Raikkonen to Ferrari?

Posted by Red Sam 
Re: Raikkonen to Ferrari?
Date: January 25, 2004 06:00PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Its not hating them for the way they win, its hating them for the way in which they do it.

When McLaren or Williams win its because there has been effort put in by all team members for the team - with both drivers having a chance to do well.

At Ferrari they manipulate their potential to aim all around one person. A driver, even if it is Schuey, shouldnt have so much attention placed upon them.

The position in which Schumacher has always been within a team, I personally think that 1994 is the only championship he won off his own back (disregarding other issues that are v. off topic for this thread!). 95, 2000-2003 were all aided in no small part by being allowed to run the team.

As such, this lowers the standard of the championships because even if he had the best car, and is the best driver, Michael Schumacher has never won off of his own back.

And thats why people hate Ferrari.

I personally am a huge Rubens fan, and I hope he beats Schuey - i kinda hoped he'd go to Williams tho, then he'd be treated fairly!

SO, to conclude, i think that there is no way that Kimi would go to Ferrari, especially if Schu is still there.

One other thought - people have said that Ferrari would be crap without Todt, Brawn etc. but if they left I would love that, because even if the team took a downturn in form for a while, at least it would be ENZOs team once again.

Red Sam

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: January 25, 2004 10:40PM
Posted by: renyf1
i agree Red Sam i don't hate Ferrari just Todt & Luca

even if Newy says he won't design after 2004 i'm sure will convince him to design past 2004, ron has a way....plus when newy said that i think he was just tired of designing cars and wanted a break....if MB can find the power I think he'd be more than happy to design forever (or atleast I hope being a mclaren fan)

ren
Date: January 26, 2004 02:07AM
Posted by: Ellis

In the end it'll be all down to money. Who pays most gets the driver.

Thats not the case because in 2001 Kimi tunred down Ferrari because he didnt want to play lap dog. If ferrari dont offer him an equal contract i dont think he'll go

And havent ferrari been doing this before? "oh we'll get kimi" and all the rest of it, and out of nowhere McLaren wander him and have him? How about the same this time, but Williams wander in?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 26, 2004 03:37AM
Posted by: marcl
I am a mclaren fan i never wanted to see them win in 2000.

Its not the winning i dont like its the way they go about it.

Ferrari has screwed all the other teams on bridgestone tyres but now funny enough they need them and are willing to pay to have sauber test them.

I think ferrari are saying this stuff about kimi to try and put him off they always try and play mind games
Date: January 26, 2004 04:23AM
Posted by: watercolours
yes, bridgestone has turned his back to mclaren to concentrate on ferrari and guarantee the championship. and now ferrari is all that they had. it's ironic.

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: January 26, 2004 05:50AM
Posted by: sasjag
doubtful Kimi would go, doubtful Ron would let him go tbh, likes already been sed Kimi and McLaren fit perfectly, they project the same image

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: January 26, 2004 06:07AM
in 1998 mclaren took a big risk going to bridgestone they were the only top team on them and it worked out ok for them.

Bridgestone forgot this and just let them down.
Date: January 26, 2004 06:44AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Pooh Pooh, I can't wait till Kimi goes to Ferrari in 2005 and wins drivers title no.6 in a row for the Reds and constructors title no.7!!

Then you'll really have something to gripe about!
Date: January 26, 2004 12:29PM
Posted by: The Lopper
"cha bhi fhios aire math an tobar gus traigh e."

Go h-iontach ar bhfad a Vader... ach níl mé lán cinnte cad is brí leis!
Inis dom.....

Date: January 26, 2004 01:59PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Thats not the case because in 2001 Kimi tunred down Ferrari because he didnt want to play lap dog

That's what he might have said, anyway. None of the top drivers are keen on partnering another top driver - the only thing that might persuade them, however (as Vader said), much as we might dislike it, is pay. It's my personal opinion that JPM would not have gone to McLaren with Raikkonen had the $$$ not added up to significantly more than at Williams. You may say that's obvious and logical... in which case, I disagree ;)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: January 26, 2004 02:28PM
Posted by: The Lopper
It's my personal opinion that
JPM would not have gone to McLaren with Raikkonen had the $$$
not added up to significantly more than at Williams. You
may say that's obvious and logical... in which case, I disagree

Sorry i'm a tad slow but why would you disagree with someone agreeing with your point?

Date: January 26, 2004 03:22PM
Posted by: Big_F1_Fan
hes lost me an all

i dnt think all drivers choose teams based on how much money they get paid. i bet Webber could have got a lot more money somewhere else than Jag for example. buttons on a fairly small salary with BAR an all i think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: January 26, 2004 03:27PM
It's my personal opinion that JPM would not have gone to McLaren with Raikkonen had the $$$ not added up to significantly more than at Williams. You may say that's obvious and logical... in which case, I disagree

If he gets equal treatment at both, then isnt it obvious that money is the deciding factor? Possibly after how good his chance at the title is.

I do think with some drivers that the chance to win is more important than getting even more cash, they get paid enough as it is. Clearly not with some, but i would certainly think so with others

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 29, 2004 05:18PM
Posted by: Ferrari is the best!!!
I think he should. Since Ferrari is and almost always has been better than McLaren. If only they would switch to Michelin. It's a big mistake not to.

Post Edited (01-30-04 00:19)

Check out my website!
[www.freewebs.com]
Date: January 29, 2004 06:00PM
I think he should. Since Ferrari is and almost always has been better than McLaren.

Like in the 80s?

Date: January 29, 2004 08:17PM
Posted by: vbc
hehehe :)

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: January 30, 2004 01:15AM
And early 90's.

Then williams were wining, then mclaren again and then ferrari finally got a championship in 2000.

Post Edited (01-30-04 08:40)

Date: January 30, 2004 02:47AM
Posted by: watercolours
ferrari's domination began in 1999-2000 and it is about to end in 1 or 2 year time.

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: January 30, 2004 03:17AM
2004 i do not think they will win the championship.
Date: January 30, 2004 04:06AM
Posted by: Sn0wm4n
They won't win in 2004, Michelin will win for sure, with McLaren or Williams! It's impossible for Bridgestone to keep up with Michelin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy