> When did the SC pull in then? I have always
> thought the crash was in the first lap after the
> SC.

Lap 4 or 5 I think.

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Re: That Kimi Interview / Senna conspiracy thread
Date: October 26, 2006 05:20PM
Posted by: rocker
I also believe Senna steering column broke before the accident.

But I can't understand why they tried to charge Frank Williams and Patrick Head for the accident. It was a racing accident; drivers know they are in risky all the time. They were doing what was needed to win, not to 'cause an accident.

I remember that Senna McLaren contract during 1993 was made race by race, wasn't it? Senna was about taking a year brake if he felt the car was not competitive.

Also Williams FW16 launch was really late, something like January or February. I remember that the first time Senna drove for Williams was in a 93 car with Rothmans livery without Active Suspension or Traction Control. It was more to take pictures for the press and sponsors. That famous video of Senna and Hill driving together side by side with Senna a little bit ahead of Hill in Silverstone was with 1993 car with Rothmans livery.

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: October 26, 2006 05:23PM
Posted by: rocker
Senna accident happened one lap after SC pulled (is it correct :P) in. So he did Tamburelo flat out one time before the accident.

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: October 26, 2006 05:28PM
Posted by: Senna
rocker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also believe Senna steering column broke before
> the accident.
>
> But I can't understand why they tried to charge
> Frank Williams and Patrick Head for the accident.
> It was a racing accident; drivers know they are in
> risky all the time. They were doing what was
> needed to win, not to 'cause an accident.
>
> I remember that Senna McLaren contract during 1993
> was made race by race, wasn't it? Senna was about
> taking a year brake if he felt the car was not
> competitive.
>
> Also Williams FW16 launch was really late,
> something like January or February. I remember
> that the first time Senna drove for Williams was
> in a 93 car with Rothmans livery without Active
> Suspension or Traction Control. It was more to
> take pictures for the press and sponsors. That
> famous video of Senna and Hill driving together
> side by side with Senna a little bit ahead of Hill
> in Silverstone was with 1993 car with Rothmans
> livery.

Because the Williams crew didnt welded properly his steering column. So both are directly guilty for that negligence.

Yeah, he raced with race-by-race contracts, but some races after the midseason he signed till the end of the year.

Date: October 26, 2006 06:02PM
Posted by: LS.
Anyone able to find the official report of the courtcase?

Seems that most of whats being said are peoples personal opinions, rather than recorded documented fact by the experts given the task of going the through the evidence presented in court.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2006 06:14PM by LS..
Date: October 26, 2006 06:21PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
I've no idea, but I'm more inclined to believe an expert than the people's opinions, maybe thats just me...
Date: October 26, 2006 06:33PM
LS. Wrote:
> Anyone able to find the official report of the
> courtcase?
>
> Seems that most of whats being said are peoples
> personal opinions, rather than recorded documented
> fact by the experts given the task of going the
> through the evidence presented in court.

These experts never raced in a F1 car or where in one of them. I'd rather believe in Alboreto, Berger, than in one of these experts.

You cant believe in DC or DH since they were Williams drivers, of course they would say things to defend Williams. Thats why I discard what they said.

Date: October 26, 2006 06:42PM
These experts would be of the forensic kind and data analysts i would have thought, not some bloke from the local garage ;-)

Also why would Damon Hill cover for the team that fired him?

LS's Tip of the week
Date: October 26, 2006 06:50PM
Posted by: count.bazley
Senna Wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------
>
> These experts never raced in a F1 car or where in
> one of them. I'd rather believe in Alboreto,
> Berger, than in one of these experts.

This a bit like saying a pilot is a more reliable source to tell us what happened in a plane crash than the air accident investigators and expert metallurgists would. If the steering column broke before the accident then there would be evidence of metal fatigue rather than a simple breakage, something that they would have quite easily found if the investigation was conducted in the appropriate manner.
Date: October 26, 2006 06:52PM
Posted by: mikef1
Damon was told not to say too much about the accident to the press incase of legal issues and he probably wasn't informed about the exact details of the accident by the Williams team.

Plus there has been a lot of evidence on the web that if a car hit a bump like that on the Tamburello, the car would snap out of control not go straight on. Senna hit a big bump in Mexico 1991 and his car instantly spun despite the massive downforce on the car in the Peralta corner.
Date: October 26, 2006 07:01PM
count.bazley Wrote:
> Senna Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> ------
> >
> > These experts never raced in a F1 car or where
> in
> > one of them. I'd rather believe in Alboreto,
> > Berger, than in one of these experts.
>
> This a bit like saying a pilot is a more reliable
> source to tell us what happened in a plane crash
> than the air accident investigators and expert
> metallurgists would. If the steering column broke
> before the accident then there would be evidence
> of metal fatigue rather than a simple breakage,
> something that they would have quite easily found
> if the investigation was conducted in the
> appropriate manner.

But they FOUND metal fatigue in that steering column!

Date: October 26, 2006 07:11PM
Yes they did and mysteriously the black box recorder that had a lot more data on the car was removed by the Williams team and was apparently not working when taken back to the pits.

"It is reported that the 'black box' which holds the secrets behind Ayrton Senna's death has been mysteriously destroyed.

Investigators who probed into the crash at Imola are adamant the computer in his Williams car was removed after the accident and then 'smashed with a hammer'!

Some of the Italian investigators are so convinced of a sinister cover-up that they fear for their lives.

Metal expert Adolpho Melchionda was finally handed the 'black box' a MONTH after the crash and is quoted as saying:

'It had been dismantled from behind the seat in Senna's car and taken away. When it was eventually returned to me in the Imola garage 30 days later, it was broken - it could no longer be used - it had been smashed.

'The input and output plugs which could have been linked to a computer, to give readings about the driver's reactions and the workings of the car, were no longer there.

'It looked as though it had been smashed with a hammer. That box could have told us everything about the driver's controls: accelerator, brakes, revs etc. but it is now USELESS.

'Every expert on the investigating team KNOWS how the accident happened but no one is talking.

'Some are afraid for their lives but I want the TRUTH to be KNOWN.'"
Date: October 26, 2006 07:13PM
What we need to find is the recorded verdict on the case, that will tell us whether they found it be a breakage or impact that caused the column to end up in 2 pieces.

If it was a massive cover up, then surely something would have surface by now in 12 years? someone somewhere wouldve said something.

Without proof its just beginning to sound like a witch hunt if were not careful.

If the evidence was so damning about the weld causing the accident, then surely that would have changed the verdict to not guilty to guilty of manslaughter?

Maybe we'll never get to the bottom of this matter

LS's Tip of the week
Date: October 26, 2006 07:15PM
No we wont because the REAL evidence has been destroyed but Senna's family didn't want the Williams team to be convicted and sent to jail and i agree totally.
Date: October 26, 2006 07:28PM
Posted by: RonnyF1
Williams shouldnt be convicted by that, they surely didnt want to kill Senna and things go wrong all the time in F1.

Otherwise drivers would sue their teams for parts breaking while in race, and if that was the case Kimi would be the richest man in the world by far =P.
Date: October 26, 2006 07:33PM
We forgot one thing:

Under Italian law, a death within the confines of the circuit would have required the cancellation of the entire race meeting.

That in turn, would have prevented the death of a three-times champion.

The relevant Italian legislation stipulates that when a death takes place during a sporting event, it should be immediately halted and the area sealed off for examination.

In the case of Ratzenberger, this would have meant the cancellation of both Saturday's qualifying session and the San Marino Grand Prix on Sunday.

Date: October 26, 2006 07:39PM
Posted by: Nickv
I thought it was if a sportsman dies AT the arena/field/track the whole thing had to be cancelled. Rolands death was confirmed AFTER he was away from the track.
Date: October 26, 2006 07:42PM
Roland did die at the track but that was covered up.
Date: October 26, 2006 07:50PM
yeah, but Rolando and Senna died on track. It's suspected that Bernie Ecclestone told them not to confirm their deaths on track but yes at hospital so he could continue the event, otherwise he'd have lost the money that were involved in the race.

Sid Watkins said that Senna's face before he was airlifted to the hospital was serene and his eyes had indications of a severe cerebral injury which led to his death.

I dont think that someone who has his head pierced with something like that (a loose suspension or a bullet shot) can be still alive after that. Remember how Senna's head was right after the crash, still in car? TV showed that he did a little and almost unoticeable last movement and then died.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2006 07:51PM by Senna.
Date: October 26, 2006 07:57PM
Senna was brain dead after the accident but his heart and lungs were still working. Roland's heart had stopped which is why you could see the medics performing heart massage on him by his car.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy