Re: Red Bull RB3
Date: January 27, 2007 11:36PM
Posted by: chet
No, they didn't.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 27, 2007 11:38PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Ferrari had the best engine ...with or without flexi wings ;-)
Date: January 28, 2007 12:19AM
Posted by: IWE
vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ferrari had the best engine ...with or without
> flexi wings ;-)

Best overall but not most powerfull.. ;-)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: January 28, 2007 12:23AM
Posted by: alless
lol, still talking about those winglets, look here
[www.adrivo.de]
[www.adrivo.de]
[www.adrivo.de]

they were not atached good so they toke them down later to
Date: January 28, 2007 08:03AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Luciano Burti is still friends with the Ferrari folks, and he said several times on Brazillian TV that the Ferrari 248 F1 was designed with the philosophy of minimum drag to ensure they got the best top speeds in straights. What made the extreme difference over here in Interlagos was obviously the Tyres though, I think.
Date: January 28, 2007 08:27AM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
But I wouldn't say Ferrari had the best engine, they had more trouble(example: Malaysia and Suzuka and Renault's only problem was Monza), so in my mind Renault had the best engine
Date: January 28, 2007 09:57AM
Posted by: SAMF1
Renault#1Fan Wrote:
> But I wouldn't say Ferrari had the best engine,
> they had more trouble(example: Malaysia and Suzuka
> and Renault's only problem was Monza), so in my
> mind Renault had the best engine

no, it dosen't happen that way. By overall performance in 2006 ferrari have a much better engine, and always have a better engine with a good reliability. When schumi have a engine faliure in sukuza is first time since 2001.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2007 09:58AM by SAMF1.
Date: January 28, 2007 10:37AM
Posted by: gav
/me strays into the F1 forum for once

Are you forgetting Ferrari nicked Sauber's über cooling from 2002 or something? It's not that the RB3 requires less cooling, it's that the RB2 couldn't efficiently cool an engine not designed for that car.
Date: January 28, 2007 11:06AM
Posted by: mikef1
'ere Gav, why don't you come here more often?
Date: January 28, 2007 11:28AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
probably the same reason i dont come in here.

to many stupid posts

Date: January 28, 2007 11:31AM
Posted by: gav
NeilPearson Wrote:
> probably the same reason i dont come in here.
>
> to many stupid posts

Got it in one. I don't want it to come across as a generalisation, as there are some good knowledgeable discussions, but I do stray in here sometimes, and some of the posts make me giggle like a girl (the Hamilton one being a good current example).
Date: January 28, 2007 01:10PM
Posted by: Sapo
Get over it hey, there already more posts in this thread complaining about the annoying posts earlier here, then the annoying posts themselves. And still, the most is just ontopic.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: January 28, 2007 01:23PM
Posted by: mikef1
"probably the same reason i dont come in here.

to many stupid posts"

Yeah i know what you mean, probably why Dave Ellis never comes here anymore either.
Date: January 28, 2007 02:12PM
Posted by: bestobritish

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: January 28, 2007 02:16PM
Posted by: Nickv
Date: January 28, 2007 02:29PM
Posted by: chet
rofl.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 28, 2007 02:41PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
gav Wrote:

> Got it in one. I don't want it to come across as a
> generalisation, as there are some good
> knowledgeable discussions, but I do stray in here
> sometimes, and some of the posts make me giggle
> like a girl (the Hamilton one being a good current
> example).

oh dont get me wrong, as much as i have complained over the last few weeks there are some really good threads in here, which is why i keep glancing here

Date: January 28, 2007 05:14PM
Posted by: Muks_C
with those pics Alless posted, it seems the winglets were just problematic so had to be removed, leaving just the stumps.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 28, 2007 05:59PM
Posted by: LS.
Red Bull Racing chose Renault engines to replace Ferrari because of the French manufacturers' competitive approach to supplying customer teams, according to star designer Adrian Newey.

Newey, who is chiefly responsible for the new RB3 and who whose cars collected nine world titles with Renault power in the 1990s, said Red Bull's decision to switch to the French engine was motivated by the team's desire to enjoy a closer development relationship with its engine supplier.

And despite the fact that Renault is also a double world champion with its own team, Newey claims the manufacturer's unique philosophy to push boundaries with its partners was a key factor.

"As far as the choice of engine is concerned, last year Ferrari did a very good job of supplying us as a customer, and it was a fairly simple relationship: we paid them money and they gave us an engine," he said.

"And that was essentially the relationship.

"The great attraction to me about Renault is that it’s built on a fundamentally different cornerstone."

Newey claims that Renault's relationship with Red Bull is not motivated by profit, but rather because of the development benefits of having two front-running teams gathering data on the homologated V8 RS27 units.

"Renault are not supplying us engines for profit, they’re doing it – at best – at cost," he confirmed.

"They’re doing it because they want more units out in the field so that they can learn about the performance and reliability of the engine.

"And that puts a fundamentally different tone on the relationship, and one which I’m very happy with.

"Having worked with the Renault engineers back in the Nineties, many of the faces are still the same," he added.

"I was very impressed then with the way that they were able to treat two different teams – Williams and either Ligier or Benetton in those days – and that philosophy has remained."

And despite new rules introduced for 2007 to freeze engine development, Newey still believes there are benefits to be gained from two separate teams using the same engine.

"Engine development in the hardware sense is obviously restricted with the frozen regulations, but there’s still an awful lot in the way the engine is operated that is crucially important, and that’s where I think our relationship with Renault will pay dividends," he explained.

According to Renault, the relationship is an opportunity to make the most of the new regulations.

"Inevitably in a time when the engine development activity is going to be less, it’s an opportune moment," said Renault's engine chief Rob White.

"It means we can reallocate people internally to this activity and Red Bull get the benefit of experienced hands from Renault without us having to do anything contrived to make that happen."

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: January 28, 2007 07:13PM
Posted by: Sniper
are there any video's ?

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy