Piquet Jnr to test for Renault

Posted by danm 
Piquet Jnr to test for Renault
Date: September 15, 2006 01:46PM
Posted by: danm
SOURCE: [www.pitpass.com]

Piquet will make Renault test debut next week

Nelson Piquet Jr. (right) will make his testing debut for Renault next week at Silverstone.
After being announced as a 2007 Renault F1 Team test driver prior to last week's Italian Grand Prix, Nelsinho Piquet (as he is known in Brazil to distinguish him from his three-time world champion father) will get his first taste of the Renault F1 R26 next week at Silverstone during the final test of the 2006 season. Nelsinho will be driving alongside 2007 Renault F1 Team race driver Heikki Kovalainen.
2006 GP2 Series runner-up Piquet will participate in all three days of the Silverstone test, acclimatising himself to the Renault car, to the team and to its working methods. Although weather forecasts currently remain unpredictable for next week, should conditions allow he will also begin working on the team's technical development programmes.
Prior to driving the car for the first time, Nelsinho today made his first visit to the team's Enstone base to conduct a seat fitting, learn about the car, and meet the team.
Commenting on the prospect of his first test with the F1 world champions, he said: "I am really looking forward to my first test next week with Renault. I like Silverstone very much and I have driven there a lot so it's good that I don't have to worry about learning the track, I can just focus on the car. I am happy that I am getting three full days of testing because it will be more car time than any other F1 car I've driven, and I am looking forward to driving a front-running car like the R26 for the first time. It will be a great chance to learn as much as I can and get to know everybody at the team."

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Re: Piquet Jnr to test for Renault
Date: September 15, 2006 06:08PM
Posted by: bestobritish
cool im going to be there on thursday!

Oh and rumour has it Hamilton will test for mclaren alongside Pedro at silverstone as well!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: September 15, 2006 07:20PM
Posted by: gareth
damn you!

you can pop out your front doors and see F1 cars running around!
Date: September 15, 2006 08:26PM
Posted by: danm
yeah hamilton and piquet will be there both setting 3 days worth of testing and laps.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: September 15, 2006 09:12PM
Posted by: Team CLR
Wow, great opprotunities for both those drivers to make their mark, and in top cars as well!

Date: September 16, 2006 01:25AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Bleh...I'm keeping my fingers crossed so that Piquet gets nowhere in Formula 1. Hid father was a great pilot, but I don't like him, and his son is a lot like him...so I don't like him either. I'll wait for Bruno Senna to get in F1, thank you very much ;)
Date: September 16, 2006 01:30AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
I on the other hand am keeping MY fingers crossed that Piquet Jr. is lightning quick in his tests and becomes a major star in F1. Piquet Sr. never got the respect he deserved, maybe Jr. can help correct that!

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: September 16, 2006 01:37AM
I doubt it. Piquet Jr has the same level of arrogance and stupidity that his father had. I'm hoping someone will see the light...Either way, all I'm saying, is that I won't support him. There are other brazillian driver more deserving of respect then he is.
Date: September 16, 2006 02:03AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Nelson Sr is a jackass ;)
Date: September 16, 2006 02:37AM
Guimengo Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Nelson Sr is a jackass

Exatcly ;)
Date: September 17, 2006 07:02PM
Posted by: J i m
Piquet did a couple of tests at the same time as Rosberg in the Williams a couple of years ago. Williams were much more impressed with Rosberg.

As for Bruno, despite having done pretty well for his complete lack of karting history etc, he has almost certianly failed to win the Brit F3 championship this year. Piquet won it at a canter some years ago.
Re: Piquet Jr to test for Renault
Date: September 17, 2006 08:44PM
Posted by: mfm73
Each one is different of the other. Exactly being father and son, I believe that Nelsinho cannot lead obtains the bad fame of the father and the negative opinions that the torcedores have of its father. We go to wait to see...

Chacun est différent de l'autre. Même en étant père et fils, je crois que Nelsinho ne peut pas le prendre la mauvaise renommée du père et les avis négatifs qui les tordeurs ont de leur père. Nous allons attendre pour voir...

Cada um é diferente do outro. Mesmo sendo pai e filho, creio que Nelsinho não pode levar consigo a má fama do pai e as opiniões negativas que os torcedores tem de seu pai.

Vamos esperar para ver...
Date: September 17, 2006 08:54PM
J I M, if I recall correctly Nico had had previous experience with the Williams while Nelsinho never drove a F1 car before. And I remember Nelsinho was quickest in 2 or 3 practices
Date: September 17, 2006 10:39PM
Posted by: kizz360
gui they both tested for williams bmw, but they gave rosberg more tests after being impressed by him the most

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2006 10:40PM by kizz360.
Date: September 17, 2006 11:59PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Nelson Piquet. Both Snr and Jnr i dont like.
I dont care if Piquet Jnr does well at all.
Date: September 18, 2006 12:03AM
Kizz I know they both tested it, I never said otherwise ;)
Date: September 18, 2006 11:43AM
Posted by: Muks_C
Guimengo Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> J I M, if I recall correctly Nico had had previous experience with the
> Williams while Nelsinho never drove a F1 car before. And I remember
> Nelsinho was quickest in 2 or 3 practices

looks like you did Gui ;)

or did you mean that at the point when Nico had his 1st test, Piquet hadn't yet driven an F1 car?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 18, 2006 12:52PM
Posted by: marcl
well there were so many stories about the piquet car in f3 that it was illegal.

and in gp2 we was there for 2 years and still did not win the championship.

Piquet never got that much respect in f1 due to the fact he was rude to just about everyone
Date: September 18, 2006 02:31PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Piquet jr. isnt that special or fast ...Rosberg and Kovalainen were in different league in gp2 2005 ...Piquet was no were near of them ...and he was always crying when he retired :) Williams also choosed Rosberg over Piquet because Rosberg was faster and gave much better feedback to the team.
Date: September 18, 2006 04:15PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Didn't follow F1 when Nelson Sr. drove, but I've always wondered why the Brazilians preferred Senna over him. In my readings Piquet seemed no more manipulative or hot headed than Senna was, in many cases actually less so, and I've heard stories that when he drove for Benetton he was loved by the team as he always took care of his mechanics and looked after the guys.

Maybe the rudeness Piquet supposedly showed others was really the exact same attitude Senna showed, but for some reason Nelson Sr. was viewed as "rude" while Senna was viewed as "passionate"?

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy