Formula 1 Missing in action
Date: December 01, 2006 11:37AM
Posted by: AMorabito

a great video.
we'll never forget

edit:

ATTENTION:

DO NOT WATCH THIS IF YOU'RE OF A WEAK DISPOSITION

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2006 11:47AM by AMorabito.
Re: Formula 1 Missing in action
Date: December 01, 2006 11:43AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
DO NOT WATCH THIS IF YOU'RE OF A WEAK DISPOSITION

It has been posted before, and I'm normally pretty good with stuff like this, but I couldn't watch it all the way through
Date: December 01, 2006 12:08PM
Posted by: bignav88
It nearly made my cry man! Its quiete amazing how much Formula 1's safety has evolved since Senna's horrific crash. But it should have been improved much much earlier, i mean some of those crashes you just don't beleive your eyes! R.I.P all who have sacrificed their lives for this sport!
Date: December 01, 2006 03:22PM
Posted by: Nickv
I've seen it several times already but it still impresses me a lot. It shows what a dreadful sport F1 has been.
Date: December 02, 2006 01:35AM
Posted by: RonnyF1
The Pryce accident was really really nasty =/
Date: December 02, 2006 06:50AM
Posted by: HakkF1
wow the guy pushing the burning car is realy amzing.what a hero

==============================
Date: December 02, 2006 08:48AM
He is, he got a medal for that.
Date: December 02, 2006 10:56AM
Posted by: bestobritish
that Pryce crash is teriible, i just sat there staring at the screen when I first saw it. It sounded like he was a fairly decent driver too, winning at brands hatch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: December 02, 2006 07:08PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
the pryce one is the only crash i can't watch

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: December 02, 2006 07:21PM
Posted by: matt3454
Yeah Pryce was the most horrific there. The steward literally got ripped apart :( . Gilles Villeneuve's is bad aswell, you just see him get flung from the car.

Date: December 02, 2006 07:37PM
Posted by: MarcA
I have a huge lump in my throat. The one that got me is the one of Roger Williamson where his friend tries to help, but the marshalls just watch, and he keeps trying for ages and ages.

Date: December 02, 2006 07:38PM
Posted by: Muks_C
ferchrissakes, why is everything from the other thread being repeated here?

[www.grandprixgames.org]

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: December 02, 2006 11:37PM
Posted by: Slash
Anybody knows the cause of Lorenzo Bandini's Accident?
Date: December 03, 2006 03:35AM
Posted by: plinio_666
Well, some people claim that Bandini's crash was caused by his own fatigue... he hitted the wall on the 82nd lap of a 100-lap race!!!

After his death there was much discussion about the lenght of the races, and as a direct result of that we have this 305 Km or 2 hours limit for race-lengh.

I believe that I don't need to get into details about the flames, or about how the firemen were unable to rescue him from the car, etc., after all this wouldn't be the best thing to post.

just as a note: I really don't get that sick about watching and talking about people dying, so I've watched not only Williamson's and Bandini's deaths, but other drivers' deaths many times. Each time I see these videos my will is to beat up those marshalls... I feel very angry about how they, in a way, "killed" the drivers with their lack of attitude...
Date: December 03, 2006 07:24AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Well, even at the best if times the marshals by themselves can only do so much. But an organized quick response by a rescue team and fire personnel can make a HUGE difference.
For instance when Gerhard Berger had his big smash up and fire after hitting the wall at the Tamburello corner of Imola, the resuce teams had him out of his machine in 21 seconds after the car came to a stop. And he probably owes his life to that quick response...

But yeah, its a pity how some of the drivers died from seemingly a lack of effort by those trusted to help....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: December 03, 2006 11:07AM
Posted by: montana_uk
Yeah,

I'll agree that some of the marshalls seemed uninclined to help out, or too slow off the mark. The Senna one particularly. I think that they could see he was dead on impact, they way the one in red kept backing away from the car, looking shocked.

As for the Pryce crash - wow. I was shocked to say the least. That poor man. He was only doing his job, trying to help.
When that mad Irish priest ran onto the track at Silverstone a few years ago, and Brundle was saying that the man could have been ripped apart if he was hit certainly wasn't kidding.
ITV would have killed the feed there and then, with the fact that it was on a Sunday afternoon. A lot of the older races shown in that video wouldn't have been on tv at the time, would they?

Laters,

Montana_UK
Date: December 03, 2006 03:36PM
Posted by: Senna
montana_uk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah,
>
> I'll agree that some of the marshalls seemed
> uninclined to help out, or too slow off the mark.
> The Senna one particularly. I think that they
> could see he was dead on impact, they way the one
> in red kept backing away from the car, looking
> shocked.
>

Maybe he saw the piece that pierced his head still in his helmet and then thought that he was dead? I'd be shocked too, because you know, it's AYRTON SENNA who was dead, something hard to believe - even in our nightmares.

Actually, I believe that he was dead right after the impact, the doctors on track kept his heart beating until they arrived @ Maggiore. Sid Watkins: "Senna looked serene. I raised his eyelids and it was clear from his pupils that he had a massive brain injury.”

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2006 03:40PM by Senna.
Date: December 03, 2006 06:32PM
Senna schreef:
> montana_uk Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yeah,
> >
> > I'll agree that some of the marshalls seemed
> > uninclined to help out, or too slow off the
> mark.
> > The Senna one particularly. I think that they
> > could see he was dead on impact, they way the
> one
> > in red kept backing away from the car, looking
> > shocked.
> >
>
> Maybe he saw the piece that pierced his head still
> in his helmet and then thought that he was dead?
> I'd be shocked too, because you know, it's AYRTON
> SENNA who was dead, something hard to believe -
> even in our nightmares.

So, what you're saying is that Sennas death is more 'important' than someone elses? That's a ridiculous thought.
Date: December 04, 2006 12:05AM
Posted by: Guimengo
He never said that, was just the impact of the whole thing. Senna seemed like an immortal character, much like Jackie Stewart. But in an instant he was gone.
Date: December 04, 2006 03:37AM
Posted by: plinio_666
montana_uk Wrote:
> ITV would have killed the feed there and then,
> with the fact that it was on a Sunday afternoon.
> A lot of the older races shown in that video
> wouldn't have been on tv at the time, would they?

Yes, they were on tv...

And in that time, when an accident happened, all the cameras would focalize it's aftermath in a full zoom, and the most blood showed, the best. It was the age of the "people love to watch tragedies" filosofy...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy