French Grand Prix **SPOILERS**

Posted by Joeku 
Re: French Grand Prix **SPOILERS**
Date: July 01, 2007 05:43PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
IMO Alonso's mistake was when he had the inside he braked to late, he just needed to stay calm and brake on the same time as your opponent, if you have the inside they cant do anythings, so he threw it away under braking

Date: July 01, 2007 05:47PM
Posted by: mikef1
That's because they made it hard for him to get on to the right side, don't get me wrong i think he should have got ahead of Nick in the first stint with his soft tyres. However the team made him run for too long during his last stint which made it very had to overtake with less tyre grip than the Renault and BMW and he had take some big risks to do that. I mean who else did as much overtaking?
Date: July 01, 2007 05:50PM
Posted by: chet
Fizzy defended well, but Nick took back his posistions not through hard defending, but through FA making mistakes.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 01, 2007 05:50PM
Posted by: CH4OS
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IMO Alonso's mistake was when he had the inside he
> braked to late, he just needed to stay calm and
> brake on the same time as your opponent, if you
> have the inside they cant do anythings, so he
> threw it away under braking

At least he tried. Remember Massa in Sepang? After his mistake trying to overtake Hamilton, he dropped to 5th behind Heidfeld, and he did ZERO attempts to overtake him, and Sepang have a lot more overtaking spots then Magny-Cours. After the race Massa said that Heidfeld is very hard to overtake because he defends his position very well.

The overtaking manouver of Alonso to Heidfeld, was great, and he also did a lot of mistakes but at least he tried to overtake! Everybody complains about the lack of overtaking, but when someone tried and make a mistake, everybody criticizes. C'mon, be coherent!

To the people saying Alonso should choose the inside of Adelaide Hairpin, watch the race and open your eyes. Everytime Alonso was close enough to Heidfeld, Heidfeld choose the inside line and the only choice to Alonso was the outside line, and he made a lot of mistakes because he was very pressured to overtake him because he had to take advantage of the low fuel in his car.

And Senna comparing overtaking in F1 to GP2 is a joke, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2007 05:52PM by CH4OS.
Date: July 01, 2007 05:52PM
Yup agree there, yes Fernando made mistakes but small ones this time, he had to try hard and he did.
Date: July 01, 2007 05:52PM
Posted by: gav
Senna Wrote:
> It was poor, he had plenty of chances to overtake
> Nick and Fisi, but he made the wrong side choices
> at the hairpin.

He didn't have an awful lot of choice most of the time...

I thought he drove an OK race - just let down entirely by strategy. Frankly, what was more impressive was how well Nick held Alonso back - some excellent defensive driving, and when Alonso put him in a position to decide if he wanted to have an accident (Imola, like he did to Schumacher at Suzuka in 2005) he let him go, and benefited because of that in the end.

Kubica and Raikkonen were awesome today.
Date: July 01, 2007 05:59PM
Agree, again. Very impressed by both Kimi and Robert today.
Albers deserves the boot at the end of the year imo, he left his pits while the lollipop was still down, that's just crazy. Hopefully his fuel rig man is ok.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2007 06:03PM by mikef1.
Date: July 01, 2007 06:15PM
Posted by: requenov
Alonso should learn from Hamilton how to pass at Adelaide. Hamilton shows the nose in the left mirror, the driver in front then moves to the left and inmediately Lewis takes the right side and the position. I think he is the best managing those situations(a bit like Valentino Rossi in MotoGP), as we saw in Malaysia with Massa, in USA with Alonso and in France with Kubiça. He know all the tricks to defend and pass.

Anyway, Alonso's pass at the second fast chicane was superb.

Congrats to Kimi, did an amazing job this afternoon
Date: July 01, 2007 06:34PM
Posted by: marcl
The gp was ok some good over taking by alonso and lewis did show he could pass people with a good over take on Kubica which was brave as he did not know the grip level on them new tyres.

Good drive by kimi for the 1st time this year he looked at home in the ferrari.

I always thought mclaren would not win here they just never go well in france, and thats not taking anything away from ferrari who have made a good step forward.

At the end of the day though the wrong ferrari driver won for the championship and lewis done the best he could do and pulled away more in the championship.

Roll on silverstone :)
Date: July 01, 2007 06:35PM
Kubica was more in the middle of the track, whereas Nick and GF were more to the right.

Date: July 01, 2007 07:05PM
Posted by: MarcA
Yeah Nick and Fisi defended a lot better, Kubica could of moved over a little more. Fernando's pass into the chicane was awesome, if not a bit dangerous, and it lead to the quote of the race from Martin: 'he's got big something, probably two of them'.

Go Kimi!

Date: July 01, 2007 07:24PM
Posted by: Muks_C
chet Wrote:
> Great race :)
> I knew Kimi would win :D

yeah that's why you chose Alonso as your winner in the predictions thread... ;)

pretty good race, good wheel to wheel battles especially between Alonso and Heidfeld.

and Albers showed he needs to be fired ASAP.

and did you notice they have now added that green grass-concrete stuff along the side of the start/finish straight? up to and including last year, the cars would all go close to the wall, even thoguh it was technically not part of the track, a "no mans land", so good to see they've corrected it one way or the other.

and lol at the mechanic who couldn't catch Kimi's champagne bottle.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 01, 2007 07:31PM
Predictions done before Quali ;-)

Date: July 01, 2007 07:33PM
Posted by: dada
New aero package from Spyker

Date: July 01, 2007 07:50PM
Posted by: Muks_C
whatever Chet ;)

that Spyker has just been born, it's umbilical cord is still attached :)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 01, 2007 11:09PM
Posted by: Monza972
lol muks, I have to say it was a pretty good race i wasnt much interested in the front at the first stages of the race as i going LOL at that scrap between nick and fernando (GO NICK!) which was the best part of the race imo. bad luck for heikki, and what the hell was with the traffic that just completely blew Felipe`s strategy but anyway atleast we still got a 1 - 2 after a long time! :D
Date: July 01, 2007 11:32PM
Posted by: keiran
requenov Wrote:
> Alonso should learn from Hamilton how to pass at
> Adelaide. Hamilton shows the nose in the left
> mirror, the driver in front then moves to the left
> and inmediately Lewis takes the right side and the
> position.

Do you really believe that all drivers would do what Kubica did? That was a silly error from Kubica, he should have kept to the right until Hamilton had to commit to the left. A mistake Kubica will learn from and one Nick wasn't making. He made sure that Alonso was at the point where he had to commit his car to the outside or back off and lose 2/3 cars lengths minimum which would be pointless. Better to hassle him into the corner and hope to cut back.

Alonso was seriously on his back foot with his fuel strategy and IMO did a good recovery drive. Nick always stopped after Alonso and was able to undo all Alonsos hard work.

Nice to Raikkonen at the sharp end again, probably a surprise to Massa :p

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2007 12:29AM by keiran.
Date: July 02, 2007 12:29AM
Posted by: Lex
Muks_C schrieb:
> that Spyker has just been born, it's umbilical
> cord is still attached :)

Who's the mother? ;)

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: July 02, 2007 01:04AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Lex schreef:
> Muks_C schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > that Spyker has just been born, it's umbilical
> > cord is still attached :)
>
>
> Who's the mother? ;)

Midland ;-)

Date: July 02, 2007 04:09AM
Posted by: Senna
CH4OS Wrote:
> And Senna comparing overtaking in F1 to GP2 is a
> joke, right?

I wasnt comparing the overtaking in F1 to GP2. I was comparing how Villa and Alonso acted behind another car. Villa was doing always the right choices in his overtaking attempts, taking the right line while Alonso were always @#$%& them up at the hairpin. A two times world champion should already know how to do it, and Lewis, (ofc I am not a Lewis fan) who still is yet to win a world champion in his career, already knew how to do it.

I think that Alonso should take a time to rethink the way he take his decisions in the races, because he messed them up at Canada, Indy and now France. He's too impatient to choose the right decision when hes under pressure. It's not something that I'd expect from a world champion.

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy