Another new helmet livery for alonso

Posted by Sapo 
Re: Another new helmet livery for alonso
Date: January 04, 2007 01:03PM
Posted by: **Taylor**
Wow Sniper..!! That design is great..! I really like it...!!
Date: January 04, 2007 01:05PM
Posted by: keiran
You have to remember companies pay big money for sponsorship and the drivers helmet is probably one of the most expensive places. So in order to keep the sponsors happy there logo will have to stand out as best as possible and look good.

I'm sure everybody understands the basic principal of colours. A company isn't going to want to change the colour of their brand.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: January 04, 2007 01:26PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
SAMF1 schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nice sniper, i never heard you makin any helmet
> livery.

haha, some while ago he was one of the greatest helmet painters gp4 had;-)

Date: January 04, 2007 02:33PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ Taylor, actually, MS changed his design in 2000 because it clashed with Rubens' helmet (they both had blue tops, with a lot of white) so MS wanted to change it (or the team did) so they could clearly see which driver it was on the tv, but also Marlboro paid MS and the team a lot more money to make it mostly red.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 04, 2007 03:35PM
Posted by: **Taylor**
I know this Muks C - It was Monaco if I remember rightly, but as you say, the initial choice was his - he felt it was too hard to distinguish between himself & Rubens in the car, which he didn't like, so he went for the change - It wasn't a forced change by Ferrari or Marlboro...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2007 03:37PM by **Taylor**.
Date: January 04, 2007 04:24PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Stijn great work with Alonso helmet :)
Date: January 04, 2007 06:10PM
Taylor, it was probably the team who couldn't tell which driver was which on the tv, but MS probably did fancy a change once the team told him they were having difficulty.

Date: January 05, 2007 04:27AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Klien and Luizzi had Red Bull as personal sponsors before they joined F1.

And if I'm not mistaken Schumi went to an all red top on his helmet because his design and Rubens were too similar, and he wanted to maintain his own identity.

And have no doubts about Alonzo sporting short hair and no whiskers...Ron Dennis is still stuck with that 1950's mentality and wants his boys to conform for their corporate masters. ;)

Anyway, I'll just be glad to see that damn "I-Mode" logo disappear from Alonzo's helmet top....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2007 07:29AM by Jagdpanzer.
Date: January 05, 2007 04:52AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Muks_C Wrote:
> @ Taylor, actually, MS changed his design in 2000
> because it clashed with Rubens' helmet (they both
> had blue tops, with a lot of white) so MS wanted
> to change it (or the team did) so they could
> clearly see which driver it was on the tv, but
> also Marlboro paid MS and the team a lot more
> money to make it mostly red.

I don't see how it could've been hard. Schumacher - out in front. Barrichello - usually mired down in 6th...

Regarding the Alonso debate, it seems to me that in the 80's and 90's when helmet liveries became popular, most drivers would choose a simple, uncomplicated livery which would usually be able to blend with any team. We generally associate Senna with yellow and black and green stripes. Damon Hill as someone said before had a dark blue design with a few white lines on top. Seems now days that this is no longer the case with the vast majority opting for messy, often meaningless designs which may be alot harder to fit with a particular team's corporate image. Look at Fisichella's helmet. In 1996 it was plain white with a basic green and yellow pattern. Now I wouldn't know how to describe it as its boring and complicated.

Date: January 05, 2007 05:48AM
Posted by: danm
fisicos current one is one of my favourites, as is massa lid!

Not a fan of kimis helmets one bit, far too wishy washy for my liking!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2007 05:52AM by danm.
Date: January 05, 2007 10:18AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Yeah, but he's changed it again since so it has a red part on the front. I didn't mind his 2005 design.

Date: January 05, 2007 01:12PM
Posted by: keiran
The designs have probably become more complex because helmet designers are obviously wanting to show off their skills. I doubt that any driver on that grid or very few came up with the design they are wearing. They probably told the designer the colours and maybe the general idea and left them to it.

A lot of the helmets have the designers name on it, Fisis one pictured above does - [www.mrc-design.de]

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: January 05, 2007 02:32PM
Posted by: Senna
Red_Bull Wrote:
> We generally associate
> Senna with yellow and black and green stripes.

Yellow, dark blue and a shiny green. He used 3 different types of yellow during his F1 career. 84-86, he used an almost fosforescent, shiney yellow, and in 87 only changed to same yellow used by Lotus main sponsor, Camel. And then from 88 until 94 a normal yellow. :P

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: January 05, 2007 04:42PM
Posted by: gary42
Seems strange that Ron is such a control freak nowadays. During the Senna/Berger years the team was supposed to be one of the most humorous on the grid - i remember ron talking about Ayrton, himself, a curry and some laxatives - and how Gerhard was one of the biggest practical jokers he'd ever met. It all seemed to change when West became sponsors - grey car/grey team

Date: January 05, 2007 04:44PM
gary42 Wrote:
> Seems strange that Ron is such a control freak
> nowadays. During the Senna/Berger years the team
> was supposed to be one of the most humorous on the
> grid - i remember ron talking about Ayrton,
> himself, a curry and some laxatives - and how
> Gerhard was one of the biggest practical jokers
> he'd ever met. It all seemed to change when West
> became sponsors - grey car/grey team

Yeah. Maybe it changed because now they are under Mercedes control?

Date: January 05, 2007 06:31PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
Keiran wrote................................................

The designs have probably become more complex because helmet designers are obviously wanting to show off their skills. I doubt that any driver on that grid or very few came up with the design they are wearing. They probably told the designer the colours and maybe the general idea and left them to it.

A lot of the helmets have the designers name on it, Fisis one pictured above does - [www.mrc-design.de]

sorry this is going to sound like i'm having a rant i dont mean to, but some of the threads being left on here seem to be getting a bit to carried away as if drivers are being forced to where "this helmet with this design", which isnt the case.

of course a team is going to have some sort of say but only so that the drivers lid is going to be somewhere within the keeping of the team and it's colours. Drivers have the majority say in THEIR lids, it identifies them from everyone else, and they may have had the same design all their careers. some drivers may say this is what i want - design me something around it, so what thats up to them if they're not creative enough themselves to come up with one, most names on the lids are painters tags so people know who painted it, it's how they get their business. fisi's is a good example go back 10 years to when he was driving the jordan and the basic layout of the design is the same as todays, mostly white with the yellow and green stripes with a blue top, only now it's been jazzed up by beeing chromed and has white flames appearing from the stripes, with a metal flake finish..

if alonso changes his colours dont get carried away with the ron's making him change, his colours. you say that the light blue is the colour of his home town but back when he used to drive for minardi it was a dark blue he used and the top was black, and i very much doubt that the might of minardi forced him into using that design.....

bazza

p.s. sorry to have a rant. i'm not really this much of a pain normally.

"If in doubt go FLAT OUT!"
Date: January 05, 2007 07:05PM
yep, the blue was much darker:

looks like Mild Seven requested it to be a lighter blue, the Mild Seven shade of blue, and it coincidentally was the same as Fernando's home region in Spain.

Date: January 05, 2007 08:03PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Fisichella changed the stripe colour on his helmet the first time he drove for Renault in 01

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: January 05, 2007 08:17PM
omg. Look how Fisi's helmet changed a lot through the years!

Date: January 05, 2007 11:58PM
Posted by: senninho
I don't see what the problem is - Fernando changed his helmet design quite a lot during his time at Renault. Besides, the article is probably nothing more than a rumour.

That said, i think his original helmet design would go better with McLaren.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy