F1 inks Sky TV deal in Italy

Posted by marcl 
F1 inks Sky TV deal in Italy
Date: May 22, 2007 12:38PM
Posted by: marcl
Its on f1-live

Bernie Ecclestone has concluded a three year agreement with the pay-channel Sky Sports for Formula One coverage in Italy.

The sport will still be broadcasted in the country by the state owned network Rai, but more comprehensive coverage is to be immediately available on Rupert Murdoch's Sky, the sports daily La Gazzetta dello Sport reported.

I so hope this happens in the UK, I have sky sports and if ITV show F1 people that dont have sky sports wont have to pay. I know which one i will watch and thats the one with no ads.
Re: F1 inks Sky TV deal in Italy
Date: May 22, 2007 04:18PM
Posted by: Hologide
I somewhat doubt Sky would be able to resist the temptation of a few ad breaks in the UK
Date: May 22, 2007 04:40PM
Posted by: Imran
They tried pay per view before in the UK with F1 in 2002 but they cancelled it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 22, 2007 05:10PM
Posted by: jbnd05
All the good sport is on Sky, they're taking over the world. Keep F1 on ITV, I feel sorry for the Italians.
Date: May 22, 2007 05:14PM
Posted by: marcl
Bernie cancelled it not sky, he stopped the f1 digital channel which was pay for view anyway sky just hosted it.

Read what I posted please.

People will have a choice it will still be shown on normal tele like it was with f1 digital.

And the f1 digital was fantastic btw I hated having to go back to ITV. Peter Windsor in the pit lane was the best.
Date: May 24, 2007 01:37PM
Posted by: rosberg91
good new we will have finally a good telecast...........
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy