KIMI WANTS MORE GRUNT

Posted by LS. 
Re: KIMI WANTS MORE GRUNT
Date: February 26, 2004 11:05AM
Posted by: dolinseks
"...by giving Mario ..." Mario Ilien wasn`t at BMW. He was in Ilmor company since the beginning, with Paul Morgan. The name of Ilmor also comes from their surnames. (Il)ien, (Mor)gan. (Ilmor).

Date: February 26, 2004 11:10AM
Posted by: marcl
The engine has been the week part of the car really since 2000.
Date: February 26, 2004 11:16AM
Posted by: Zcott
Paul Morgan died and then Mercedes took a more controlling stance with the engine by giving Mario a boss (the guy they poached from BMW

Mario Ilien wasn`t at BMW. He was in Ilmor company since the beginning, with Paul Morgan.

Mario wasn't at BMW, but he now has a boss, or co-partner, I'm not sure how it works. And it is Werner Laurenz from BMW, I think! Renyf1 was just as correct as you, dolinseks, I think you just misunderstood.

Date: February 26, 2004 10:26PM
Posted by: renyf1
yeah i know the all about Illmor :-) sorry for the misunderstanding

its that after Paul died and Mario couldn't handle both jobs, engine design and all the admin stuff Merceded decided to take it more under their wing and installed Luarenz to kind of head the engine side and let Mario do what he does best and thats design engines

whatever the case it just hasn't been the same since i think 2000

with McLaren's new tech center nearing completion....not sure if the engine side of things will be done there or @ Illmor's current place
Date: February 27, 2004 05:26AM
Posted by: watercolours
because of those crap engines noone gives credits to its aeropackage. it was not the engine, but the aeropackage that made kimi played to the championship. and i believe mp4-19 has a great aeropackage but because of this crap engine it could be considered as one of the worst cars.

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: February 27, 2004 05:58AM
Posted by: chrislewis
Id hardly call the 3rd best engine on the grid "crap".

Date: February 27, 2004 06:19AM
Posted by: Will Parish
I dont think that Kimi need more grunt I think he will win anyay!!;)

Date: February 27, 2004 09:06AM
well having Newey on the team will always mean u'll have a great aero package :-)
Date: February 27, 2004 10:21AM
Posted by: Muks_C
if he wants more grunt he just has to talk.....

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: February 27, 2004 11:30AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
but i find it refreshing to hear Kimi say whats on his mind about about the car and its not being censored

perhaps he is ... or perhaps it is bad "marketing" , to give hopes to their rivalls :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Date: February 27, 2004 12:23PM
let's hope so.....its been awhile for McLaren hasn't it :-)
Date: February 27, 2004 12:33PM
Posted by: dolinseks
"Id hardly call the 3rd best engine on the grid "crap"."

I don`t think that Mercedes engine is 3 of the best. More likely 6 or 7.

Date: February 27, 2004 02:01PM
Posted by: marcl
So far in testing even though we dont really know the order looks like.

1st BMW
2nd Ferrari
3rd Totota (so they say)
4th Renualt
5th Ford (in the Jag)
6th Merc

That is from the speed traps in spain
Date: February 28, 2004 06:27AM
Posted by: chrislewis
I don`t think that Mercedes engine is 3 of the best. More likely 6 or 7.

If thats the case, McLaren are in big trouble. Going by history though you would have to say the Merc engine wont be too bad at least in power.

Date: February 28, 2004 06:52AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
1st BMW
2nd Ferrari
3rd Totota (so they say)
4th Renualt
5th Ford (in the Jag)
6th Merc

means nothing ... Mclaren had more wing for sure , at melbourne they weren´t so "slow"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Date: February 28, 2004 09:00AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
kimi mite be lying :)

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy