The Michael Schumacher thread

Posted by LS. 
Re: The Michael Schumacher thread
Date: September 03, 2006 10:39PM
Posted by: mikef1
That I'd like to see. I hope that if Schumi throws in the towel he will do something other than sit around in his castle in Switzerland, DTM would be a good series for him to compete in if he wants to.
Date: September 04, 2006 12:56AM
Posted by: marcl
dunno what he will do but i dont think he will race, maybe he will take a year off like mika did
Date: September 04, 2006 12:59AM
Posted by: Ferrari_Enzo
mika didn't take a year off he never returned ;)
Date: September 04, 2006 01:19AM
Posted by: Karan
im going to go with the anticlimatic prediction and say that Ferrari will re-sign both Schumacher and Massa to one year and two year extensions respectively ;-)

Date: September 04, 2006 03:31AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
That leaves Kimi at McLaren? Have no problem with that, although McLaren will probably suck next year again, and they won't win anything ;)
Date: September 04, 2006 06:51AM
Posted by: IWE
Karan Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> im going to go with the anticlimatic prediction and say that Ferrari
> will re-sign both Schumacher and Massa to one year and two year
> extensions respectively
>
>
>

First smart post about Ferrari's 2007-2008 drivers what I have readed in many days!! Thx!!

Kimi can continue at McLaren, beeing wannabee motocross driver or do that what he wants most: "party" and drink.. I dont care.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: September 04, 2006 10:09AM
I have to agree with what some people are saying this year kimi does seem to not be on it like in other years maybe his life outside the sport is affecting him like it did button.

Yes the mclaren aint the best car but there have been far more accidents this year than other years i know alot have been 1st lap one and not really his fault but alot of drivers have said that in sepang he backed off, usa he backed off and turkey he backed off
Date: September 04, 2006 10:20AM
Posted by: chet
Kimi is fine lol.
His Hockenhiem performance was awsome! and no doubt he would have troubled Button at Turkey.

1bad race, and 1 retirement in a row doesnt mean someones off.

and why would a driver back off, for what reason? ;-)

accidents are a chain reactions, kimi has only been a link in the chain ;-)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2006 10:20AM by chet.
Date: September 04, 2006 10:45AM
yes i know but as a kimi fan i just dont feel he has been at the same level all year like he normally is have thought that from the start of the year.

Yes germany was a great drive considering the problems he had as well
Date: September 04, 2006 10:56AM
and considering he did 3 stop, right?

Hungary was poor, everyone knows that,

Magny - he finished 15odd seconds ahead of dlr, average.

Indy - lol

Canada he did very well, but wasnt their pit problems? he has fastest lap.

Silverstone 46 seconds ahead of JPM.

Monaco, you know.

Spain, Mclaren consider it one of his best races.

Nurb - right behind Massa, he finished 4th.

San marino - poor, beaten by JPM.

Australia - a nice race, 2nd 2seconds behind FA

Malaysia - accident :P

Bahrain - 3rd from 22nd.

You know I would even go as far as saying this is Kimis best season. There has been nothing wrong with him at all.

Date: September 04, 2006 11:01AM
Posted by: mikef1
Yep, Kimi has driven brilliantly in a mediocre car this year. He must be feeling very frustrated after nearly winning the championship last year and struggling even to get one race win this year.
Date: September 04, 2006 11:11AM
i actually think his best year was 2003 and 2004. 2005 was good in the best car.

It just my view that this year has not been his best yes there have been some great drives but just dont think he has been totally focused.

But yes could be as no matter what he does the car aint up to it and he should be winning races

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2006 11:12AM by marcl.
Date: September 04, 2006 11:15AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Yes Kimi has been great this year, his performances have been good when compared to his team mates,yes he has had few accidents but none of them are his fault.And no matter what Karan and IWE says Kimi will be a Ferrari driver most likely with Massa.
Date: September 04, 2006 11:29AM
yes i agree with that ferrari will be kimi and massa
Date: September 04, 2006 11:47AM
Last year, Kimi showed us what he was capable of in a winning, but not finishing car.

Hmm.. im still not sure bout the drives.

something tells me michael is staying, but then with Kimi, and who knows where Massa will go, but then tbh, Ferrari wont give a hoot will they about Massa aslong as they get imo the best driver lineup seen in F1, aside from Senna-Prost.

Date: September 04, 2006 12:50PM
i just dont think ms wants kimi he wants massa and this is probably the 1st time ferrari have not done what he wants.

Anyway in less than a week we might know
Date: September 04, 2006 01:52PM
Posted by: villafan
I have a sneaky feeling Schumi is going to anounce retirement this weekend. I think if he was totaly commited to driving next year he would have said so long ago. So it will be kimi and Massa team mates next year as far as i can see. Could be a good battle if they get equal number one status.
Date: September 04, 2006 02:03PM
Posted by: Damas
There will be no battle. Kimi will demolish Massa. Kimi is (IMO) possible the most naturaly gifted driver to ever grace a race track. His speed is phonomenal. I have been watching F1 for around 20 odd years now and he produces performances which I have only ever seen on rare occasion. Massa on the other hand will only ever be good enough for the mid field. Don't get me wrong he shows flashes of speed but so did HHF.
Date: September 04, 2006 02:22PM
many people have said that turn 8 in turkey kimi was on a different planet from the rest in practise and quali.

I think massa is doing a good job as of late and has earned the 2nd ferrari seat but it does go to prove u can put a 2nd rate driver in the best car and they can win races.
Date: September 04, 2006 02:26PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Damas Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> There will be no battle. Kimi will demolish Massa. Kimi is (IMO)
> possible the most naturaly gifted driver to ever grace a race track.
> His speed is phonomenal. I have been watching F1 for around 20 odd
> years now and he produces performances which I have only ever seen on
> rare occasion. Massa on the other hand will only ever be good enough
> for the mid field. Don't get me wrong he shows flashes of speed but so
> did HHF.

I agree with you :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy