Channel 10 *anger*

Posted by SpaceAce 
Re: Channel 10 *anger*
Date: April 08, 2007 08:09PM
Posted by: mikef1
"Speaking of Alesi, he was absolutely immense in the late 80's and 1990 - just stunning. I'd go as far as saying he was more impressive in F1 than Senna was in his first 2 years. How he only won 1 race I still can't quite fathom, despite his poor contractual decisions. Easy to see why he's my favourite F1 driver"

People forget just how good the Tyrell of 1989/90 was, it was a great little car, underpowered for sure but it had a great chassis and it suited Jean Alesi's flamboyant style of driving. Senna by contrast won two races in his second year and could have made it five if it wasn't for reliability issues.
Saying that Alesi was very talented and should have achieved far more than his one win, he went to Ferrari at the wrong time, if only he signed for Williams....

"The 70's eclipsed the 80's - extremely limited aero development, endless top drivers, raw non-turbo V8s all round, MASSIVE fat slicks, still great circuits and the biggest slides in the biggest series... Villeneuve."

I cannot recall a driver who was more exciting to watch, who would drive without fear even if the car was falling to pieces or who was able to take an ill handling car and make it go faster than it had any right to (other than Senna).

"Yeah, I'm stuck in the past, but there's a reason for it. It was better."

Too right! :)
Date: April 08, 2007 08:19PM
Posted by: Red Sam
can we stick some spoilers on this if we are going to start discussing the race, or parts of it?

Cheers! :)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: April 08, 2007 08:20PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Red Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> can we stick some spoilers on this if we are going
> to start discussing the race, or parts of it?
>
> Cheers! :)

We should shouldn't we. I was going to expand on someone's post then realised this wasn't the spoiler thread and had no spoiler warning so I tried to keep it vague. ;-)
Date: April 08, 2007 08:40PM
Posted by: gav
Yeah sorry Sam. I've included a spoiler on my post where necessary.
Date: April 09, 2007 12:59AM
Posted by: torana_05
im goin to vent my anger on ch 10 how bad was the first bit of qual 10min to go in thge session "ok we'll take a break" they come back with 2 min left how fukin anoying was that, they says there goin to make there f1 performance better in 2007 but all they have done is added a delayed qualifying telecast please ch 10 try and put the races on live, cause @#$%& me drunk how many ppl watch, who wants to be the next pussy cat doll? i honstley ask u

Date: April 09, 2007 04:05AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
their coverage was pretty poor all weekend really

however, its good that they at least showed qualifying (8 hours late ;))

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 09, 2007 08:26AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
u dont even know why you guys whinge about it tbh i mean its been the way it is for.... 15 years that i can remember.

Date: April 09, 2007 10:39AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
NeilPearson Wrote:

> when have they shown the race live? they dont
> even show suzuka live anymore iirc.
>
> so i dont understand where this dissapointment is
> coming from.
>
> its like me going, i am dissapointed this site
> hasnt elected me governer of the universe again.

They did in 2003 when they first won the contract. They even rushed through their Bathurst presentation so they could cut to the grid formation at Suzuka one year.

I don't mind the delayed telecast usually. I like sitting up at night and watching the race while the rest of the house has gone to sleep. But to show the race a good five hours after it begun is a bit slack. I spent most of Sunday avoiding the TV, internet, etc in case I accidently heard the result. Not much fun really.

Date: April 09, 2007 10:41AM
torana_05 Wrote:
cause @#$%& me drunk how many ppl watch, who
> wants to be the next pussy cat doll? i honstley
> ask u

Unfortunately its quite alot. The mind dump that is Big Brother is coming soon and that'll be even more painful..

Date: April 09, 2007 05:25PM
Posted by: dkpioe
why anger at chanel 10? first time in australia, they are now showing qualifying session on sat.
Date: April 10, 2007 10:13AM
Posted by: chrislewis
I'm happy they have the qualifying but still the race could have been live.

Date: April 10, 2007 10:31AM
Another thing, Ch10 used to show the races in their entirety by pausing the telecast, throwing in an ad break, then returning to the action where we left off. It was one of the benefits of a delayed telecast. Not anymore. I suppose we just have to accept that F1 in Australia is a niche sport and will be treated as such by Ch10.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy