Montreal Canadian F1 Grand Prix **SPOILERS**

Posted by SexySam182 
Re: Montreal Canadian F1 Grand Prix **SPOILERS**
Date: June 12, 2007 07:09PM
Posted by: villej
"Not every track should be like montreal =/ "

I don't mean that every track should be like Montreal. But my honest opinion is that at the moment in F1 there are too much tracks that are too easy.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: June 12, 2007 07:13PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yes i agree. the 2 fast chicanes at Magny-Cours are awesome, and more of a challenge when there was gravel on either side of the track at both of them. now they just have tarmac everywhere, so the challenge of getting it right has gone. they can go through there as fast as possible, all that can happen is they will go off and rejoin, having lost 1 second at the most if they don't get it too wrong.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 12, 2007 07:14PM
Posted by: dkpioe
alonso is turning into a michael schumacher with his comments. really happy and smiling when he has the best car given to him, and when things arent great, all the cracks appear, and the sore-loserism comes out.
Date: June 12, 2007 07:16PM
Posted by: dkpioe
wouldnt it be smart for honda to use the super aguri as a 'b' model honda for the rest of the season? its obviously been developed more then the 2007 car, and is probabaly a better base for next years car.
Date: June 12, 2007 07:20PM
Posted by: mikef1
dkpioe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> alonso is turning into a michael schumacher with
> his comments. really happy and smiling when he has
> the best car given to him, and when things arent
> great, all the cracks appear, and the
> sore-loserism comes out.

You do like to make yourself popular on this site don't you! Obviously Fernando rues the loss of being the team leader as he was at Renault for the last two seasons but all the best winners are sore losers, fact.
Date: June 12, 2007 07:34PM
Muks_C Wrote:
> yes i agree. the 2 fast chicanes at Magny-Cours
> are awesome, and more of a challenge when there
> was gravel on either side of the track at both of
> them. now they just have tarmac everywhere, so the
> challenge of getting it right has gone. they can
> go through there as fast as possible, all that can
> happen is they will go off and rejoin, having lost
> 1 second at the most if they don't get it too
> wrong.

Yep, i remember when curbs were high and running over them would result in a puncture or damamged suspension, added to the common sight of tarmac where gravel traps used to be makes it far to easy to get away with making errors these days.
Date: June 12, 2007 08:20PM
Posted by: tripleM
My only problem with the latest set of comments from Alonso is that he thinks that he is not getting the same level of support due to his nationality.

He may not have a perfect relationship with the team right now and remarks like that don't help in changing it for the better.

Don't get me wrong, in no way am i suggesting that Alonso should zip it, but in my opinion he should be more careful considering how McLaren prides itself on giving both drivers equal support.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2007 08:22PM by tripleM.
Date: June 12, 2007 08:38PM
Posted by: Slash
dkpioe Wrote:
> alonso is turning into a michael schumacher with
> his comments. really happy and smiling when he has
> the best car given to him, and when things arent
> great, all the cracks appear, and the
> sore-loserism comes out.

LOL, you clearly have no idea what you talkin' about, or you are new to Formula 1, from all the years i've seen F-1 i never saw michael talk like Alonso is doing now, against his team, against his teammate and against the safety car..

in 2005, Michael's hardest year he never complained once, he kept saying stuff about moving forward, and last year after suzuka, you might expected him to rant to his team or something, and he didn't once!!, at least not to the media!

Michael Schumacher was one of a kind, and i miss him on track still, even if F-1 is more exciting right now, (because enyone can win), there's still missing the dominant figure of the sport, Not Raikkonen, Not Alonso, have proved to have the talent of Michael Schumacher, the guy came and started beating his teamates intantly (without adjusting himself to new cars and new tyres, "F1's best excuse right now when underperforming";), Massa is dominating Kimi but nobody can say he's the best on the grid and the same goes for Hamilton, who is not dominating but proving to be just as fast.., let's wait a couple of years to see if he really is the big deal, i mean look at Alonso, he's probably the best driver on the grid but this rookie is proving that he's not the dominant figure, so maybe Piquet Jr. comes and beats everybody, and then someone and so on, but for more than 13 years, michael was the one to beat, so yeah F1 is more exciting, but only because the best left, and the rest can win

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2007 08:44PM by Slash.
Date: June 12, 2007 08:43PM
Posted by: chet
Anyone else not think this 'Alonso complaining to the team' is a creation of the British Press trying to even more so glorify their man??

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 12, 2007 08:55PM
Posted by: tripleM
The quotes may be taken out of context, but even Ron Dennis didn't go as far as to say that they have been created.

Date: June 12, 2007 08:55PM
Posted by: Slash
not me, he complaint against Renault last year being in the best position in the Team.. why wouldn't he now?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2007 08:55PM by Slash.
Date: June 12, 2007 11:44PM
Last year Fernando had lots of things going against him which that he complained about that i could understand and agree with.
This year he is in a new team, with a team mate who seems to be redifining the word rookie, who obviously seems to be right at home with and well integrated in the team and has equal status and opportunities to develop and race.
He simply, like Kimi imo, is not as happy in the team as his team mate. Lewis has been groomed into his new role for several years whereas Fernando has left his team of five years to settle into a new team with high exepectations as the World Champ and probably not much in the way of moral support at least compared to his team mate.
I do understand what Fernando means by impyling that Lewis has more support but he simply cannot let that factor interfere with his mind set and his racing. If he wants to be the champ again and beat Lewis, who has nothing to lose and has far less pressure to do well, he needs to keep his head and not allow his obviously talented team mate to rattle him as he did in Canada.
Alonso slammed Renault a few times when things weren't going right for him. I'm sure some here will remember that.
Date: June 13, 2007 01:21PM
Posted by: Covfan
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
> Alonso slammed Renault a few times when things
> weren't going right for him. I'm sure some here
> will remember that.

Yes, but remember, if things weren't going right for Alonso, they weren't going right for the team either. He had to basically carry Renault due to the ineptitude of his teammate. This year however his position of being the dominant force in a team is definitely non-existent as his team mate is currently leading the championship and is more consistent than he is.
Date: June 13, 2007 03:10PM
Posted by: Sniper
Hi guys, I was checking some pics of Kubica and noticed you could actually see his feet!! Quite a miracle he hasn't broke anything, he has been very lucky...

People always tell F1 is quite safe but if you look at this picture :s

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
Date: June 13, 2007 03:18PM
In recent years the FIA has made lots of safety improvements to the sides of the cockpits but not on the front of the car, maybe this crash will encourage them to make the front crash testing more rigorous as the cars are all so slim at the front, especially compared with IRL or CART cars.
Date: June 13, 2007 04:55PM
Posted by: damunoz
OMG!!! what a picture!

Back to basics... I feel like a newbie! hahahahaa!!!
Date: June 13, 2007 04:55PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ Sniper, you can also see his feet in this pic, posted a few pages ago:

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 13, 2007 06:12PM
Posted by: chet
That is shocking more than anything.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Covfan Wrote:
> Yes, but remember, if things weren't going right
> for Alonso, they weren't going right for the team
> either. He had to basically carry Renault due to
> the ineptitude of his teammate. This year however
> his position of being the dominant force in a team
> is definitely non-existent as his team mate is
> currently leading the championship and is more
> consistent than he is.

Still, you don't publicly slam your team when something is going wrong. You may bitch and moan in private, but you should just be polite when talking to the press.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy