Posted by Morbid 
Re: And Alonso goes crazy...
Date: October 05, 2006 10:41PM
Posted by: keiran
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I sed commitment to the perfect LAP, Alonso hasnt
> driven a perfect lap yet, he hasnt dedicated his
> life to 1 and half mins to perfection, read. end.

So how the hell does he get pole position lap times? Fastest laps? Consistently quick lap times?

Damn right he better not dedicate his life to 1 and a half mins to perfection or he'll be losing to Super Aguris...

On your logic Button isn't committed, Schumacher isn't committed.

When has Alonso ever claimed he has reached perfection that what he has done was perfect? Never, he is as committed as Senna was and as committed as any other driver out there if not more. Hungary 06 was enough proof of that and his blistering pace in tricky conditions constantly beating his times at China again was more proof.

Racing is all about commitment. Without commitment there's no adrenaline in sitting in a racing car, the feel it gives you when you push it hard and commit yourself around the corners. The way you aim to better yourself all the time. I don't believe anyone in any of the high profile racing classes yet alone British Formula Renault aren't committed, that's where the thrill in racing is.

> Kimi's move was alot better. Now that was guts.
> All Alonso did was drive like any other lap and
> just trusted Micheal wasnt going to move, but as I
> said he would risk his life... think of the energy
> going on.. so dont even compare a relatively low
> speed williams coming out of the pitlane to a
> 190mph corner. It really is un-comparable, think.

Who was comparing them? Schumacher made a dumb move something you claimed he never did. I'm merely pointing the fact that Schumacher had the inside line if he really wanted it. Had he committed himself then they'd have either touched sending Alonso and himself skywards or Alonso would have had to get out of it and run off the track.

> And no Shumi wouldnt do anything like that again.
> Just because he has doesnt mean he could again.

LOL, if that's what it would take to win the championship I personally believe he would do it again.

> Just because a mudurer has served his/her sentance
> doesnt mean once release they will kill again does
> it? no.

This contradicts your argument ;-) Schumacher has repeatedly done controversial moves and in a rare occurrence has been penalised.

> i wont reply again because your not reading or not
> understanding.

Please reply, enlighten me on your commitment theory, it's getting funnier ;)

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2006 10:42PM by keiran.
Date: October 05, 2006 10:46PM
Posted by: mikef1
"I sed commitment to the perfect LAP, Alonso hasnt driven a perfect lap yet, he hasnt dedicated his life to 1 and half mins to perfection, read. end."

Do you mean in qualyfying? Imo Alonso has done some extraordinary laps in race conditions (Hungary for example)but he's not a qualfying expert like Kimi is.
Date: October 05, 2006 11:00PM
Posted by: Senna
Well, some people will never understand Senna's definition of perfection. Some of us already understood it, like our national volleyball coach, Bernardinho (and man, that team is unbeatable!! They are winning titles every year and havent lost a single ch'ship since he took control of the team!)

For Senna, Perfection WASNT ONLY winning every single race or winning the title every year. He said once something like "every year, someone wins the title, but I want to do something much more special than that" For Senna, perfection is all about breaking his own limits, lap after lap, looking for the "PERFECT LAP", where he looks for the perfect speed, the perfect racing line, the perfect response from the car, the perfect everything. He was a perfeccionist. You guys never acted like that in GP4? Or in any hotlap league? In today's F1 it doesnt exist anymore, they just want to win races and nothing more. I cant explain it properly, but some notable quotes of Senna might help :)

"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitation, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me."

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."

And in 1988 Monaco Qualifying Interview:

"...the last qualifying session. I was already on pole, then by half a second and then one second and I just kept going. Suddenly I was nearly two seconds faster than anybody else, including my team mate with the same car. And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension. It was like I was in a tunnel. Not only the tunnel under the hotel but the whole circuit was a tunnel. I was just going and going, more and more and more and more. I was way over the limit but still able to find even more. Then suddenly something just kicked me. I kind of woke up and realised that I was in a different atmosphere than you normally are. My immediate reaction was to back off, slow down. I drove slowly back to the pits and I didn't want to go out any more that day. It frightened me because I was well beyond my conscious understanding. It happens rarely but I keep these experiences very much alive inside me because it is something that is important for self-preservation."

In that session, lap after lap he broke his own pole position time, until he felt ill at ease, backed off and returned to the pits.

To sum up, Senna wasnt racing against the others. He was racing against HIMSELF.

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2006 11:07PM by Senna.
Date: October 05, 2006 11:10PM
Posted by: Astro
anybody want to give our little friend keiran here spectacle cleaner fluid? that tint is getting so bad the poor kid will be blind as a bat soon ;)
Date: October 05, 2006 11:34PM
Posted by: tripleM
"Quote them if you want. All he says is he felt a bit alone, frustrated at the situation and helpless."

For a guy going on about Alonso's comments being misquoted you sure are ready to do some selective quoting of your own.

Date: October 06, 2006 12:37AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
mikef1 Wrote:
>
> Again Jagd you show that you know little about
> Senna.

Senna is not MY God.....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: October 06, 2006 12:41AM
Posted by: chet
No Button isnt committed to going out in practise to be number1.
out in quali to be perfect.

No-1 was but Senna.

And Jap said Alonso reminded him of Senna... a form of comparison, read. but he didnt mean it like that.. i just question y he would say it at all ;)

Alonsos isnt as committed as senna at being the fastest in every session, over one lap. like ive been saying. ofc alonso is commited otherwise he would not be wdc.

Sennas life was didicated to Karting and qualifying... the racing was just something else to him. being the best in quali means u are the quickest. times meant everything to senna.

edit - imo Senna would rather have 17odd pole posistions in a row rather than 17wins.

no it doesnt. u sed shumi may have moved across on alonso like he did in 98 etc.

hes learnt... from being peanalized like a prisoner dones while in prison?

why would u expect him to do it again, thats a not a good thing to think, but when one doesnt consider f1 a sport, you may expect unsporting things to occur? right?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2006 12:50AM by chet.
Date: October 06, 2006 01:03AM
Posted by: Muks_C
Astro Wrote:
> anybody want to give our little friend keiran here
> spectacle cleaner fluid? that tint is getting so
> bad the poor kid will be blind as a bat soon ;)

was thinking just the same, the hatred for Schumacher has become all-consuming it seems.

Schumacher has blamed himself for many of the accidents or bad days they've had, and when he hasn't, there has been a genuine mechanical reason for his poor performance. i have never got the impression from him that he thinks he is the greatest and never makes mistakes, that's the impression you get of him because you want him to be like that so you can bash him.

and as for Canada '98, you've said yourself that the mirrors on racecars are pretty much useless, and with no marshall at the end of the pitlane waving a flag to indicate a car coming down the pit-straight, he went to the right to take his line, without knowing Frentzen was there. but we won't let that get in the way of a good old slagging, will we?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2006 02:03PM by Muks_C.
Date: October 06, 2006 01:06AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Senna was unique...you can't compare Senna to Alonso, as Alonso is hardly unique...please DON'T read "the best" when I say unique ;)
Date: October 06, 2006 01:32AM
Astro Wrote:
> anybody want to give our little friend keiran here
> spectacle cleaner fluid? that tint is getting so
> bad the poor kid will be blind as a bat soon ;)

Quite an ironic remark to make when you consider your posts trying to defend your `hero's` work of wrecking the field at Hungary ;-)

Blind from what? I don't even support Alonso but I admire what he has achieved at such a young age but Schumacher fans feel threatened by the guy, scared he is going to take Schumacher's last ever chance to win a WDC?

Fact is people are calling him crazy for something which is being blown out of context when all it was is a frustrated remark and somehow the tone of the article manages to come across as if it was full attack against the team... It's clear to me that Alonso wouldn't say that just as it's when silly remarks come out about Schumacher but believe what you like.

tripleM Wrote:
> For a guy going on about Alonso's comments being misquoted you sure are ready to do some selective quoting of your own.

I'm quoting relevant quotes for my argument. If you want to bring anything else into it then do so. The only other comment made by Alonso is he thought the team could have done more to help him, which still means nothing like `Alonso slams Renault over title sabotage`. He is a frustrated driver, probably more frustrated at the fact Schumacher has had so much more help from his team mate/s over the years where as Alonso seems to fight for himself with Fisi trailing a mile off.

Chet:

I really can't be bothered, I just can't stop laughing at your ridiculous comments. Probably going to step on someone's toes but meh, some people seem to treat Senna as if he is extanodirty. He is a racing driver with the same motives as the rest of them, I don't know why people think differently? Just because he made some `passionate` speeches?

The racing weekends aren't comparable with the one engine rule the teams have no reason to risk pushing it hard in practice where it means nothing.

I see lots of commitment in qualifying and great performances. People carrying heavier fuel loads than the others around them and hustling the car. Alonso has done lots of committed runs, Kimi has and so has Schumacher. To me your argument is that these people think they have reached perfection which is absolute rubbish and they don't even say stupid comments like that. There isn't perfection when it comes to a lap, you always find more some where.

Don't give me that crap that Senna didn't care about winning. He cared the most and I'm sure one of his `famous` quotes says something like I love racing. He wanted to win as much as anyone else if not more and he knew himself qualifying meant nothing. You can't be on pole every race and win the WDC.

Penalised, yet he continues to do very controversial things again and again no matter what happens to him. This year so far the Monaco parking and chicane cutting.

It's the way he thinks and reacts I've even heard he did it in his years of karting breaking peoples exhausts by hitting the back of them and forcing them to be DQ'd for excess noise.

@Mucks
He knew damn well fine that Frentzen was there. He actually crosses the diagonal boxed line which he shouldn't have done and he just leaves enough room as to not hit Frentzen. Had he not seen him he'd have just hit the side of him ;-)

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
www.vMaxSR.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2006 01:38AM by keiran.
Date: October 06, 2006 02:12AM
Posted by: Astro
keiran Wrote:
> Quite an ironic remark to make when you consider
> your posts trying to defend your `hero's` work of
> wrecking the field at Hungary ;-)
>
> Blind from what? I don't even support Alonso but I
> admire what he has achieved at such a young age
> but Schumacher fans feel threatened by the guy,
> scared he is going to take Schumacher's last ever
> chance to win a WDC?
>

blind from your delusion ;) as that guy muks told, you only are making up what you want to hear/believe. you were making fun of some others guys post, but it is quite ironic that your posts have been the most laughable thus far. but have to thank you for the entertainment, but think you should go back to driving the mini carts kid, and leave the discussions to those with clean spectacles ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2006 02:13AM by Astro.
Date: October 06, 2006 02:44AM
Posted by: Slash
> He knew damn well fine that Frentzen was there. He
> actually crosses the diagonal boxed line which he
> shouldn't have done and he just leaves enough room
> as to not hit Frentzen. Had he not seen him he'd
> have just hit the side of him ;-)
>
>

>
> Keiran

You were allowed to cross that line, there was no rule against it
Date: October 06, 2006 03:42AM
Posted by: danm
lol sam michael swearing in that clip haha!

anyone make a translation?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: October 06, 2006 07:50AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
chet Wrote:

> And Jap said Alonso reminded him of Senna... a
> form of comparison, read. but he didnt mean it
> like that.. i just question y he would say it at
> all ;)

Eh? It's Jagd if you want the short form of my nick shet, not Jap.

Why would I say Alonzo reminds me of Senna? Easy. Both were/are prima donnas, both did/do think the world revolves around them, both did/do have legions of blind fans who support them no matter what their faults might be.

Being a Button fan you should understand what mindless fanboy support is all about...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: October 06, 2006 08:27AM
Posted by: Ali
"...Both were/are prima donnas, both did/do think the world revolves around them, both did/do have legions of blind fans who support them no matter what their faults might be...."
This can be also applied to MSchumacher.
Date: October 06, 2006 08:54AM
Posted by: chet
hehe.
:)
hmm ok jap :D ermm i have no idea where that came from but w/e.

once again youve missed the point in a pathetic attempt to make it look like your trying to understand.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 06, 2006 11:39AM
Posted by: mikef1
Jagdpanzer Wrote:
> mikef1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > Again Jagd you show that you know little about
> > Senna.
>
> Senna is not MY God.....

Lol! He sure isn't mine either! I know you dislike Senna and have your own reasons for that, much like forum poster Senna doesn't like Schumacher, but you stated some incorrect facts as truth. I was a big fan of Prost and Mansell during the 80's and 90's too you know, not just Senna.

"Why would I say Alonzo reminds me of Senna? Easy. Both were/are prima donnas, both did/do think the world revolves around them, both did/do have legions of blind fans who support them no matter what their faults might be."

Senna, Alonso AND Schumacher have a lot in common then.
Date: October 06, 2006 11:42AM
Posted by: LS.
Fernando Alonso expressed his surprise at the media furore surrounding his comments in Thursday’s press conference and stressed that there were no problems between him and Renault.

In a team statement released after free practice for the Japanese Grand Prix, the world champion denied that he had fallen out with Renault after saying he had felt “abandoned” by Giancarlo Fisichella and the team twice this season.

“I was surprised by the strong reaction to what I said yesterday in the press conference,” he said.

“I expressed very clearly that these were only my personal feelings, and that I completely understand and accept the team’s decisions.

“Last night, I explained that to the team and to Fisi, and there is no problem.”

Alonso went on to emphasise Renault’s sense of unity ahead of a crucial championship weekend in Suzuka, adding that everyone in the team was determined to ensure that both driver and constructor titles were retained.

“Every single person at Renault is fighting to the maximum to win the championship,” he said.

“I don’t know what people see from the outside, but within the team, we have a fantastic atmosphere right now.

“And we are determined to come out on top

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 06, 2006 12:41PM
Astro Wrote:
> blind from your delusion ;) as that guy muks told,
> you only are making up what you want to
> hear/believe. you were making fun of some others
> guys post, but it is quite ironic that your posts
> have been the most laughable thus far. but have to
> thank you for the entertainment, but think you
> should go back to driving the mini carts kid, and
> leave the discussions to those with clean
> spectacles ;)

Again very ironic, read your posts trying to defend Schumacher at all costs, particularly the Hungary GP ones. Ferrari red tinted glasses? ;)

Making up? It's come from a more solid source than believing F1-live, the place that posts any old crap to make a story. As I've said as a Schumacher fan you should know not to believe the media when it doesn't sound right ;-)

Mini carts? What are they? Never heard of them before.

@Slash
You were allowed to cross that line, there was no rule against it

You weren't allowed to ram others off the road ;-) The way Schumacher leaves the pits he knows damn well fine that the Williams is there and was about to challenge him down into T1 thus he only leaves enough room so he doesn't hit Frentzen but puts him off the road.

vMax.Keiran
www.vMaxSR.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2006 12:46PM by keiran.
Date: October 06, 2006 01:41PM
Posted by: Muks_C
danm Wrote:
> lol sam michael swearing in that clip haha!
>
> anyone make a translation?

i didn't see Sam Michael, he was at Jordan in '98. Do you mean Jock Clear, the bald guy?

@ Keiran, MS didn't "ram" HHF off, they didn't touch. and how can you say "he knew he was there"? were you proficient in telepathy back in 1998 as it happened? how old were you then, 5?

i know MS is good, but didn't know he was so good that he could orchestrate a pit-exit where he sweeps across the track to go within a couple of inches of a car coming from behind at a speed of 150+ mph, and not make contact but put the other guy off the road.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy