Re: Montreal Canadian F1 Grand Prix **SPOILERS**
Date: June 10, 2007 09:58PM
Posted by: Peat
tripleM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a feeling that there are going to be some
> serious questions asked as to how Kubica's car
> took off.

The crash reminded me of Greg Moore's fatal one back in '99. Robert hit an access road (which was slighty raised from the grass) which sent him up in the air. Now, had the front wing still been on, he wouldnt have gained so much height.

In conclusion, it was an accident, i dont think the circuit showed any negligence.

EDIT: Just watched a few replays, and the front wing remained on until the big impact, my bad...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2007 12:10AM by Peat.
Date: June 10, 2007 09:58PM
Posted by: Hologide
Cheers for posting the vids :)

What an awesome race!

Glad RK escaped as healthily as he did...
Date: June 10, 2007 10:01PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Locke Cole Wrote:
> I LOVE Montreal for its unpredictablility come
> race day. Every single year in Canada there is an
> unexpected performance :) This year I reckon we'll
> see Nick Heidfeld grab 2nd place.

well done Mystic Meg :)

yeah and good races from Nick, Wurz and Kova.

and James Allen, although slightly annoying with his "and Lewis Hamilton..(10 second pause).....WINS!", wasn't as bad as Hungary '06. probably because JB had had a few bad seasons so the win wasn't on the cards. we all expected Lewis to win sometime this season, so it wasn't as much of a surprise, so he didn't need to go into hyper-orgasm mode.

and did you see in Parc Ferme after they got weighed, someone offered Wurz another wristwatch after he'd already put one on, he then said "I got one already" with a huge grin.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2007 10:04PM by Muks_C.
Date: June 10, 2007 10:03PM
Posted by: mschumi
hope kubica gets well soon!!!

and lol at wurz... he was allmost taller than hamilton, when they were sittin on the podium!!! no to say anything about nick LOL

Scuderia Ferrari Forever
Date: June 10, 2007 10:06PM
Posted by: danny87
mschumi Wrote:
> hope kubica gets well soon!!!
>
>
> and lol at wurz... he was allmost taller than
> hamilton, when they were sittin on the podium!!!

Lol i said that to my dad

-----------------------------------------------

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
Date: June 10, 2007 10:11PM
Posted by: tripleM
"In conclusion, it was an accident, i dont think the circuit showed any negligence."

True. They didn't get graded by the FIA for inadequate safety measures, but i believe that without the car taking off the extent of the injuries would have been less.

Date: June 10, 2007 10:16PM
good job it hit the 1st wall the way it did, if it had missed it he would have continued in the air until he hit the bigger wall, and could have jumped straight over it onto the cars on the other side

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
Date: June 10, 2007 10:17PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
i think they will put some tyres at that wall next year were kubica crsahed! He went full in the wall with tyres it could have been less worse then now.
Date: June 10, 2007 10:18PM
Posted by: Red Sam
OK - here is my take on the pitlane rules:

RULE: When the SC is deployed, all cars have to stack behind it. When this is complete, the pitlane is declared OPEN. Cars can then pit at leisure. Alonso and Rosberg pitted before this process was complete (because they were out of fuel, unfortunately) and as such, gained a competitive advantage. PENALTY: 10sec S/G

RULE: Whenever the pitlane is open, when the SC and the train of cars are in the vicinity of the pit area, a red light is shown at the end of the pits. Cars MUST wait there until it is green. Failure to obey this constitutes a possible risk to safety (driving fast into a group of slow cars and having to blend into them). PENALTY: Black Flag - precident, JP Montoya, 2004 (?)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 10, 2007 10:19PM

Date: June 10, 2007 10:27PM
Posted by: pankykapus
it was 2005 when Montoya was DQ-ed I believe at the same race Alonso smashed the wall and complained about Fisi being slower.
Date: June 10, 2007 10:32PM
Posted by: villej
Räikkönen had problems with brakes since the firs safety car, according to him.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: June 10, 2007 10:44PM
Posted by: gav
Well done to Hamilton. He kept his head well, and deserved that win.

Stunning job by Heidfeld - he must have known Kubica was in trouble.

Wurz was great. That rear wing was in an awful state, though to be fair he just got very lucky with safety cars.

Sato was good, but his strategy (and that of his pits too no doubt) let him down. Did well at the end on the harder rubber.

Man of the race for me was Kovalainen. Struggled so much all weekend, then was just so incisive through the traffic. He was excellent in the early stages to put himself into a decent position. He profited from the safety cars, but had to work extremely hard for the result. Stunning whenever I saw him.

AH87 Wrote:
> I REPEAT:
>
> I don't understand how the pits could be closed
> when Massa and Fisico exited it. I mean, it was
> open when they entered it. It was a text at the
> bottom of the screen that said: PITS OPEN. But
> then it was closed when they exited. It seems
> really really strange to me.
> And also, why didn't Alonso and Rosberg also get
> black flaged, the pits must have been closed when
> they exited it also. Else the wouldn't have got a
> stop/go penalty.
> So my words about the referees aren't that great.

You really don't understand the rules. Take off your fanboy hat. The pits are never closed. They are open always - only at some points, if you pit when they are 'restricted' (classified as 'closed' on the TV captions) then you will get a 10 second penalty. They knew the rules.

Alonso, Rosberg, Massa and Fisi were all fully entitled to enter the pits when they did. Alonso and Rosberg took the penalty of a 10 second stop/go (pitting in a restricted pit) while Massa and Fisi committed the 3rd worst sin in motorsport. You never, ever, exit the pits when you're told not to. Forget whether the safety car is in turn 1 or not, it's irrelevant. You do not under any circumstances exit the pits when the red light is on. The only things worse than that is ignoring double waved yellow flags, and not slowing sufficiently under a red flag.

The now standard ITV quote, this time provided by the great (buffoon) Mark Blundell, obviously discussing Lewis Hamilton's win. "This could be his best year yet for a world championship run".... really? No @#$%& @#$%&.

Good news about Kubica. I've only seen 1 crash where I thought what I saw there, and that was Gregg Moore at Fontana in 1999, as some one mentioned earlier. Not even Burti's crash looked that bad. Broken leg wasn't what I expected - I was thinking internal or head. He's got away with that one. Lucky boy.
Date: June 10, 2007 11:52PM
Posted by: chet
Fizzy and Massa were pretty dumb tbf.

Kubica with not a great deal of experience showed some logic by obviously looking whether it was red or not, or at least showing knowledge of the rules of the series he is racing in.

Clearly Massa and Fizzy need to read the rules or look closer.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 11, 2007 12:04AM
Posted by: dierome
I see Ferrari struggling big time. Clearly they miss someone like Schumacher on the cockpit. He was not only quick but capable of developing a car throughout the season. Raikkonen and Massa are quick as long as they have a perfect car.
Date: June 11, 2007 12:07AM
Posted by: Nemesis78
Red Sam Wrote:

>
> Will have to watch again to be sure, but
> unfortunately ITV decided that Coronation St was
> more important than an extra 15 min about the most
> exciting race of the season so far...

I watched the MotoGP on BBC2 earlier. They had to leave the circuit and hand over for the Rugby match. What they did say is "Press the Red Button" Which I did, and there was a continuation of the coverage. More interviews/analysis etc.

ITV have 5 channels Itv1-4 and M&M What exactly was stopping them from shifting to one of those channels?
Date: June 11, 2007 12:08AM
their ineptitude.

Date: June 11, 2007 12:13AM
Posted by: Peat
WOW! great pics, you can see his feet sticking out!

Date: June 11, 2007 12:19AM
Posted by: dierome
OMG!!! His feet sticking out remind me of Zanardi's crash....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2007 12:43AM by dierome.
Date: June 11, 2007 12:20AM
i think Liuzzi got a left-rear puncture immediately as he arrived behind Kubica, his right-front wheel was up in the air and not rotating, from the onboard footage.

and Davidson said he hit a beaver, causing his massive lock-up and unexpected pitstop.

and BMW are saying Robert hasn't broken his leg, according to ITV's site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2007 12:26AM by Muks_C.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy