Did Michael turn in?

Posted by -qwerty- 
Re: Did Michael turn in?
Date: February 29, 2004 10:48AM
Posted by: bigears

Credits to Daniel from the fameflame forums.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: February 29, 2004 11:52AM
Posted by: ralphi
wow.. that's uhm.. small.. :S

Date: February 29, 2004 12:15PM
Posted by: matthewp
I have seen an interview with him, where he said that he did it on purpose and he regretted nothing. The interview was conducted by that chubby guy from Top/auto Gear (A TV show on BBC about fast cars...).

all thats needed on the topic really, as if watching the video wasnt enough, its blatently obvious what he was doing

Date: February 29, 2004 12:56PM
Posted by: Fraplee
Yes Michael did turn in.

I can't say as how I blame him though; now before you all flip on me, rewatch and notice that: the only part of Villeneuve's car that is on the track are - the left tires on the curbing. Basically, Villeneuve cut the corner - it was a stupid desperate move. I think that Michael probably thought "you ain't winning the WC with a weasel move like that pal..." kablamoo! Both David Hobbs and Steve Machet made a comment during the Austrian GP (in '01 or '02 when Montoya punted Michael off the track) that Montoya's move was like what JV did to him in '97 at Jerez. So, I am not so convinced that Michael was 100% off base with the move. Villeneuve couldn't pass him on track so he resorted to some Moto-cross action.

Just my point of view,

FraPP!!!

Turn up the volume and enjoy the '04 season - I'm hoping for a seventh Schumacher WC. He is the Greatest of all time. I think that he holds all good records with the exception of most pole positions. What more does he need to do to convince you all that he is indeed the greatest.
Date: March 01, 2004 11:40AM
Posted by: Mark
i still have the full race on video and it's one race i watch more than most,firstly there was martin brundles very good grid walk which really set the race up superbly,refering to schumachers comment that he had three williams drivers around him as he considered damon to still be one of them and he was directly behind him.martin also produced both timesheets from the williams cars to prove that they both set the same lap time,but not the time sheet from ferrari.also martin refering to jv as coldilocks cause of his bleached hair and ms as golden gonads.
the race itself had three parts to it,the deliberate swipe at jv by michael,jv becoming world champion and williams and maclaren fixing the final result.
a lot of people have had a moan about ferrari and team orders and at times rightly so,but frentzen deliberatly slowing the field to wipe out michaels 5 second lead after the first stops had a major part,i can remember the moans when irvine backed up the field the previous race at suzuka.
after the 2nd stops michael who had built up a few second lead again once frentzen had pitted was slow after his second stop which put jv in position to try his move,i thought for a long time that michaels car must of had a problem as it looked like it had the beating of the williams during the race.ross brawn said in james allens book the quest for redeption that there was no problem with the car and that they agreed to take it easy on the new tyres,if this is true and i throw this open to the forum,do you think by ferrari being to conservative at the start of michaels third stint put him in the position to have jv make an attack on him.
Date: March 01, 2004 11:48AM
Posted by: andrew_S
well as brundle said, says it all, and says enough

you hit the wrong part of him my friend!

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: March 01, 2004 12:06PM
Posted by: Ellis
do you think by ferrari being to conservative at the start of michaels third stint put him in the position to have jv make an attack on him.

No. If he had the speed and the title was at risk, he would have used all the speed. There is no way that despite having the speed to win, he would have slowed enough to allow JV to close, and then close enough to go for a pass. If they were slowing to conserve tyres then they are very stupid because they slowed WAY to much.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 01, 2004 12:54PM
Posted by: jawwad01
was reading this thread . Don't know much about this incident because i started following f1 after 1997.

is there any download available for that move by ms . ?

Date: March 01, 2004 01:17PM
Posted by: tax dodger
i got that 97 review and watched it so many times.

michael did turn in.

watch the steering wheel.

he goes to turn as normal, spots JV, turns to the left (on a right hander) but then suddenly goes back to the right and slams into jv.

there is a debate of would jv have made the corner is MS hadnt have turned in, but the fact is, MS should have stayed out wide

TAX DODGER ;)
Date: March 01, 2004 01:25PM
Posted by: Ellis
JV would have made the corner, but if Michael was smart enough he could have let JV shoot through and retake the position

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 01, 2004 04:18PM
Posted by: Muks_C
What do you guys think would have happened if JV got through with no contact? Would MS have been able to keep Frentzen back, or would he have got past too? MS had a 1 point lead going to Jerez, so if JV finished 3rd or lower, with MS in the next position, who would have won the title (on equal points)? But if JV had won, and MS 2nd, JV would have won by 3 points (I think).

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 01, 2004 05:01PM
Posted by: theShadow
JV was catching Michael at a pretty quick rate, and the race had quite a few laps left - he couldn't have kept him back for the rest of the race. I don't know about the math, just that Michael did - well enough to be desperate, like in Adelaide '94.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy