I hope this is a joke (stability control wtf?!!)

Posted by chet 
I hope this is a joke (stability control wtf?!!)
Date: March 17, 2007 07:18PM
Posted by: chet
[news.bbc.co.uk]

Is this for real!

Seriously if F1 did this, we could no longer call it a sport where the best come to play.

If this is the way we are heading F1 is in for some @#$%&!

btw, nice first picture ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
I read this earlier... I haven't read it in detail, but I think that it's true, but it'll be another one of the FIAs 'ideas' that will go down the drain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Re: I hope this is a joke (stability control wtf?!!)
Date: March 17, 2007 07:35PM
Posted by: FRESCO
If this is true, why in the hell do they bother with their FIA surveys.

Its like sticking two fingers up in F1 fans faces.

We already have too many driver aids which should be banned.

Date: March 17, 2007 07:42PM
Posted by: IWE
Burn those witches called designers and engineers and ban whole modern technology.. ;)

*Already waits cloned monkeys to race in 99% automaticly driving F1 "car"*

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2007 07:45PM by IWE.
Date: March 17, 2007 07:59PM
Posted by: Muks_C
it's probably one of those "far out" ideas that the FIA know will be rejected, so they can introduce something less drastic. they always do that, propose some wacky things, which they know the teams won't accept, so they can get them to accept some other changes they have in mind.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Ofcourse there is stability control!!

Magic Senna
Date: March 17, 2007 08:10PM
Posted by: Lemming
They should also make the cars run on remote control, controlled by a computer in the pitlane. And use robots as pit crew.

Date: March 17, 2007 08:37PM
Posted by: gav
Welcome to the world of Tamiya. We've had front-engined, rear-engined, 16 cylinders, 8 cylinders, 1.5 litre turbos, the aero era, ground-effect and active suspension. This is the electronic era. And man I hope it (and Max*) dies.

* I'm not a morbid man, but what the hell is he trying to do with F1? It's been the same for a decade now. Bring back Balestre. Or hire Satan. Or Dave Ellis.
Date: March 17, 2007 08:43PM
Posted by: chet
Lol Satan :p!

watched the south park last night where Satan has a holloween party on earth, called hell on earth, and he wants a ferrari cake lol.

Anyway... Max is a nob. What were him and Bernie like at Brabham ?! Surley he knew then what made F1 great..

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 17, 2007 09:28PM
Posted by: gav
He did indeed. How to hire an over-rated ponce and build a car made entirely from lego.

I think I need to take my medication tonight ;)
Next up in their brilliant ideas... ban f1 cars and just have simulated races.

Wouldn't even surprise me...
if stability control comes into F1 then I shall stop watching the sport until its removed, unless Mosely is removed 1st....

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: March 18, 2007 02:49AM
Posted by: autogyro
Stability control does have a place in F1... It should consist of the driver exuding his skill by steering and throttle control, and that's how it should stay.

Imagine that, after years of having racing games "on rails", now we get it in real life..
aye thats true, but I fear its not the way itl be :( I just dont get how they can even consider this option, it makes no sense at all for the fans!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: March 18, 2007 11:53AM
Posted by: senninho
Note how the store doesn't contain any quotes from Mosley where he actually mentions SC? Looks like a bit of tabloid sensationalism from the Beeb :(

Date: March 18, 2007 12:50PM
Posted by: NickKK
In the whole article Mosley never even talks about SC, this is just another pathetic story from the press in order to stir up some mumbling and grumbling at the FIA because they have nothing better to do...

Date: March 20, 2007 11:23PM
Posted by: Ashers
Its turning into GP4 now..all these dam driver aids..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy