Senna

Senna
Date: March 02, 2004 06:44AM
Posted by: Ferrari is the best!!!
Recently, I've been thinking about what happened to Senna. Tell me what you think happened! That is, if you want to think about this. It's so tragic!

Check out my website!
[www.freewebs.com]
Re: Senna
Date: March 02, 2004 07:09AM
Posted by: ralv585
there was a documentary on this on chanel 4 about a year go, it concluded that senna's williams was bottoming out, it bottomed out as he reached the corner and he lost control, the programme makers had footage, and telemetry given to them directly by the williams team. On board cameras showed that the steering wheel was moving about, and many thought that was the problem, but it was proven that wasn't the case. I can't remember exactly what the cause was but it was something along those lines.
apparently one of his closest friends suggested that the pressure of his fame and other things meant senna couldn't cope and so decided to take his life, i think thats bullshit, but it was a close friend who said that.

i personally really dont know. it happend in 94' i was only 11 years old, and only getting into the sport, but it will stay with me forever, watching was bad, they had blankets covering the scene so we couldnt see what was going on, murray wasnt talking much, so i knew it was serious, later tht day on the news he was pronounced dead, i was young but still felt the impact, the only other time i've felt like this was watching burti at spa, car burried in the tyres, and the blankets coming out, not good.
whatever really happened we might never know, but his legend will remain, thats the main thing.
Date: March 02, 2004 07:20AM
Posted by: X_Acto
There's lots of topics about Senna's death, just click in the "SEARCH" button!

I don't want to talk about this right now!

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: March 02, 2004 09:17AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Suicide talks are just a big pile of crap. Need to find out who that "friend" is.
I still believe it's suspension that killed him, as you can tell by the helmet.

Date: March 02, 2004 10:33AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
I agree with Gui.

It was a freak accident and the suspension came through his visor :(

Date: March 02, 2004 10:59AM
Posted by: Pooky
yep the wishbone pieced his helmet above his left eye i think and into the brain by 3 cm.

but it was not a suspension failure

the tyre pressures were low, thus dropping the car by a few cms, and the lap before he crashed he nearly lost it in that corner,

the next lap he crashed. his tyre pressures were still low, thus the car was bottoming out

effectively making it a 'sledge' on the belly with no control, no steering or braking etc.

Date: March 02, 2004 11:11AM

the tyre pressures were low, thus dropping the car by a few cms

from my understandings it was already 5 mm off the ground :)

Date: March 02, 2004 11:13AM
Posted by: andrew_S
frankly who cares? we will never know, for people that watched it (dunno if this is the case with others) going over it time and time again, just brings up painfull memorys of a tradjic weekend, r.i.p ayrton and roland

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: March 02, 2004 11:29AM

yeah i agree with u andrew.

i only saw the footage about 8 months back. it made me so sad

Date: March 02, 2004 12:47PM
Posted by: marcl
Agree Andrew every year when F1 goes to imola i remember that day and then monaco as well
Date: March 02, 2004 02:07PM
Posted by: RonF1
Senna's ride height was set very low. When he entered tamburello corner the car bottomed out which actually lost all the undercar downforce and the car went straight on. He would have survived if the suspension didnt go through his visor. Was a very very tragic accident. Think that was the reason that they have the wooden planks underneath the car now so drivers can't have very low ride heights

Date: March 02, 2004 07:00PM
Posted by: Guimengo
It sucked even more watching live, full of hopes
especially when his head moved. I was 9, and still remember... was in my dad's bed, watching it about 2m away from the tv, if that much.
Later on the day, I was in a soccer match, in MaracanĂ£ (Flamengo x Vasco), and started a "Valeu Senna" chaint, only because I was a kid and wanted to show off.... not long ago, I saw it on tv, the chaint, and was told it became one of the biggest symbols of his death.
Now, only if that came with a real real passion and desire I would feel ok.

And once again, I turn even more down the mood of a Senna thread.... :(

Date: March 03, 2004 03:35AM
Posted by: iceman kimi
<i>'It sucked even more watching live, full of hopes
especially when his head moved.'</i>

Yeah, i have the live eurosport coverage on video. It was awful because John Watson was banging on how he was obviously ok as his head was moving. Little did he know that they were the final spasams of the braindead senna. Truly terrible.

It was only when there was a massive pool of blood on the ground where he had been laying, that Watson stop saying how he was fine.

Iceman

Date: March 03, 2004 02:50PM
Posted by: The Lopper
I remember when i first saw the crash, it was when i was only getting into F1 and we didn't have BBC, so i couldn't see the races live.
On RT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy