alonso not comfortable at mclaren

Posted by rajahassan 
Re: alonso not comfortable at mclaren
Date: June 13, 2007 07:56PM
Posted by: Karan
Ron Dennis already has his boywonder and the future of the team, in his little 'starlet' in Louey. Taking Kimi back would not only feel like bringing back damaged goods, but would also require a load of contractual complications to get through.

Date: June 13, 2007 08:11PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Frankly who wants Kimi in his current form and Alonso currently is trying to upholster his car in turf from every track. Go HAMILTON!!!!
Date: June 13, 2007 08:16PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Alonso shouldnt moan too he's on ten times Lewis' salary and isnt ten times as good. MS was a much better champion.
Date: June 13, 2007 08:29PM
Posted by: MarcA
jbnd05 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Frankly who wants Kimi in his current form and
> Alonso currently is trying to upholster his car in
> turf from every track. Go HAMILTON!!!!

Kimi isn't on form because, like with Massa, it's taking a while TO GET USED TO THE CAR. He'd be able to fit better in the McLaren cos he's used to it still.

Date: June 13, 2007 08:43PM
Posted by: dierome
I think Alonso might wind up back at Renault after his contract with McLaren expires. He fits them perfectly
Date: June 13, 2007 08:50PM
Posted by: Muks_C
personally i don't think either will go anywhere. a few start-of-season troubles shouldn't be enough for 2 of the biggest and successful teams in F1 to start questioning their drivers, or their drivers to want to move.

what would Alonso get from going back to Renault? they were good when Michelin were close partners with them, he's obviously better off at McLaren who seem to have produced a great car, fast and reliable for the first time in a few years.

and we've discussed Kimi going to Ferrari for 3 or more years before it was confirmed, would Ferrari let him go? (no) and would McLaren take him back? (probably no).

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 13, 2007 09:07PM
Posted by: keiran
So if this article is based on words from the horses mouth then why are the quotes selected to back up the statements made by the writer so pathetic? I can't believe people are coming to the conclusion from that article which has pulled words out of context and slapped a header saying "McLaren favour Hamilton." You know, surely if Alonso had said these very words on the radio the journalist would have quoted them...

The feeling I get from the quotes of Alonso's are the team are more excited about Hamilton which he has clearly said he can understand...

Oh well, I guess journalists will continue this sort of `shock journalism` when there are people to fall for it ;-)

Was Hamilton not the one complaining the other week about being `unfairly treated`...

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: June 13, 2007 09:08PM
Posted by: dierome
I agree. Neither Raikkonen nor Alonso will change teams until their contracts expire. The thing is, after what we've seen with Hamilton, I don't see Alonso signing a 2nd contract for McLaren. He won't stand sharing or relinquishing his status in the team to Lewis.
Date: June 13, 2007 09:11PM
and about Alonso's "Lewis was Lucky" comments about the Canada race, those were also taken out of context. he meant that LH was lucky/fortunate that his stops came just before the safety car periods (unlike his own), and so he's not saying anything derogatory really. but the press just jumped on this quote and made headlines like "Lewis was lucky to win in Canada, says ALonso", as if out of nowhere suddenly LH was gifted the win, which is untrue because he was better than Alonso all weekend.

Date: June 13, 2007 10:40PM
Posted by: ralv585
i think Alonso has got a point, from his ppoint of view, he's the double world champion, gone up against and beaten kimi and schumacher, mclaren should be licking his balls, but instead they are all in love with lewis, they've groomed him, and is their prized possesion, Alonso could easily think that he is just another driver in their eyes, and justifiably so.

Date: June 14, 2007 12:07AM
so what? they don't need to lick his balls continuously, he's probably on 10x the salary of Lewis, that's all the ball-licking he needs.

he just needs to prove that he is the team leader on-track, and stop making errors like he did in Canada. whining to the press won't make him beat Lewis. he should keep his mouth closed and just work hard at his job. it's not like McLaren are running a Ferrari-style policy (of the Schumacher days) where they had a clear number 1 and 2 from the 1st race of the season, he's got every opportunity to outshine Lewis at the coming races.

the love for Lewis is understandable, most of the team are English so of course they'll have a natural affinity for him. it's up to Alonso to re-assert himself by performing where he knows best: on the track.

Date: June 14, 2007 12:13AM
Posted by: tripleM
How do you know that they're in love with Hamilton?

Is it because Alonso says so?

There's no justifiable reason, none, zip to suggest that Alonso should be getting some sort of preferential treatment over Hamilton. McLaren simply don't operate like that and it would be slightly big-headed to demand from them to change it to accommodate a driver who hasn't shown to be faster.

As long as he is given equal support (and i am certain of that) and he has a very competitive car (probably the best know) it's down to him and his driving to make the difference and win the championship.

It's pretty unfortunate that comments about all the help and support going to Hamilton didn't appear in the media following the Grand Prix at Monaco which in Alonso's words was an easy victory. It's not like McLAren's MO was any different there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2007 12:19AM by tripleM.
Date: June 14, 2007 12:16AM
Posted by: tripleM
Muks, Alonso actually said that Hamilton benefited the most from the Safety Car in Canada which again is a rather unfortunate choice of words.

Date: June 14, 2007 12:44AM
Posted by: ralv585
i totally agree that mclaren are an equal status team, they both have the same car and both treated equally on track. i just think that all the praise that they heap on Lewis is getting to him, he would never had made those mistakes if his teammate was different, he is having to push himself further and further, which is causing him to make mistakes, mclaren could have avoided this situation if they handled their drivres better.

i'm not saying that they should adopt a clear number 1 and number 2 status, i applaud them in not doing so, but they should have made Alonso feel more like a number 1, that is how you get the best out of him.

but all credit to Lewis, he is forcing Alonso into these mistakes, cos he just looks so completely solid, but for my money, Alonso is still the best driver on the grid, and thats coming from a huge kimi fan, and total lewis hater!

about the ball licking, drivers have huge egos, if they feel that they are getting second hand treatment, it makes them feel inadequate (check spelling)
it adds extra pressure to prove themselves, if they have total support, then they can crash the car and nobody would mind, but if they feel that the team isn't behind them fully, the extra pressure is there.
look at fisi and trulli under briatore, he broke them, he adored alonso and alonso shone.
its all about gaining approval, that which we have all experienced in our lives.

Date: June 14, 2007 12:53AM
Posted by: Joeku
well mclaren did make alonso feel like a number 1 until lewis showed he could get good results aswell, and lewis is leading the champiuonshipo so why should alonso be number 1.

two time world champion shouldnt go kamikaze in to the first corner in the last 2 out of 3 races.

I reckon he is letting lewis's hype get to him

________________________________________________________________________________

Date: June 14, 2007 01:16AM
Posted by: chet
Going through photobucket, and I added this on the 13th of April 2005 :p But looking at Kimis race suit, was that 2 years ago :o

Strange how this turn out ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 14, 2007 01:31AM
Posted by: Slash
Alonso's always been a moaner, even on the track when he has a backmarker he alwasy complains and raises his hand and stuff, remember the Ralf incident?, and many others.. Dornboos... but i have no doubt in my mind that Alonso will come on top in the next races, he's got the strenght to do so, and he, unlike Kimi knows he can be as fast or faster than his teammate, that's why i think he'll end up being on top of Hamilton, and in Ferrari the situation is quite different, i think Kimi's never had a teammate as fast as Felipe Massa and at the peak of the form Felipe is, the guys is driving very good, so even if Kimi gains those tenths that are missing, (because of his adjustemnt to the new car and all those silly theories) if they are, he'll still be behind Massa, he hasn't prove once to be as fast as Felipe, whereas Alonso has proven it with Hamilton

I remember people kept saying that JPM needed to adjust to Mclaren, and at the end of the season "he did", and everybody was waiting to see him fight Kimi in 2006, and the truth was that 2006 was JPM's worst season ever, that's why i don't believe a driver that's paid 30millions per year, and drives one of the best cars on the grid, and thousands of miles in winter testing, needs more than 7 months to adjust to the new car, didn't Michael Schumacher came in jordan and beated his teammate right away?, and then at Benetton?, and then in his first season at Ferrari gave them the best season they had for more than 10 years?
Date: June 14, 2007 10:46AM
Posted by: mikef1
"didn't Michael Schumacher came in jordan and beated his teammate right away?, and then at Benetton?, and then in his first season at Ferrari gave them the best season they had for more than 10 years?"

Yes to the first and second points but Michael did not give Ferrari it's best season in more than 10 years when he joined because Prost nearly won the world championship in 1990. Also Ferrari were on the up from 1994 and winning races thanks to Jean Todt.

Yes Fernando is a bit of a moaner but he has a point about Mclaren, Ron does have his favourites even though they are an equal opportunity racing team and i'm sure he is warming to Lewis more than Fernando perhaps likes and also we have to remember that Fernando has a far better inside view of Mclaren politics and atmosphere than we do.

Again it's up to Fernando to do the talking on the track, the last two GPs he has held a slight performance advantage over Lewis but cocked up his race (and qualifying)royally in Cananda and should accept that he had a bad race, put it to the back of his mind and get on with the job.
Date: June 14, 2007 11:36AM
Posted by: Ali
But any of you really heard the interview???????
He was saying that it was a though race, he had bad luck, he then risked a lot and the tyres didn't worked as he expected... but the guy who was doing the interview was constantly asking: ¿But what about the team?¿Are they supoporting Hamilton more than you? An at the end he only said that "most of the crew are british, the team is british and they are happy to see a british driver doing it so well". But he didn't seemed to be looking for excuses, he was just pionting out that he was not "beloved" in McLaren as he probably was at Renault, but that he knew that and accepts it.

It seems most of the people of the forum believes that Alonso, only 3 years and half older than Lewis is already done, ready to retire and that those two titles are just a couple of lucky seasons...we'll see.
But before doing such a comments, you should listed the "real words" and not only make jutgements reading the headlines...

And about FA leaving McLaren. I don't think Ron would like a swith between KR and FA...I don't know if it is only a concidence the presence of Alonso and the most reliable/fast car that McLaren has produced for long time.

Link to the interview (in Spanish, obviously):
[www.cadenaser.com]

PD:
It is know that Alonso's girlfriend/wife (?) in Malasya went to the Renault box because in the Mclaren one it was difficult to follow the race (I don't know the details of what really happened)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2007 12:19PM by Ali.
Date: June 14, 2007 12:53PM
Posted by: marcl
In canada all alonso had to do was stay within distance of lewis as alonso had 2 more laps of fuel in the car i am talking if there was no saftey car.

Alonso went off at the 1st turn and lost his chance there and then to win. In the 1st stint he did not have the pace of lewis he did not even have the pace of nick.

Renault put 100% behind one driver alonso just like benetton done with ms they do not have a hughe budget and only 1 driver gets all the help.

How good is alonso well i have always had my doubts as people on here know. He is ok when leading and defending but catching cars up when the pressure is on he does seem to make errors. The error at the start of canada was 100% his fault and a stupid mistake to make for a 2 time world champ.

Alonso had 1 person to blame for his poor races this year and thats himself. In spain he blamed massa and in canada he blames the safety car he was only in 4th place when the car came out 20 secs behind lewis.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy