schumi breaks imola lap record

Posted by ayazyounis 
Re: schumi breaks imola lap record
Date: February 26, 2004 11:42AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
say the time MS set was during a 98 lap run

lololol , you really think so ? not even cheating , that´s impossible !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Date: February 26, 2004 11:57AM
Posted by: dolinseks
Imola circuit is very hard on the engine and engine needs a lot of fuel. Around 4 liters per lap in imola. So, does Ferrari have 400l fuel tank? I don`t think so. ;)

Date: February 26, 2004 12:27PM
precisely lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Date: February 26, 2004 01:11PM
Posted by: marcl
I know thats what i am saying, there are so many stories about when these lap records are set.

At least BAR were honest when they said they done theirs on low fuel.

Going by the test mclaren, wiliiams and ferrari are all on about the same pace.

Its gonna be who can make their cars last the distance, expect mclaren though to change their engines before the start of the GP, i think they will go for pole to make sure they start 10th and 11th but with new engines. This is just my thoughts not fact but its probably the only way they will get to the end and its a risk worth taking.
Date: February 26, 2004 01:58PM
Posted by: dolinseks
yes, but in melbourne starting position is not very important. look at last year, kimi started from the back, but he would still won, if there were no drive through penalty, dc started from 11 and won.

in 2002 kimi started from the back after first corner and still manage to climb to the second place, but lost it 2s later. :)

also i think that safety car will be on track more than once, because it`s always in australia. :)

Date: February 27, 2004 02:06PM
Last year though kimi started from the back on a full fuel tank, the others did not.

The rain also helped him and if i am right there was a safety car.
Date: February 27, 2004 02:26PM
still was the fastest on track

Date: February 27, 2004 03:09PM
I really thought kimi should have won in Australia even with the drive through and then going off the track he finished 3rd not far behind DC and did not back down to MS
Date: February 28, 2004 01:01AM
Posted by: heathy
this year qualifying position will be much more important, especially for renault, because they dont have launch control anymore. renault probably made about 30 championship points last year just through there starts. williams traditionally run quite a lot of fuel in testing so this years testing pace for williams is very impressive to me, especially compared to this time last year. you can not predict a winner for melbourne as the track conditions can vary so much there and the track is very slippery. i think if teams try to make there engine last, and dont do much practise on friday then there will be a few spinners in qualifying. i think there will be a pile up at the first corner in melbourne.
Date: February 28, 2004 09:06AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
pile up pile up! :)

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy