> marcl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > i would rather ms win the championship any day
> > than alonso
>
>
> Totally agree :)

Both of you are 90% or more to have a bad day on sunday...but if it's the other way you'll have a REALLY GREAT day.
Re: Brazilian GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: October 19, 2006 08:05PM
Posted by: Senna
I'm pretty sure that Alonso is going to clinch his second title and it will be a REALLY GREAT day if JB wins again :)

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: October 19, 2006 08:21PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
BMW has now confirmed their line-up for 2007: Nick Heidfield and Robert Kubica will be the two drivers, and Sebastian Vettel will keep his test driver role in the team.

I'm looking forward to seeing them winning a couple of races next year. I think BMW will be the next team to join the ranks of Ferrari, McLaren and Renault next year.
Date: October 19, 2006 08:26PM
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BMW has now confirmed their line-up for 2007: Nick
> Heidfield and Robert Kubica will be the two
> drivers, and Sebastian Vettel will keep his test
> driver role in the team.
>
> I'm looking forward to seeing them winning a
> couple of races next year. I think BMW will be the
> next team to join the ranks of Ferrari, McLaren
> and Renault next year.

I dont think so. They'll keep their battle for midfield positions.

Date: October 19, 2006 08:30PM
Posted by: rocker
Yesterday Robert Kubica went to my brother office (he works in BMW Brasil) and when asked about next season engine he said he dosen't know as he dosen't know if he would continue in BMW next season.

F1 drivers saves their secrets even in unformal conversation!!! There was no press there just a few guys from the office. I doubt he didn't know yesterday that he would continue with them...

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: October 19, 2006 08:30PM
Posted by: requenov
I think Kubica is gonna be a great star in the future...Time will tell if it's in BMW or other team.
Date: October 19, 2006 08:49PM
Senna Wrote:
> I dont think so. They'll keep their battle for
> midfield positions.

BMW has already put cars in the front of the grid in the last years though. I know not as a full team, but they have a lot more experience with this stuff unlike some other teams, like Redbull or Toyota. Also, the progress they made with the Sauber car from last year to this one is quite incredible. I think they'll do good next year...at least, imo, their line-up is stronger than say, RedBull or Williams.
Date: October 19, 2006 08:55PM
TBH, I couldnt see anything impressive in Kubica... maybe because I am wearing, like you and Muks said, "Button-tinted glasses" :P

Date: October 19, 2006 09:00PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
No, you aren't wearing any glasses, although you should ;)
Date: October 19, 2006 09:05PM
zeppelin101 Wrote:
> No, you aren't wearing any glasses, although you
> should ;)

:O

But I am, otherwise I wouldnt be posting here :P

Date: October 19, 2006 09:25PM
Posted by: matt3454
Nothing impressive about Kubica? How about doing very well in his first race in the wet. Then in his third he gets a podium.

All this in a midfield car. Hes impressed me, alot more than Button ever has.

Button couldnt even get a win when he had the best car a few years back ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2006 09:26PM by matt3454.
Date: October 19, 2006 09:29PM
matt3454 Wrote:
> Nothing impressive about Kubica? How about doing
> very well in his first race in the wet. Then in
> his third he gets a podium.
>
> All this in a midfield car. Hes impressed me, alot
> more than Button ever has.
>
> Button couldnt even get a win when he had the best
> car a few years back ;)

WHEN HE HAD THE BEST CAR?!?! :S

bleh, Heidfeld got a third place too... and Kubica wasnt so good for me in his first wet race, he spun some in some laps and at Suzuka after the Degnes he was having a hard time going off-road several times... but the people is right, only time will tell if he's good. For now I dont think so.

Date: October 19, 2006 09:33PM
Posted by: vesuvius
requenov Wrote:
> vesuvius Wrote:
> -----
> > marcl Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > i would rather ms win the championship any
> day
> > > than alonso
> >
> >
> > Totally agree :)
>
> Both of you are 90% or more to have a bad day on
> sunday...but if it's the other way you'll have a
> REALLY GREAT day.

well I'm not going to have a bad day because either of them are my favourite drivers so I dont care that much who wins the title but still I like Michael more than Fernando .
Date: October 19, 2006 09:33PM
Posted by: matt3454
Senna Wrote:
> matt3454 Wrote:
> -----
> > Nothing impressive about Kubica? How about
> doing
> > very well in his first race in the wet. Then in
> > his third he gets a podium.
> >
> > All this in a midfield car. Hes impressed me,
> alot
> > more than Button ever has.
> >
> > Button couldnt even get a win when he had the
> best
> > car a few years back ;)
>
>
> WHEN HE HAD THE BEST CAR?!?! :S
>
> bleh, Heidfeld got a third place too... and Kubica
> wasnt so good for me in his first wet race, he
> spun some in some laps and at Suzuka after the
> Degnes he was having a hard time going off-road
> several times... but the people is right, only
> time will tell if he's good. For now I dont think
> so.

2004 i think it was. IMO the BAR was the fastest car that year, but Schumi kept beating it.

Dont think i dont want Button to win, i do being English, but i think he is just overhyped like everything English.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2006 09:36PM by matt3454.
Date: October 19, 2006 09:39PM
Posted by: rocker
BAR wasn't the fastest car... Ferrari was, for sure, and in the beggining of the year Renault was fastest than BAR.

BAR didn't win that year because they had bad race strategy, that's the only reason. If they had the experience they had today they would win for sure...

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: October 19, 2006 09:46PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Kubica has been mighty impressive, more so than any of the other rookies i can think of in the past couple of seasons.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 19, 2006 10:27PM
Yeah, Kubica has been doing a much more solid job than any rookie this year...
Date: October 19, 2006 10:59PM
Posted by: Slash
Kubica is great, he amazed me at the italian gp, but people keep saing at hungary, i think one of the best debuts i've seen, was from Jenson at the Australian GP, he was running 4 when his engine gave up, and it was a dry race, so nothing weird happend, to say that he was just lucky, and the other one was Kimi, posting fastest laps in practice and stuff, the one that didn't impressed much at his first Gp was montoya, but 3 races later he blew everybody's debut off!! but Kubica's beeen driving that BMW alot and these guys that i'm talking about impressed at their first Gp's, so i would join those coments about time will tell,

back on topic, did anybody saw that cosworth is planning to run marks webber's engine at 20000 rpm???,

i hope Michael wins the race, both toyota and BMW to give it all out for that 5th in the constructors, mclaren keeping the form of recent years, and BAR beaing the best of the rest, Oh yeah and Webber beating the renaults with that engine, all so that alonso doesn't finish in the points!

cheers!
Date: October 19, 2006 11:42PM
Posted by: marcl
yes hes been good at going off track though :( fast when he stays on it
Date: October 20, 2006 12:47AM
Posted by: Muks_C
back on topic, Alonso has shown how selfish he is by telling his team to focus on the driver's title, and not the constructors, and that he thinks it's more important and they should too: (from [www.itv-f1.com])

"Drivers' title the priority says Alonso

Fernando Alonso says Renault must put his world title challenge above its own team ambitions for his sake and its own.

The reigning world champion told a packed press conference in Brazil that he believed the drivers' championship to be more important than the constructors' and that beating Michael Schumacher to the former should be Renault's priority on Sunday.

"To be honest, for me the important thing is the drivers' championship, not only for me, for everybody," he said on Thursday.

"We see all the publicity on the motorways, everywhere from China onwards. I think we only see Michael's and Alonso's face on the pictures.

"You don't see the logo of Ferrari and Renault.

"I think the people remember which driver is the champion and which car he drove.

"I don't think anyone remembers 10 years ago who was the constructors' champion."

Alonso, who leaves Renault to join McLaren after this race, hit the headlines prior to the Chinese GP by suggesting in the Spanish press that Renault had made the makes' crown its key priority.

Now he is adamant that for Renault to achieve maximum notoriety from its 2006 campaign, it must win the drivers' title no matter where the champion may be headed.

"For sure it's an important championship but I think the team and myself know which one is more important and try to win this drivers' championship first and for sure, if we can help the team to become constructors' champions, it's good for next year, for the money, for the position and for the brand, but we will see."

Speaking of the position in which he finds himself, 10 points clear of Schumacher at the top of the table with just one race to go, Alonso admitted that the experience of winning a world title had helped him.

"Sometimes yes," he said.

"I know how I enjoyed last year winning and how to repeat and how to defend number one on my car and try to do the best for the sport and for the team.

"Maybe the experience you have in one important year, like you have with your first championship, this you never forget and you use in the rest of your career for sure."

Alonso also revealed that he had enjoyed his battle with Kimi Raikkonen for the 2005 crown much more than his fight for the '06 championship.

"I think this year was with the same advantage in the first part of the season, around 20 to 25 points, and we kept it last year a little bit thanks to the mechanical problems that McLaren had because when normal races happened the McLaren was quicker than us," he explained.

"It was impossible to fight with them and sometimes they had problems and we got the advantage back again.

"This year with Ferrari, sometimes we can fight with them and we can win and we can lose, but for sure I had a much better feeling last year about the championship, the sport and about everything."

------------------------

basically he just wants glory for himself. Michael never said things like this :) he always acknowledged (at least in the press) that the constructors was just as important, if not more so, than the driver's title (even if he felt differently inside his mind, he never said that to the public).

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy