> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe a return to the Bugatti circuit
> > at Le Mans should happen
>
>
> There could be a 24 Heures du Mans race for
> Formula 1. ;)

Lol, you mean Le Mans or F1, because if formula 1 cars would drive 24 hours they would neen as much petrol as for the whole F1 season and tyres as well... ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: French GP Suspended for 2008
Date: March 29, 2007 08:30PM
Posted by: chet
Would be immense.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 29, 2007 09:01PM
Posted by: Advong
I'd love to see them racing round the Le Mans track. Like most I'm not a big fan of Magny Cours, but I'd rather France have a grand prix than another country get a second one.
Date: March 29, 2007 09:01PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
turkey_machine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I always wondered why an F1 Le Mans race never
> happened....

Yikes...they already have to refuel at least once in a 1 hour race. So if you make that one refuel per half hour, you'd have to refuel the cars a total of 47 times. Bit of an overkill IMO.
Date: March 29, 2007 09:35PM
Posted by: Fincent
From ITV-F1:
Two projects are currently being studied, one at Disneyland Paris and the other near the Charles de Gaulle airport north of the capital.

The French GP is a staple of the world championship calendar; if it does not go ahead in 2008, it will be the first year that it has been absent since 1955.
_______

Lmao! Bring on disneyland!

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: March 29, 2007 09:36PM
LOL
IMAGINE !

Date: March 29, 2007 10:46PM
Posted by: danm
''...and here to present the Disneyland Paris French Grand Prix in Association with McDonalds.....itssssss Mickey M-m-m-mouse!.....''

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 29, 2007 10:48PM
Posted by: danm
Dijon had beautiful elevations.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 29, 2007 11:04PM
Posted by: Ashers
Disneyland paris?

HONK!
Date: March 30, 2007 12:51AM
Posted by: Rubidius
I'd have thought Paul Ricard would be the obvious choice for a replacement, given that Bernie Ecclestone owns it.
Date: March 30, 2007 02:41AM
no grandstands ??

Date: March 30, 2007 05:55AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Paul Ricard doesn't have Grandstands there, so unless they are willing to build the race infrastructure, I doubt a GP will happen there.
Date: March 30, 2007 08:04AM
Posted by: super__alonso
I think that Magny Cours should have been taken off the calendar years ago. It is the hardest circuit on the F1 calendar to overtake (I have not seen a decent outbraking move into the Adelaide hairpin since 2002).

As for another venue, I think that they should not go to France because there is no French Driver and the crowds are small. I think they should go to another Eastern Country (Poland for example).
Date: March 30, 2007 08:19AM
Posted by: torana_05
ohh well theyll have to go back to clermont ferrand, rouen or reims. one of the three would be fine for me

Date: March 30, 2007 09:16AM
Posted by: Brianf666
I doubt Paul Ricard will be acceptable. FIA couldn't possibly approve such a conflict of interests. (like hell!)
All this talk of a Paris street race is hot air. Paris is far worse than London for staging such an event. Disneyland? Close EuroDisney for a week? Not a chance unless the proposal is for a circuit close to the existing site. Then Tilke would earn his money getting it designed, let alone built in a year. PR is close to Marseilles and the riviera/Monaco area so almost a home race for a lot of drivers. It's also close enough to the Spanish border to attract a lot of Alonso fans. The big problem would be getting the owner to cough up the huge fee that's asked by FOM.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: March 30, 2007 12:31PM
Posted by: james84
Well, I would like the GP to take place at the Paul Ricard (as well as I would like to see new tracks in other countries). At least we'll have something different from the usual circuits (apart from those untouchables circuits such as Monaco, Monza and Silverstone), won't we?
Date: March 31, 2007 04:11AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
rouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeen

H E L L O
Date: March 31, 2007 11:42AM
Posted by: mikef1
There's nothing left of the old Rouen circuit other than public roads now, sadly.
Date: March 31, 2007 04:14PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i suppose you could say Rouen is now in ruin...

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy