last schumacher laps

Posted by rapid_f1 
Re: last schumacher laps
Date: February 04, 2007 01:55PM
Posted by: tripleM
"Besides, I expect Formula 1 to be much better without cheating/controversies"

Did i get it right that the cheating/controversies in F1 ended the moment Schumacher croseed the finish line in Brazil?

Date: February 06, 2007 02:23PM
Posted by: laurent
Thats a very funny statement anyway :-)

Since when is it the driver that cheated? IMO it were the teams of engineers that tried to 'cheat'!

Are Jenson Button and Takuma Sato cheaters because BAR Honda made an illegal fuel tank? I even think nobody even had the idea to call them cheaters....

I even think Monaco were orders from the team. How can Schumacher know Alonso is behind him, and that he's driving a good time?

Jerez is a different situation, there it was his mistake, and making mistakes is part of being a human. I was never a fan of Schumacher but I don't see any reason to call him a cheater....
Date: February 06, 2007 02:28PM
Posted by: chet
I see this thread turning ;)

But seriously, Jerez a mistake? Some mistake ;-)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 06, 2007 02:47PM
Posted by: mikef1
"I even think Monaco were orders from the team. How can Schumacher know Alonso is behind him, and that he's driving a good time?

Jerez is a different situation, there it was his mistake, and making mistakes is part of being a human. I was never a fan of Schumacher but I don't see any reason to call him a cheater...."

You have got to be joking, oh wait, you're not.
Date: February 06, 2007 03:20PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
Of course you can bring up some bad things about Schumacher... but compare it to the good things and you will not think about the bad things anymore. Besides... just like Senna didn't do anything wrong, suzuka *hint* prost *hint*.
You can't judge someone on the bad things he has done if you don't look at the good things he also did :)

Watching this clip was a special moment... since I follow F1 there was always Schumi and from race 1 I watched I became a fan of him, then after all those years he suddenly dissapears from the driver list

The way I see Michael Schumacher is as one of the greatest drivers alive, Of course you can compare him to Senna and say he is not as good as him, but you actually can't because Schumacher started later and when Senna died on the horrible black imola weekend Schumacher wasn't good enough yet with enough experience
Michael Schumacher was just like Senna a class apart, they just deserve it to get respect no matter what, even if they did some bad actions. Fernando Alonso is young... and he has beaten Schumacher twice now you could say, but I don't see him getting 7 titles yet.

And maybe a new age comes now with Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen as we have seen before with Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost and maybe the much more known battle between: Mika Hakkinen and Michael Schumacher.

Well this was it from me ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: February 06, 2007 03:31PM
"The way I see Michael Schumacher is as one of the greatest drivers alive, Of course you can compare him to Senna and say he is not as good as him, but you actually can't because Schumacher started later and when Senna died on the horrible black imola weekend Schumacher wasn't good enough yet with enough experience"

Schumacher had enough experience by then, he started F1 racing in the latter part of 1991 which is enough time to gain experience by 1994. Senna was winning by beating the top drivers in his second year of racing fair and square. Schumacher's win at Spa 1992 in his first full year of F1 was also brilliant.
Date: February 06, 2007 04:55PM
Posted by: laurent
@MikeF1: Of course it was a mistake. He decided to make the move in maybe 1 little second. You don't get any time to think and rethink what you will reach when doing this move.... I'm sure you also ever had a few situations in your life where you needed to take a quick decision, and I'm sure that all those situations didn't end like you wanted to...:-)

For me Schumacher made only a few little mistakes during WHOLE his carreer. Thats less than what Sato did in his first 2 years in F1! ;-)

Anyway, it was great to see this video. But I'm 90% sure he will ever drive in F1 again as test driver for Ferrari!
Date: February 06, 2007 05:47PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
from what i read senna was abit of a bully too off the track. read somewhere that two ppl stood up to him, prost and mansell.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: February 06, 2007 06:00PM
Posted by: IWE
Yeap. He (senna) didnt respect other drivers and not contracts beetween him and others

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: February 06, 2007 06:18PM
Posted by: Muks_C
laurent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thats a very funny statement anyway :-)
>
> Since when is it the driver that cheated? IMO it
> were the teams of engineers that tried to
> 'cheat'!
>
> Are Jenson Button and Takuma Sato cheaters because
> BAR Honda made an illegal fuel tank? I even think
> nobody even had the idea to call them
> cheaters....

I call them cheaters :) they are part of the team, so surely they know about what's going on in the car. do you think either driver didn't notice they were running light at certain points of the races? do you think they didn't question why they were able to run certain strategies that previously they wouldn't have been able to?

> I even think Monaco were orders from the team. How
> can Schumacher know Alonso is behind him, and that
> he's driving a good time?

the drivers always know who is in front of them or behind them, they have such things called "radios".

the drivers also have the time on their steering wheel, so they can see if they have improved on their time or not, just like in GP4. they get the split times live.

> Jerez is a different situation, there it was his
> mistake, and making mistakes is part of being a
> human. I was never a fan of Schumacher but I don't
> see any reason to call him a cheater....

i agree with you here, it was a split-second decision, an instinct, a reflex, a heat-of-the-moment decision.

but lets not turn this into another MS-bashing thread, if anyone does want to bash him, then do it in here: [www.grandprixgames.org]

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2007 06:18PM by Muks_C.
Date: February 06, 2007 10:21PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
rapid_f1 Wrote:
> from what i read senna was abit of a bully too off
> the track. read somewhere that two ppl stood up to
> him, prost and mansell.

I would strongly recommend you add Irvine to that list.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: February 06, 2007 10:39PM
"Yeap. He (senna) didnt respect other drivers and not contracts beetween him and others"

No that's not true.

"from what i read senna was abit of a bully too off the track. read somewhere that two ppl stood up to him, prost and mansell"

Give me an example of where he was a bully off track.
Oh and Irvine was always a complete wind up, he frequently pissed off, not to mention took off, various drivers in his career. Loads of other drivers would have loved to have done what Senna did to him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2007 10:56PM by mikef1.
Date: February 07, 2007 01:04AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
[www.atlasf1.com]

If Montoya's remark - reportedly blaming Villeneuve for the death of the marshal in Australia - caused insult to Villeneuve, it is nothing compared to the longer-term consequences against the Colombian. Racing deaths are an understandably emotional issue among the drivers. Ayrton Senna, for all his egocentric bullying tactics on and off the track, would never have stooped to using a marshal's death against another driver. If Montoya had made the remark to Villeneuve in private, it would have been tasteless. Doing so in the presence of the other drivers was just plain foolish.

also before the race in japan prsot warned he would notbe bullied by senna if he tried anything.

somewhere i read that senna was abit angry with mansell and went upto him and gesticulated and mansell was very stern and basically stood up to him and said something like im not going to be intimidated by this etc.,

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: February 07, 2007 01:50AM
Posted by: LS.
Mansell at one point had Senna pinned up against a wall by his throat ;-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 07, 2007 07:20AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Luckily other drivers rescued Senna just in time before Mansell put some ketchup and salt as he prepared himself for a "Brazilian" meal ;)
Date: February 07, 2007 11:01AM
"also before the race in japan prsot warned he would notbe bullied by senna if he tried anything."

He actually said that if Senna tried to overtake him he would shut the door.

"somewhere i read that senna was abit angry with mansell and went upto him and gesticulated and mansell was very stern and basically stood up to him and said something like im not going to be intimidated by this etc.,"

That was at Spa in 1987, Mansell tried to overtake Senna on the restart in a corner that Senna had the line, Mansell collided with Senna and took them both off. Mansell was livid and went to the Lotus pits. Senna tried to explain that he had the line but Mansell went into overdrive, pinned Senna by the throat against the wall in the garage and had to be separated by the Lotus mechanics, Senna meanwhile was calm and did not retaliate.
Date: February 09, 2007 01:36AM
Posted by: Lex
rapid_f1 schrieb:
>

Ffs, Schumacher's last laps were at Interlagos. ;)

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: February 09, 2007 08:53AM
Posted by: Ferrari_Enzo
Lex schreef:
> rapid_f1 schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >

>
>
> Ffs, Schumacher's last laps were at Interlagos. ;)

Last GP laps yes, his last laps no: Ferrari World Finals
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy