The FIA conspirancy?

Posted by marcl 
Re: The FIA conspirancy?
Date: September 14, 2006 11:04PM
Posted by: tripleM
[www.sportnetwork.net]

Good one for a giggle.

I believe that it was the same guy who wrote it. ;-)

Date: September 15, 2006 02:13AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I hope Alonso wins the championship this year, Schumi isn't deserving anymore
Date: September 15, 2006 06:08AM
Posted by: zymolguy
Reminds me of '94 when the FIA tried everything to get Damon Hill to beat Schumacher. Two race ban

for ignoring a black flag?? Too much plank wear at Spa, illegal launch control, etc. Not much

different really is it?? Flabio was all for it then, now he cries. Many people thought conspiracy

then too. The situation was different, but still they tried.
Date: September 15, 2006 07:33AM
Posted by: marcl
nice one tripleM lol there he said the fia on renaults side lol
Date: September 15, 2006 09:53AM
Posted by: jbnd05
It DOES seem like there have been a few too many coincidences and the chicane rule is disgraceful. We need higher kerbing on the chicanes.
Date: September 15, 2006 10:23AM
Posted by: marcl
just need to get rid of chicanes and make some nice corners in there place like silverstone did.

chicanes are there for one reason to slow cars down and create over taking but they could do the same with a corner.

I am not a track designer so dont ask me how and people will say there is not enough space
Date: September 15, 2006 10:25AM
Posted by: Muks_C
zymolguy Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Reminds me of '94 when the FIA tried everything to get Damon Hill to
> beat Schumacher. Two race ban
>
> for ignoring a black flag?? Too much plank wear at Spa, illegal launch
> control, etc. Not much
>
> different really is it?? Flabio was all for it then, now he cries.
> Many people thought conspiracy
>
> then too. The situation was different, but still they tried.

i agree here about Flav, like i said earlier, when he was doing supposedly dodgy stuff WITH MS, he was all for it, but now it's happening against him, he's obviously against it.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 15, 2006 10:32PM
Posted by: keiran
FIA changes 'blocking' rule
Formula 1’s governing body has modified the controversial ‘blocking’ rule that triggered such a furore at last weekend’s Italian Grand Prix.

World champion Fernando Alonso was demoted from fifth to 10th on the Monza grid after he was deemed to have impeded Felipe Massa during qualifying – even though the stewards accepted he may not have done so intentionally.

The penalty incensed Renault and prompted Alonso to declare that he no longer considered F1 a sport.

FIA president Max Mosley defended the decision on the basis of the existing regulations but said there may need to be a rethink of what counted as impeding a rival.

Now, in a memo to the teams seen by ITV-F1.com, FIA race director Charlie Whiting has said he will no longer refer all complaints of blocking to the stewards – only those that he judges to be blatant and deliberate.

“Complaints that a driver has been impeded during qualifying will no longer be referred to the stewards of the meeting,” he wrote.

“Only in cases where it appears to race control that there has been a clear and deliberate attempt to impede another driver will the stewards be asked to intervene.”

But Whiting made it clear that he was unimpressed by Renault’s public reaction to the penalty, which included suggestions that the FIA was institutionally biased in favour of Ferrari.

“We now feel it is pointless for the stewards to engage in long and painstaking enquiries if competitors ignore clear scientific evidence and instead abuse the regulator,” he wrote.

Taking the piss or what. Fact is FIA it took a public reaction to get your attention, the least you can do is apologise publicly to Renault/Alonso for wrongly accusing them of `blocking` and affecting there race chances hugely. The amount of money a GP team will pay the FIA in entry fee alone will be stupidly high, yet alone on everything else and this is how the FIA say `sorry`.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2006 10:34PM by keiran.
Date: September 16, 2006 08:27AM
Posted by: Nickv
IMO the whole FIA should be fired. They're a bunch of jackasses. There is always a team being favoured (Ferrari atm) and one team is being shitted on (Renault atm). They change rules every year to save costs, but the costs get higher due all the new components the teams have to make. The average IQ of the FIA is lower than the one from a shrimp. How can they possibly run a sport then?
Date: September 16, 2006 11:55AM
Posted by: Lemming
keiran Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> FIA changes 'blocking' rule
> Formula 1’s governing body has modified the controversial
> ‘blocking’ rule that triggered such a furore at last weekend’s
> Italian Grand Prix.
>
> World champion Fernando Alonso was demoted from fifth to 10th on the
> Monza grid after he was deemed to have impeded Felipe Massa during
> qualifying – even though the stewards accepted he may not have done
> so intentionally.
>
> The penalty incensed Renault and prompted Alonso to declare that he no
> longer considered F1 a sport.
>
> FIA president Max Mosley defended the decision on the basis of the
> existing regulations but said there may need to be a rethink of what
> counted as impeding a rival.
>
> Now, in a memo to the teams seen by ITV-F1.com, FIA race director
> Charlie Whiting has said he will no longer refer all complaints of
> blocking to the stewards – only those that he judges to be blatant
> and deliberate.
>
> “Complaints that a driver has been impeded during qualifying will no
> longer be referred to the stewards of the meeting,” he wrote.
>
> “Only in cases where it appears to race control that there has been
> a clear and deliberate attempt to impede another driver will the
> stewards be asked to intervene.”
>
> But Whiting made it clear that he was unimpressed by Renault’s
> public reaction to the penalty, which included suggestions that the
> FIA was institutionally biased in favour of Ferrari.
>
> “We now feel it is pointless for the stewards to engage in long and
> painstaking enquiries if competitors ignore clear scientific evidence
> and instead abuse the regulator,” he wrote.

>
> Taking the piss or what. Fact is FIA it took a public reaction to get
> your attention, the least you can do is apologise publicly to
> Renault/Alonso for wrongly accusing them of `blocking` and affecting
> there race chances hugely. The amount of money a GP team will pay the
> FIA in entry fee alone will be stupidly high, yet alone on everything
> else and this is how the FIA say `sorry`.
>

That bit there confuses me. They've gone to all this trouble to release a statement saying that Alonso did nothing wrong, then said he was wrong to appeal against the decision.

Date: September 16, 2006 02:54PM
Because the statement didn't say that Aloso did nothing wrong. Simple as that.

Date: September 16, 2006 03:02PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Of course it admits Alonso done nothing wrong. If they felt the whole thing was justified they wouldnt be changing anything at all. They know they screwed this up.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 16, 2006 03:19PM
They are changing it because they don't want the "OMG, Alonso couldn't have possibly cost Massa time, i've seen it on TV with my own eyes and don't need no frigging telemetry to know it" crowd to continue to abuse them.

Date: September 16, 2006 03:25PM
No. The FIA take alot of abuse over alot of things, and have done for years and have never bowed down and changed the rules for them at all. Why would they start now? Unless of course they were actually wrong...

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 16, 2006 03:50PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Is it just the way I'm interpreting the F.I.A.statement?

To me that statement says Race Control will make the descisions, and the Stewards will decide a penalty, and there will be nothing the teams can say about.

I've only read the statements posted on these threads, so forgive me if I've mis-understood something. But to me they are'nt changing the rule, they are changing the process of how situations will be handled, to avoid messy press comments from competitors.

Cheers.

Date: September 16, 2006 04:36PM
Posted by: Muks_C
they are changing the rule.

they're saying that only if we can see one driver deliberately block another driver will anything be done about it.

cases like Massa/Alonso where only telemetry could prove it one way or another, will be ignored, because they (the FIA) feel they'll only get abuse from all other teams, despite the scientific evidence (telemetry) proving they were correct.

(i don't believe they got it right though, i agree they just changed the rule cos they were wrong, and used the abuse from the teams as an excuse for the change)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 16, 2006 06:13PM
Posted by: chrislewis
The FIA take alot of abuse over alot of things, and have done for years and have never bowed down and changed the rules for them at all

I don't follow this stuff closely but you are wrong.

Didn't they change the way penalties were handed out during a race compared to afterwards? They did, no need to answer.

Why would they start now? Unless of course they were actually wrong...

As above, thay didn't start now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2006 06:18PM by chrislewis.
Date: September 16, 2006 09:33PM
Didn't they change the way penalties were handed out during a race compared to afterwards? They did, no need to answer.

They changed the way penalites were handed out due to inconsitant calls from different race stewards every week.

My point stands. All this does is admit they screwed this oen up big time, pissed off alot of people and wont admit they did screw it up.

Not that it actually matters because in typical FIA form, its all political, badly worded crap. By definitian of the English dictionary, and the FIA Sporting Regulations, Massa was never ever blocked. Using the FIAs own rule book, no blocking happened. So this doesnt even address what actually happened, this addresses direct blocking.

Secondly, it leaves completelty open the definitian of intentional. Alonso stayed on track infront of Massa on purpose. But he didnt delbratly cause harm to Massa, So what is intentional.

All this rule change is is the FIA pretending to right a wrong that pissed off alot of people, but leaving it vauge enough that they can screw with it as much as they want in the future.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 16, 2006 11:06PM
You haven't actually read the rule book, have you?

I mean it's impossible to come up with this having actually done so.

"Not that it actually matters because in typical FIA form, its all political, badly worded crap. By definitian of the English dictionary, and the FIA Sporting Regulations, Massa was never ever blocked. Using the FIAs own rule book, no blocking happened. So this doesnt even address what actually happened, this addresses direct blocking.

Secondly, it leaves completelty open the definitian of intentional. Alonso stayed on track infront of Massa on purpose. But he didnt delbratly cause harm to Massa, So what is intentional."

Date: September 16, 2006 11:45PM
I have. Many times over many years.

This rule change is just bull.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy