Raikkonen to Ferrari?

Posted by Red Sam 
Raikkonen to Ferrari?
Date: January 25, 2004 09:10AM
Posted by: Red Sam
From BBC Sport:

Ferrari have hinted that they could try to poach Kimi Raikkonen from McLaren.
Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo said: "He has a five-year contract with McLaren but we must think of the future and make long-term plans."

The Italian added that Raikkonen was the biggest threat to Ferrari and Michael Schumacher extending their record-breaking run of title wins.

"He is very young but is the best driver behind Michael Schumacher and Barrichello [Ferrari's number two]."

Interesting!

I personally think that he wont go there while Schuey is there, but what do ppl think?

Would Kimi look good in the red overalls?

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Re: Raikkonen to Ferrari?
Date: January 25, 2004 09:30AM
Posted by: watercolours
i hate ferrari :)
i hope kimi won't leave mclaren. when kimi was signed for mclaren first, ferrari had told that they could not allow such an inexperienced person to take control of a compicated machine such as their cars. look what they are saying now.

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: January 25, 2004 09:34AM
Posted by: Palomino
kimi has matured alot since 2002, at sauber he made some errors taht every rookie makes, but in 2003 he showed that he knew what he was doing all the time.

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Date: January 25, 2004 09:50AM
Posted by: marcl
i dont think he will go there
Date: January 25, 2004 09:59AM
Posted by: dolinseks
he is not stupid to go there, because all key men at ferrari are going away, after ms retires.
Date: January 25, 2004 10:34AM
Posted by: Muks_C
maybe he could do a schumacher and take all the key guys from mclaren to ferrari, after ms and 'his' team retire? he could start a new 'ferrari era'.

would be interesting, but if he wins a title with mclaren before ms retires, then there is no need to go to ferrari.

if JPM wins 2004, then he and kimi fight in 2005, and Kimi wins, he may move. but i don't know.
Date: January 25, 2004 12:21PM
i think kimi is like mika a mclaren guy i would be supprised if JPM stays there for a long time i dont think he will fit in.

Also the mp4/19 will be the last newy car and ron is expected to step down in the next few years
Date: January 25, 2004 12:27PM
won't newey design new car for mclaren?

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: January 25, 2004 12:29PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Like marc1 said kimi is a mclaren driver through and through and i can't see him going any where. I don't think he'd fit in very well with Ferrari's image. He's just a bit understated.
JPM on the other hand would fit in perfectly there. To be honest i don't think he suits McLaren, he is a bit too flashy maybe.

Just thinking neither JPM or Kimi are great for sponsership work, or so I've read, what will McLaren do to schmooze with the sponsors when DC is gone....?

Date: January 25, 2004 12:51PM
I think he said he will only design up until 2004 then move onto other projects in mclaren.

JPM is great with sponcers kimi is meant to be as well but we just dont see it on tv.
Date: January 25, 2004 01:00PM
Posted by: dolinseks
"I think he said he will only design up until 2004 then move onto other projects in mclaren."

Yes, he said in 2001 after he wanted to go to Jaguar, that he will stay with McLaren and at McLaren, they told him that he will build speed boats, if he will want to, BUT NOT after 2004, but at 2002. Well he didn`t designed any boats so I suppose that he will stay with McLaren as a technical director in 2005 and beyond. :)
Date: January 25, 2004 01:11PM
Posted by: Big_F1_Fan
i really do hate Montezemolo, hes the sort of character you just want to smack. i dunno what gives me that urge, but it rubs off on the entire ferrari team and makes me hate them as well. he just seems such a spoilt snob, going to about 2 GPs a season and walking around the paddock like he owns F1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: January 25, 2004 01:53PM
Posted by: Vader
In the end it'll be all down to money. Who pays most gets the driver.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 25, 2004 02:04PM
Who, Raikkonen?

Date: January 25, 2004 02:28PM
i wanna smack todt as well can not stand him even when he was in sports cars he used team orders then as well
Date: January 25, 2004 02:33PM
if ferrari was a fair team, i think they would have added many to their fanlist.

Date: January 25, 2004 02:48PM
yep i know what u mean. When Berger and Alesi were there i liked them was happy to see berger doing well.

It was also good to see them try and win again, but then it all changed. I do not think Enzo would be happy he liked racing, yes he liked to win but he liked pure racers driving his cars and he aint got that now.
Date: January 25, 2004 02:56PM
Course when Berger and Alesi were driving everyone liked Ferrari cause they weren't winning all the time, sorta like Minardi now. Even back in 2000 everyone wanted to see Ferrari win, so they would beat McLaren. Now everyone hates them because they have won so much... kind of ironic really. But still they have brought a lot of it on themselves. The team orders have ruined Ferrari for me. Its just the Michael schumacher team. When Schumacher goes, hopefully there will be two equal drivers again.

Date: January 25, 2004 03:33PM
Posted by: Vader
Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trĂ igh e.

Now we know better.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 25, 2004 05:37PM
Posted by: Hova
I don't get why people would hate a team for winning.... isn't that one of the points of sport in general?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy