i've only been once, but didn't use any radio, just watched the cars themselves and the massive screen on the grassy area between Bridge and Luffield. you can generally hear the trackside commentary though, there are loads of speakers in the stands at Silverstone, from what i could see.

but i agree with Gav, to follow a race, tv is best, but nothing beats hearing the cars "live", and everyone should experience that at least once in their lives.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 01, 2007 10:10AM
Posted by: rajahassan
the perfect way for me to watch a race is in a dark room with a cold beverage and no one disturbing me for the entire race.i dont live in England but even if i did i would rather stay at home and watch the race.but i agree that i would like to see an f1 race at the trackside once in my life to get an actual view of the speeds and listen to the v8s.
i personally think no diehard f1 fan would ever want to see an f1 race with a hundred more people talking about it.

Raja Hassan Bin Naeem.
Date: July 01, 2007 04:31PM
Posted by: chet
If the speakers are anything like cadwell park, you can hear them go throguh each speaker, like in a line, ie, youll hear the same transmission gettign closer and closer lol

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy