Melbourne Australia F1 Grand Prix **SPOILERS**

Posted by dada 
Re: Melbourne Australia F1 Grand Prix **SPOILERS**
Date: March 13, 2007 01:41AM
Posted by: Senna
some acts of raikkonen really makes me remember of james hunt, heh. like the 2006 monaco retirement.

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
I think that it will be a very close race with a lot of overtaking with either Kimi or Mark Webber (I want to hear the aussie anthem) winning.
Date: March 13, 2007 02:01PM
Posted by: chet
For this race, for Honda to score, iam counting on JB's and Rubens experience,consistancy and good race pace.

imo JB was up there with MS in terms of general race knowledge on how things will fold out etc, and being able to keep in the clear and not get involved in accidents.

For Honda to score at Melbourne, the team will need to operate how they did in the last few races of 06. BMW have a lack of knowledge of running at the front (as a team), and if Honda, well JB and RB can take advantage and use their brains, then Honda should score.

However if they settle that they're not as quite atm as the others, and meerly settle into 'their' race then they will get nowhere.

Its something I felt BAR did throughout 2003-4.

Also iam relying on JB's and RB's good qualifying pace. Both of which they are good at, more so JB. And and I believe the track will suit their style.

Sooo... All in all, Honda can score, with both their cars. RB will have picked up the pace over winter, and im sure this season will be able to support JB.

Get into top 10 in Quali, 9th and 10th would do, and they can do it. Im sure i was reading they havent been using the rear tyres as much as they could... and traction is very important at melbourne, maybe they can 1-stop.

Anyway iam talking @#$%&.
im just very bored, waiting for lecture, and hope hope hope hoping Honda do well.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
As long as Kimi or BMW wins the race, I'll be happy :)
Date: March 13, 2007 06:32PM
Posted by: Senna
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As long as Kimi or BMW wins the race, I'll be
> happy :)

It wont happen :)

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: March 13, 2007 06:43PM
Posted by: Nickv
I think Massa will win this one.
Date: March 13, 2007 07:37PM
Posted by: Hologide
Alonso... no doubt about it - Alonso will win
Date: March 13, 2007 07:59PM
Nickv Wrote:
> I think Massa will win this one.

Yup, and id say half of the paddock would agree.

Date: March 13, 2007 08:08PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I don't think Massa has a chance against Kimi but we will see who is right and who is not ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2007 08:08PM by vesuvius.
Date: March 13, 2007 08:14PM
We will.

So you reckon Kimi will dominate Massa? I mean not have a chance means dominate doesnt it :P

Date: March 13, 2007 08:45PM
Posted by: Hologide
I reckon Kimi will obliterate Massa in quali, but Massa will drive the wheels off of Raikkonen in the race.

But we shall see!
Can I chuck BMW and Williams into the mix? They'll have a shot at pole position and a shout for the podiums I reckon.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Hologide Wrote:
> I reckon Kimi will obliterate Massa in quali, but
> Massa will drive the wheels off of Raikkonen in
> the race.
>
> But we shall see!

From what I watched of F1 so far, Kimi is a much better racer than Massa is. Forget Brazil 2006...that race doesn't count cause Massa simply the had the best car on the grid that was about 1 second a lap faster than everyone else.
Date: March 13, 2007 11:09PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Massa to win....Red Bull to finish on the podium in a big shocker....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: March 13, 2007 11:16PM
Posted by: Sapo
I really don't have a clue about who's going to win, or even drive in the points (with lots of teams performing well during tests), and i like that :D

Because i follow f1 intensively only since 2001, i am always used of predictability (only 2003 and 2005 were quite exceptions), and therefore ferrari/MS winning, and sometimes a more or less title contender.

This really is the first season i am absolutely thinking everyone, from mclaren to bmw, from renault to honda could win the overture. There's not a very best car (may be the ferrari a bit) and not a very best driver.

So my predictions: Ferrari will qualify both cars in the top twenty, fisico is going to crash in the pits, Alonso will be somewhere in front of Sutil at the grid, and Sato might not be on pole.

JB might complete about 10 race laps. Otherwise his car will cause to much polution to the Australian air (And don;t forget his little oil-environmental disaster from last year in front of the finish, lot's of little beasties must have died due to that).

Not that he is going to finish anyway.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2007 11:22PM by Sapo.
LOL on the JB part :D
Date: March 14, 2007 12:26AM
Lol if anything about that Honda is proven its reliabilty compared to the others, and potential, ie, shown by its improvement..

btw, odds for lewis winning silverstone are 10/1 ;-) Thats not bad, at all.

Date: March 14, 2007 12:38AM
Posted by: Lex
There's a 50% chance of any driver winning any race. ;)

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2007 12:38AM by Lex.
Date: March 14, 2007 12:59AM
Posted by: keiran
Massa, Raikkonen and Alonso are the three I feel are most likely to be challenging the front end of the pack. Maybe Renault if Fisi doesn't do his usual Sunday cruise, although I do excpect he'll get an ass whooping from Hekki.

Two dark horses for me are Hamilton and Kovalinen, can't wait to see how these two get on in there first GPs.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Lauda's predicitions:
[www.formula1.com]

Interesting read IMO. A lot checks up with what I think.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy