Montreal Canadian F1 Grand Prix **SPOILERS**

Posted by SexySam182 
Re: Montreal Canadian F1 Grand Prix **SPOILERS**
Date: June 09, 2007 10:39PM
Posted by: calimbo
well, it made me think about the british media and their anger towards mclaren and all that monaco stuff, so...
Date: June 09, 2007 10:49PM
Posted by: Sauber89
to be fair chet you have had "the buttons years" with itv

Date: June 09, 2007 10:59PM
Posted by: matt3454
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> inch by inch
> analysis of his first pole...

bet you wish it was buttons ;)

Date: June 09, 2007 11:03PM
Posted by: Peat
calimbo Wrote:
> Peat, i'm not irrespcting u at any moment, so
> please, respect me and dont call me an idiot. I'm
> just talking about the topic we are talking here
> and my point of view

Im not trying to pick a fight, its just that your original comment was ridiculous.

Date: June 10, 2007 12:57AM
Posted by: Imran
Could I ask al the Britsh fans who are annoyed by ITV's coverage to not watch the race build up tomorrow and send a letter through ITV-f1 website?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: June 10, 2007 01:25AM
Posted by: Muks_C
i switched the tv off as soon as the session ended. was the post-qualli coverage cringeworthy to an all new high? did they imply that it was an automatic win for Lewis, like it was (not) in Monaco? i can imagine Steve would have gone off on one reading his script, and Blundell trying to reign back the enthusiasm and give more of a sobre opinion.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 10, 2007 01:37AM
Posted by: chet
Sauber89 - true, but it was never as bad as this, then again he was never given the same opputunity. but thats no reason to make a 40min show dedicated to him then spend the hour before quali talking about him.

matt - i do :( but Honda will be quick soon enough i hope!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 10, 2007 05:17AM
Posted by: Senna
OK, my opinions, team by team...

McLaren - Once again Alonso and Hamilton pwned the entire field, as expected. Their cars are strong here, and they should have another easy task in this race.

Ferrari - They were pwned by McLaren, and the advantage they had in pre-season up to Bahrain, disappeared very quickly. Kimi is yet to regain the pace he showed at Melbourne, and his teammate has another tough task starting in 4th. Of course, I dont believe in him.

BMW Sauber - WTF!! Amazing drive by Nick, he pushed extremely hard to put his car between the Maccas and Ferraris! I must admit, I wasnt expecting this kind of drive from him, and he surprised me. He really has some talent to show, if hes in a decent car. I couldnt see enough of Kubica though, but so atm i think that hes very, very far from Heidfeld.

ING Renault - Fisichella didnt do anything amazing or unexpected. Just his normal drive between the front runners and the midfield pack. Let's face it, he'll never fight for the title. The car isnt that bad, its almost the same as in previous seasons. They need to put more work on the suspension to make the "bridgies" work like the michelins did for them. And Kovy, pfft. He cracked under pressure, and the fact that he had never raced at Montreal isnt an excuse. Lewis got the pole with just 3 days of experience there. For someone who thinks that can match Lewis, he has done nothing in this season, and Fisi is pwning him. He needs to improve, otherwise he'll end like Fisichella. I'm pretty sure that Piquet Jr is very close to make his first F1 race this season.

Honda - The car pisses me off. Its not only understeery, but also slow in straights. They were supposed to be working to reduce the amount of problems in this car, but looks like they arent doing anything. If I were Button, i'd start to look for another team, they are just too lazy and are always creating more and more excuses. Exactly like No.8 loves to do when he fails. Like Ralf, No.8 has nothing more to do in F1.

Red Bull - Webber once again pwned DC. I'm pretty sure that Webber will replace DC next season, being the new veteran in the team to help another rookie. The car really improved, but very little. They are just up there because Honda and Renault dropped back.

Williams - Nico is driving better than he did in the last season, and hes definately has talent. No need to mention that in a customer Toyota car, hes pwning the works team MOST EXPERIENCED drivers. They have a decent car, good enough for some points, but not yet to bring glory back to Sir Frank Williams headquarters. I still believe in Wurz, but I dont know whats happening with him. This season is his last chance, he needs to show that he can be there for the next season, or I'll be forced to support his retirement. :(

Toyota - Again, spending millions and millions of dollars in a team that still uses the same car, with no big developments and the same drivers that still deliver the same poor performances. Trulli is just like Fisi. After todays performance in quali, Ralf deserves to be sacked for the next race.

Super Aguri - Using the last years Honda car, they are pwning the works team. Points @ Spain with Sato, but Davidson is yet to prove that hes capable to be a regular F1 driver. He seems to be still thinking that hes a test driver. Sato is doing well and Honda made a mistake by dropping him from the works team to a customer team.

Toro Rosso - No big developments so far, disappointing. I cant understand Liuzzi - he did well in the lower formulae but then still didnt convinced me that he can be there for the next Season. But I am convinced that Speed should be sacked. He didnt showed me anything to prove that he can make good things at STR.

Spyker - Sutil once again pwned Albers. But I think that hes a bit overrated atm - Lets face it, he still didnt showed anything amazing. I might change my mind if he starts to deliver some good qualifying and race results. Would be good to see if hes good enough to put his Spyker in Q2, or drive a consistent race into top 10, for example. Albers? Jesus, they should sign Jos "The Boss" to replace him, Jos is damn good, and could give them a better feedback about the car!

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2007 05:20AM by Senna.
Bruno... Massa isnt starting 4th, kimi is, massa is 5th...

Date: June 10, 2007 09:32AM
Posted by: SexySam182
Senna Wrote:
> Honda - The car pisses me off. Its not only
> understeery, but also slow in straights. They were
> supposed to be working to reduce the amount of
> problems in this car, but looks like they arent
> doing anything. If I were Button, i'd start to
> look for another team, they are just too lazy and
> are always creating more and more excuses. Exactly
> like No.8 loves to do when he fails. Like Ralf,
> No.8 has nothing more to do in F1.

Im a Button fan, but how can you say that Button should move to a new team, but Barrachello has no place in F1, when he is clearly faster than Button this year?

Date: June 10, 2007 10:45AM
Posted by: jbnd05
About the Lewis / ITV thing, I think I think you can stand watching stuff about him for a bit when for years all we've heard is "Jenson, when are you going to win?" and "Jenson's going to win!"
Date: June 10, 2007 11:12AM
Posted by: Sauber89
yer but the worst thing is jenson had a shocking half seasons when the hype would die down, british viewers are looking at 20 years of this arse licking | i'd like ferrari to win today because ron denis i frankly going mad with the attention hes getting.

Date: June 10, 2007 11:56AM
Posted by: elemental
Oh dear, the ITV build-up will be unbearable. I think I'll just tune in for the gridwalk with Martin Brundle, he's a bit less eager to get down on his knees and pleasure Hamilton violently than the rest of the team.
Date: June 10, 2007 12:28PM
Posted by: Fincent
If anybody does watch the build up today (which i probably wont be, a first for me...i cant stand this constant appreciation anymore, theres 21 other drivers for godsake!) then I'd like you to keep a tally chart of how many times they say the words "Lewis Hamilton" ;)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: June 10, 2007 12:54PM
Posted by: Hologide
Lewis Hamilton did an awesome job..

Having never been to Montreal and learning the track fast enough to score pole - that's gotta say something about the lad's talents.

I'm with you guys though - not gonna bother with ITV before/after the race. Race start at 6pm GMT, right?
Date: June 10, 2007 12:59PM
Posted by: mikef1
ITV viewers better have some sick bags ready for the pre race show today, it's going to be the worst one for sure this time. I mean really it was never this bad with Button last year.
I just can't believe that Mclaren are so strong this season, i think it is a combination of having a great car and two top team mates who push each other to the limit. Lewis did a great qualy lap but Fernando was faster so he still has a good chance of a win.
If Lewis does win i'll be happy for him but i'll have to turn off the sound of James Allen having an orgasm, his response to Jenson's win last year was cringe worthy but i can imagine it would be 100x worse if Lewis does it.
Date: June 10, 2007 01:20PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
Now, Hamilton MAY of beaten Alonso to Pole. But just to make sure Fernando not only lifted as he crossed the grid (before the line) as mentioned by Ted to Ron afterwards. But also swerved massively to his left to make sure he took a longer run to the line.

ANYBODY whose followed F1 for a few years saw that and understood it.

Lewis doesn't need "Gimmes" and its insulting to people who can follow F1 better than ITV. Like many Im sick of all the Lewis attention ITV give him. Its so OTT its ridiculous and ultimately demeans Lewis!
Date: June 10, 2007 01:38PM
Posted by: chet
SexySam182 Wrote:
> Senna Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Honda - The car pisses me off. Its not only
> > understeery, but also slow in straights. They
> were
> > supposed to be working to reduce the amount of
> > problems in this car, but looks like they arent
> > doing anything. If I were Button, i'd start to
> > look for another team, they are just too lazy
> and
> > are always creating more and more excuses.
> Exactly
> > like No.8 loves to do when he fails. Like Ralf,
> > No.8 has nothing more to do in F1.
>
> Im a Button fan, but how can you say that Button
> should move to a new team, but Barrachello has no
> place in F1, when he is clearly faster than Button
> this year?

In qualifying RB has proven the quicker, but in the races they are prettymuch equal.

however i think this weekend, RB has it over him.

throughout the season, RB has always started slower, but improved his times... JB hasnt looked to be able to do this... And I beleive its because it was only 2001 he had a shite car, and so he lacks good experience/knowledge of how to setup a bad car, or get a bad car to suit his style.

Once the car comes to him he will be fine, thing is, he cant seem to get the car to come to him as well as RB can. Like Prost, JB though extremely quick needs the circumstances to suit his style. He'll be fine though.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Nemesis78 Wrote:
> Now, Hamilton MAY of beaten Alonso to Pole. But
> just to make sure Fernando not only lifted as he
> crossed the grid (before the line) as mentioned by
> Ted to Ron afterwards. But also swerved massively
> to his left to make sure he took a longer run to
> the line.
>
> ANYBODY whose followed F1 for a few years saw that
> and understood it.
>
> Lewis doesn't need "Gimmes" and its insulting to
> people who can follow F1 better than ITV. Like
> many Im sick of all the Lewis attention ITV give
> him. Its so OTT its ridiculous and ultimately
> demeans Lewis!

I'm pretty sure he did that because he messed up the final chicane and then realised he'd lost the chance of improving his time.
Date: June 10, 2007 02:12PM
Posted by: Peat
Nemesis78 Wrote:
> Now, Hamilton MAY of beaten Alonso to Pole. But
> just to make sure Fernando not only lifted as he
> crossed the grid (before the line) as mentioned by
> Ted to Ron afterwards. But also swerved massively
> to his left to make sure he took a longer run to
> the line.
>
> ANYBODY whose followed F1 for a few years saw that
> and understood it.
>
> Lewis doesn't need "Gimmes" and its insulting to
> people who can follow F1 better than ITV. Like
> many Im sick of all the Lewis attention ITV give
> him. Its so OTT its ridiculous and ultimately
> demeans Lewis!

If you actually watched qualifying, you would know that Alonso had missed teh apex at the hairpin, thus dirtying his tyres on the marbles. The reduced grip caused him to mess up the final chicane aswell, at that point he realised the lap was screwed and he weaved down the straight out of fustration.

Lewis WON that pole position.

EDIT: Oops, think i read your post wrong....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2007 02:16PM by Peat.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy