That was boring

Posted by Keithb 
That was boring
Date: March 07, 2004 07:01AM
Posted by: Keithb
First "race" of the season,and it was boring as hell.Let's hope the other 17 are better,and they've just GOT to change the qualifying format.

Re: That was boring
Date: March 07, 2004 07:30AM
Posted by: Muks_C
the marathon 1 and half hour quali session was a bit tiring to watch, and there was no excitement in it. i hope they bring back the old 1 hour shootout, with some rules to make sure there is some action throughout the session, not just at the end.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 07, 2004 08:12AM
Posted by: BenF1
Yeah,the race was very boring indeed,and the 1hr30min qualy session went on a bit.I hope they change it back to what it was in 2003.

[www.myspace.com]
Date: March 07, 2004 08:17AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
They're not gonna be able to change the qualifying format considering the seaons now started.

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: March 07, 2004 08:24AM
Posted by: Big_F1_Fan
i think it would be good to have a one hour session on friday where the top 5 cars from the previous GP go out in the first 15 minutes and can do as many flying laps as they can fit into that time.

then in the next 15 minutes the cars that finished 6th to 10th would go out and so on.

then they should have a second one hour session on the saturday, where the order would be determined from the 1st qualy. and so the bottom 5 cars from the 1st qualy would be out first and so on, and after that qualy lock the cars up in parc ferme, so they have do their qualy laps with varying amounts of fuel. if sum 1 has more fuel for example, they can do more qualy laps or go further into the race. if sum 1 has less fuel, they cud probably have 1 qualy lap with a faster car, rather than several laps with a heavier one. in the 2nd session, the cars would not be allowed to return to the pits for refuelling between setting times.

just an idea like, but i think that would be pretty good. ne 1 else have ideas?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: March 07, 2004 08:26AM
well in 2003, they qualy rules were provisional, they said they were gonna use them for the first 3 or 4 races, then have a meeting to decide whether to keep them or not, and they decided to keep them.

already bernire has said it was rubbish, and MS has said there was no excitement in it, and most of the viewers were not happy, so you never know, after a few races they could change it if they wanted.

Date: March 07, 2004 09:28AM
Posted by: NickKK
I think that F1 has been maltreated by its authority. The qaulifying used ot be just fine the qualy session in Melb was the first time ever I've fallen asleep watching a session. The new rules from 2k3 spoiled F1 they should have left it as it was. No one did anything in '88, no one did anything anything in '92, teams rise and fall Ferrari will be off the top very soon I think even this season. Overall the FIA got scared for its ratings I think they should have said 'no this is the way F1 goes sometimes you wait for a while and see'. Old qualy was just fine...:(
Date: March 07, 2004 09:33AM
Posted by: calimbo
This is going to be a loooong season. a 2002B
Date: March 07, 2004 09:35AM
i also fell asleep during qualy, but thats maybe because it was 4am.

Date: March 07, 2004 09:36AM
Could be! :P

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: March 07, 2004 09:51AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

u mean there was a race on?

I thought it was a prarade today, and they gave points for

"most disliked team tactics" to ferrari

"ugliest paint job" to renault

"widest nose" no williams

"best looking carshape" to BAR

"best animal look-a-like" to mclaren

Date: March 07, 2004 09:53AM
u mean there was a race on?

LMAO!

Date: March 07, 2004 10:02AM
Posted by: marcl
to me that was the most boring gp weekend that i have ever seen. it not just because of ferrari there was n=just no action at all
Date: March 07, 2004 02:16PM
Posted by: RonF1
Not the best of races hope it dont continue like that. Ferraris were miles ahead

Date: March 08, 2004 02:31PM
Posted by: Echo1
I also had problems staying awake (yes, it was v late.) The race was was a total bore and I agree with one of the above posters that the qualifing should be returned to its original format.

I hope it isn't going to be another '02 season.
Date: March 08, 2004 04:06PM
Posted by: matthewp
They're not gonna be able to change the qualifying format considering the seaons now started.

why? they can and will change the format it was terrible I havent heard one person say one positive thing about it

Date: March 09, 2004 03:34AM
Posted by: Pooky
they will change it you see.

they will also keep the 1 shot qualifying though, as it gives all the teams good air time and equal time on tv for the sponsors

but i think they will also have 30 minutes open pitlane like the old style 1 hour qualifying with 12 laps

Date: March 09, 2004 03:35AM
Posted by: DS2k3
i think they need to think of wayz to increase slipstreaming or something that will allow overtaking or something to even the cars performances out.. they change the circuits layouts to increase overtaking through changed corners which didnt do anything imo, so next stop would be doing something to the cars. any suggestions?

Ferrari forever
Date: March 09, 2004 03:51AM
Posted by: Pooky
i find it hilarious,

how the FIA try to decrease cornering performance by making the rear wing 2 plane, instead of 3

yet the cars are best part of 3 seconds a lap faster than last year! or the ferrari was lol

Date: March 09, 2004 03:47PM
didn't they want to reduce cornering speeds by reducing the rear wing elements to 2, and not the outright straight line speed?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy