Brazilian GP Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Brazilian GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: October 23, 2006 01:05PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Bugger this coming Saturday Muks_C, gimme some numbers for Friday! At £80m estimated, I'll need all the help I can get! ;)

Was amazed Sato was as high during the race as he was, but when I saw the fastest lap times I had to do a double-take. 7th and 9th??

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: October 23, 2006 01:43PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Thanks for the fantastic performance Michael. Superb drive.

Well deserved title for Alonso, I really thought he was going to crack under the pressure a month ago, but he didn't let anything affect his driving. He's beaten the best in a close fought championship, so Kudos!

Who the hell am I going to support next year!!? Massa I don't really care about. Kimi has all the personality of a flat beer, and none of the others are in a Ferrari!! Maybe I'll retire too.

Thanks for the year everyone, well played by all.

Date: October 23, 2006 01:43PM
Posted by: count.bazley
Fantastic end to the season, great to see Alonso win his 2nd title, I think it meant a lot to him to leave Renault on top. Another great drive by Schumacher proving why he was the man to beat, would have liked him to win but a great end to his career none the less. I wouldn't put the Super Aguri laptimes purely down to being on Bridgestones because they were much faster than the Spykers.

Anyway, roll on 2007!
Date: October 23, 2006 02:00PM
Posted by: mikef1
Well the Super Aguri's certainly have had r+d input from Honda and they have constantly developing new parts for the cars so i'm not surprised to see them doing better than usual. However if the Toyota's and Williams' cars had not gone out they would have probably finished well up the order too.
Date: October 23, 2006 02:35PM
Posted by: Muks_C
zeppelin101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Congrats Alonso, kept himself out of trouble just
> like he needed to
>
> As much as I'd like to say it was a great drive by
> MS, I don't really think it was, but hey, thats my
> opinion, the BMW's just didnt even bother trying
> to block him (and dont say they were fighting each
> other, Kubica was miles away from Heidfeld when MS
> came through), only Kimi gave him a bit of
> trouble, Fisi just sat in the way since he had a
> decent amount of straight line speed.

yeah some of them gave no trouble, but still great moves by MS on Kimi, and a nice pass on Kubica the second time on the left near the pitwall, where Brundle said that was a ballsy move by MS.

and the bit when people said the BMW's were fighting each other letting MS through was just the incident on the 1st lap, they were in each others way so MS took both of them.

and it was a good move on Fisi, just a shame the puncture had to happen.

so all in all, he did do a few good moves, even though some just didn't bother defending against him.

and i'm sure when he went wide the 1st time in one of the slow left-handers, that was just a mistake, but the second time he did it with around 13 laps to go, it seemed like a car problem, because you could hear the engine rev up like it was stuck in neutral or something, before he found a gear and continued.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 23, 2006 03:02PM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
i dont think it was that great adrive either by ms... it was a desperate drive. massa didnt have to push hard.. his car was too fast, and he needed to be close enough to second, incase he had to let schumacher through. alonso had his revs turned down and didnt need to push too hard to get one point. all it was was schumacher having to push hard to try to get close to the championship, and all he proved was how good a car the ferrari is.
takuma satos drive was much better than schumacher, he got the nineth fastest lap in the race in a super aguri, and finished ahead of much better cars, while his teammate got 7th fastest time. schumacher had the best car... but still needed to resort to cheating in monaco, and cos of that lost the championship, that and tripping over cars in hungary when alonso was already out.
satos performance was legendary, finishing ahead of cars in the worst car on the grid. here are the top 9 lap times:
01 Michael Schumacher Ferrari 1:12.162
02 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:12.877
03 Fernando Alonso Renault 1:12.961
04 Jenson Button Honda 1:13.053
05 Giancarlo Fisichella Renault 1:13.121
06 Kimi Räikkönen McLaren 1:13.281
07 Sakon Yamamoto Super Aguri 1:13.379 = incredible super aguri
08 Rubens Barrichello Honda 1:13.391
09 Takuma Sato Super Aguri 1:13.401 = incredible, 1 tenth behind raikkonen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2006 03:04PM by AdamGilchrist.
Date: October 23, 2006 03:20PM
Posted by: Nickv
Massa wouldn't have to let MS through as both Ferrari and MS concentrated on the WCC.

That Alonso put his revs down has got nothing to do with the fact that MS' drive WAS impressive.

but still needed to resort to cheating in monaco, and cos of that lost the championship, that and tripping over cars in hungary when alonso was already out.

There is no need to bring that up eh, MS-basher?
Date: October 23, 2006 03:28PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Michael's race was amazing of course because of the dominant car but still.What I miss was that Michael vs Fernando battle that there would have been without that tyre failure and that battle could have changed everything in drivers championship fight too .
Date: October 23, 2006 03:39PM
It wouldn't, Alonso would have been third if Schumi won and he would have still won by six points.
Date: October 23, 2006 03:43PM
Posted by: LS.
Razorsedge Wrote:
>
>
> Who the hell am I going to support next year!!?
> Massa I don't really care about. Kimi has all the
> personality of a flat beer, and none of the others
> are in a Ferrari!! Maybe I'll retire too.
>
> Thanks for the year everyone, well played by all.

I'm in the same boat only in reverse, i think Kimi is a fantastic driver and he's been my favourite driver along with Alonso, i've been happy when either of them won even if they were fighting amongst themselves like last year.

Ferrari suck big time with their "sporting" approach to F1 since that little slime ball Todt took control and landed Schumacher, so the fact one of my favourite drivers is going to the darkside puzzles me.

I dont know how i will feel until the first race of 2007 then it will hit me either way,

I think the only time i'd be happy supporting Ferrari would be after the Todt heiracy has been knocked down and rebuilt with someone else at the helm.

Its already underway at the minute with Schumacher and Brawn leaving ( cant see brawn coming back after a sabbatical ).

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 23, 2006 03:45PM
AdamGilchrist Wrote:
> i dont think it was that great adrive either by ms

not surprising tbh.

face it, if he had started 22md, fought through the field to 1st, had 4 punctures, dropped down to 10th, then passed everyone and been 2nd, you'd still have though it wasn't impressive.

says more about you than MS' driving really.

and the Bridgestone tyres played a big part in the Aguri cars form, don't forget.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2006 03:52PM by Muks_C.
Date: October 23, 2006 03:47PM
Is Rory Byrne sticking around? I heard he was planning on leaving too but i haven't read anything about his depature. I wonder what effect Brawn's depature will have on Ferrari next year, he was the master tactician for the majority of Schumachers wins so i think his loss will be felt by the team.
Date: October 23, 2006 03:53PM
not heard anything about Byrne, but yeah he has always said he wanted to run a scuba diving school in Malaysia or somewhere where he spends his free time.

and Brawn has been with MS for all his wins apart from the 3 in '96.

Date: October 23, 2006 03:58PM
Posted by: anze89
mikef1 Wrote:
> It wouldn't, Alonso would have been third if
> Schumi won and he would have still won by six
> points.

who says that FA would finish the race if it came to a battle between him and MS? :p

Awsome performance by MS, I don't think that many drivers would even bother to continue after a puncture and when it was more than obvius that he would need a miracle to win the championship. But he went on, pushing 100% through the race to try and get the 2nd place, but sadly he ran out of laps. F1 will miss him, no dout about it. He was the last one who has beaten Senna, Prost, Mansell... on track. An era has come to an end and now a new one begins in which I see KR, FA, RK and FM as the biggest names in next 10 years.

Date: October 23, 2006 04:06PM
mikef1 Wrote:
> It wouldn't, Alonso would have been third if
> Schumi won and he would have still won by six
> points.

you dont know what could have happend when MS would have attacked against Alonso ;)
Date: October 23, 2006 04:19PM
i hope you understand, that MS needed to win the race, not simply take Alonso off the track :).

Alonso, however, could have afforded to take MS off the track, as long as it meant he (MS) retired, not like MS' attempt on JV in '97.

Date: October 23, 2006 04:35PM
mikef1 Wrote:
> Is Rory Byrne sticking around? I heard he was
> planning on leaving too but i haven't read
> anything about his depature. I wonder what effect
> Brawn's depature will have on Ferrari next year,
> he was the master tactician for the majority of
> Schumachers wins so i think his loss will be felt
> by the team.

I think Rory Byrne was confirmed already few weeks ago that he will stay with Ferrari 2 more years.however his mission will change a little.
Date: October 23, 2006 04:39PM
Posted by: flat tyre
I think Ferrari will be lost without Ross Brawn and Michael Schumacher. Most of their wins came from one or the other - if it wasn't Michael's driving, it was Ross's tactics. I think Rory Byrne not having so much influence on the car will have a big affect aswell. But who am I to say that? They could surprise us!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: October 23, 2006 04:42PM
Posted by: tripleM
So Schumacher and Fisichella did touch.

So much for 32" TV's and Joe's careful video examinations.

Date: October 23, 2006 04:45PM
did they? where did you find out?

aah

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2006 04:47PM by Muks_C.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy