Posted by: chet
nah you'll be waiting 1/2 hour more ;) :P

lol nah

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Re: Some new rules from FIA !!!!
Date: October 18, 2006 10:21PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
LOL!

I think the SC rules are overdue. They've just gotta make sure it's done properly, and radios are used sensibly. The engine-change changes are probably to get more action on Friday, as they've ditched the 3rd car on Friday to save costs I imagine.

However, I seriously hope that Bridgestone heed the equal-tyres-for-everybody rule, as they'll be lynched if they favour Ferrari or any other top team.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: October 18, 2006 11:56PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
If you read carefully, you'll see that backmakers can only pass the safety car to rejoin the grid on the correct position, a couple of laps before the SC goes out. So they'll probably receive a light signal or something when they can do it.
Date: October 19, 2006 12:29AM
Posted by: marcl
it would have been better for the lapped car to drop back not go forward and get a lap back dont understand the reason for that really, if that had been in place this year alonso would now be world champ and ms would not have got a point in hungry and the 9th place car would have been one less lap back, so this rule could affect the out come of a championship.
Date: October 19, 2006 12:57AM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah it might have been better to tell the lapped car to slow down off the racing line, then rejoin in the correct position once the lead-lap cars went past him.

about the lights, aren't they also for yellow flags and stuff, not just blue for being lapped?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 19, 2006 12:59AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Wouldn't that disadvantage the lapped guys though, letting them go behind the bunch? At least it gives them a fighting chance to make something of the race and stay on the lead lap.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: October 19, 2006 01:01AM
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> about the lights, aren't they also for yellow
> flags and stuff, not just blue for being lapped?

With multicolored LEDs, this is hardly an issue ;)
Date: October 19, 2006 01:03AM
yeah that's true, but they're lapped, so it's tough sh!t ;)

yeah their idea is the best, wasn't it like that before though? i'm sure i remember lapped guys being waved past the safety car, unless i'm just imagining it?

@ Joe Satriani, i know, i was asking if they will have a whole array of LED's like we have in the GP games, and not just blue ones for when they're being lapped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2006 01:04AM by Muks_C.
Date: October 19, 2006 11:24AM
Posted by: marcl
so to let the lapped cars go by the leaders will have to move off line and dirty their already cold tyres it really should be the other way round like in other forms of sport.

I really dont agree with letting lapped cars get a lap back
Date: October 19, 2006 01:39PM
well they don't necessarily have to make the leaders go off-line. the leaders could stay on the line and make the lapped guys go round them.

Date: October 19, 2006 01:56PM
Posted by: chet
i guess we cant judge it until we see it in practise in f1

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 19, 2006 02:42PM
Posted by: rocker
About the lights its main reason is for yellow flags, I think.

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: October 26, 2006 09:13PM
Posted by: flat tyre
What confuses me is what will stop the teams changing their engine every friday before the race? It won't be a two weekend rule anymore - more like one engine per weekend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: October 26, 2006 09:15PM
Posted by: Nickv
Yes, that's what I was thinking aswell. If the teams can change engines on Friday they will do so!
Date: October 26, 2006 09:39PM
Posted by: rocker
You can change you engine on Friday, but on Saturday you have to have your race engine back...

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: October 27, 2006 02:22AM
Posted by: IWE
really smart.. teams did put lots of money to make long lasting engines and now they are gonna use 2 engines in same weekend. more wasted money, more rpm, more power. Back in starting-point I wud say. And those colored leds.. If im not totally wrong some drivers complained years ago that those are just distracting.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: October 27, 2006 02:31AM
Posted by: gary42
Well, they can use a new engine on Friday, but it can only be used for free practice. IMHO, the only team who'll do that is Toyota, who'll see it as an excuse to top the practice standings

Date: October 27, 2006 04:28AM
It's not a bad idea. Teams will be able to prepare a little better for the races, like they used to do in the past. And those two engines used on friday, will most like be able to be used to 2 or 3 weekends, so it's not so much money being used...don't forget, that teams won't have to spend the millions of dollars developing a new engine for next year. They are already designed. And all engines will have to be revved to 19000 rpm next year.
Date: October 27, 2006 07:18AM
Posted by: Trido
I like the new SC system, but another system I have seen which I really liked was having lapped cars on the right side of the track and everyone on the lead lap on the left. That way there might be less impeding and it doesn't give someone a get out of jail free if they mess up and get lapped.
Date: October 27, 2006 07:39AM
Posted by: gary42
Surely all the lapped cars taking up one side of teh track makes it even harder for the faster cars? It's difficult to overtake 3-abreast, especially when the guy on the otherside is in his own fight. It'd just lead to more accidents. No, the best idea would be to drop them to the back of the pack, but not give them their lap back.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy