Can someone assess these two drivers's possiblity and ability to F1????

Posted by smith007 
Can someone assess these 2 drivers's possiblity and ability to F1?

1.Tom Kristensen
2.Sebastien Bourdais

Because I dreamt they got a 1-2 at a F1 GP at somewhere.Is my dream comes true?
smith007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can someone assess these 2 drivers's possiblity
> and ability to F1?
>
> 1.Tom Kristensen
> 2.Sebastien Bourdais
>
> Because I dreamt they got a 1-2 at a F1 GP at
> somewhere.Is my dream comes true?

LOL

Bourdais already tested for Renault F1 some years ago but Briatore wanted to sign him only as Test Driver, so Bourdais refused it and then moved to Champ Car.

And about the other driver, I have no idea of who is.

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Kristensen is a multi-Le Mans winner, and still races Le Mans I believe. However, he's unlikely to race in F1, as there's so much talent in the lower ranks of motorsport for team bosses to take their pick from.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Kristensen will never be in F1 and Bourdais might maybe drive F1 someday if the stars are right and everybody wears the same blue and pink socks ;)
neither driver will make it to F1 now they are to old and been around a long time.
So a dream is a dream
It cannot be true
Looks like I need to wake up from my dream
Well, Bordais COULD get into F1, but I think he'd need considerable sponsorship backing.

well Bourdais have made few F1 tests in the past and was offered test drivers seat this year but he refused because they didn't guaranteed race seat for him for 2008.Kristensen is way too old (37 or something like that) to start F1 career anymore and I don't think he has the speed either even if he has been good in DTM and Le Mans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2006 05:49PM by vesuvius.
Both are very good, both tested F1 cars in their time, and both might have missed the boat. Kristensen definately has, but he has carved out a career with Audi.

Bourdais is rated as one of the best talents that F1 never had in the last 10 years or so. He tested with Renault when he was in F3000, and with Arrows once or twice I believe, but he became available just as teams were tightening belts and Arrows and Prost went to the wall.

Unlucky, but still a possibility for F1. He definately has the talent.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
He totally deserves a seat. He is far better than people like Luizzi, De la Rosa, Trulli or Speed
L O L!

or atleast add Kimi and many other drivers to that list too to that list too..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
IWE schreef:
> L O L!
>
> or atleast add Kimi and many other drivers to that
> list too to that list too..

yeh, kimi is very bad, baddest f1 driver ever, thats why ferrari signed him to replace michael schumacher :rolleyes:

Senna schreef:
> smith007 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Can someone assess these 2 drivers's possiblity
> > and ability to F1?
> >
> > 1.Tom Kristensen
> > 2.Sebastien Bourdais
> >
> > Because I dreamt they got a 1-2 at a F1 GP at
> > somewhere.Is my dream comes true?
>
>
> LOL
>
> Bourdais already tested for Renault F1 some years
> ago but Briatore wanted to sign him only as Test
> Driver, so Bourdais refused it and then moved to
> Champ Car.
>
> And about the other driver, I have no idea of who
> is.

no idea who tom kristensen is? oh dear well he has won more then button thats the only thing you need to know;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2006 06:57AM by Iceman-Kimi.
Kristensen tested for Minardi back in 1998 I think with a view to getting the drive, but the role was given to Esteban Tuero instead.

They are both great drivers but neither will be in F1 any time soon. Bourdais is pretty pissed off at not being selected by an F1 team for a full time drive despite being a three time CCWS champ now and only 27. Drivers making a transition from CCWS to F1 doesn't happen these days.
mikef1 Wrote:
> Drivers making a transition from CCWS
> to F1 doesn't happen these days.

Still some.
Montoya,Da Matta......
came from CHAMPCAR Series/CART
That happened 4 years ago, that isnt 'these days'.
looks like bourdais reads this forum..........

[www.autosport.com]

lukepm Wrote:
> looks like bourdais reads this forum..........
>
> [www.autosport.com]

Arrogant prick. So he wins a few championships in Champ Cars and now thinks he's too good for F1 simply because he's been overlooked? The quality of Champ Cars is dramatically lower than F1 standards...

IF Bourdais got a ride with a decent team I believe he would surprise a few people. Don't write him off because "Champ Car isn't what it used to be".
This guy has real talent....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy