Ecclestone aquires rights to operate Istanbul racetrack?

Posted by tripleM 
Now i haven't (yet) seen any articles in english that confirm the story, but it appears that the contract runs up to 2021, financial details are undisclosed, Ecclestone's company will be responsible for maintenance.

edit:[www.grandprix.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2007 04:27PM by tripleM.
Hmmm I doubt a huge amount will change on the F1 side of things - but what about the MotoGP? Sure would be a shame to lose Istanbul on the GP calander.
Hmm I guess this is good news, I mean for the fans... ??

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
probably even better news for sponsors...

i don't think us as fans will notice a whole lot of difference tbh
It's been confirmed by Brazillian press. And MotoGP won't be losing the GP, as Ecclestone bought the circuit exactly because he didn't want the F1 or MotoGP races to leave the calendar.
moto gp better not leave its a great race today :-D

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Too right, just watched it myself and it made the last F1 race seem so dull in comparison!
Lol motoGP will always have better racing than F1, the physics of bike racing make sure lol

Well the phsyics is just one aspect but of course F1 can never compete with MotoGP in terms of on track action, sadly.
Is it possible it could be something to do with the width? I mean, there will fit about 8 bikes side by side on a track (not driving of course), that isn't possible in any way with F1 cars. So if we'd make the tracks 50 m wide.... ;)
Lol ! I guess the width means there could be more lines into corners (well I think :S). But one of the main reasons is most motogp bikes reach there top end before an F1 car will, so slipstreaming is so much easier.

And I guess in motogp the driver will have more influence in the performance of the bike, than an f1 driver with his car, because a motogp bike is abit more simpler.

Its like karting, karting is the most pure form of motor-racing. the driver is everything in karting lol.

yeah the way they shift their weight and position themselves on the bike plays a large part of the whole performance.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
the driver is everything in karting

There is no such thing. The machinery is always the limiting factor. Even in karts, better equipment will prevail in most cases.

ON TOPIC:

I can see why Istanbul Motorsport Park (or whatever its called) is struggling, watched the MotoGP today and the grandstands were all bloody empty!

Yeah probably something to do with poor marketing. I'm sure bernie knows a thing or two about solving that problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy