The Michael Schumacher thread

Posted by LS. 
Re: The Michael Schumacher thread
Date: August 17, 2006 05:13PM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
i agree 100% with jv, and its true that his fans have a clouded mind. when i started watching f1, i was stupid enough to go for the guy winning (schumacher at that time), and took me a few years to realise that he is a complete jerkoff, and it wasnt the smartest thing to jump onto the winners band wagon. i cant wait to he leaves f1, we have seen races like last year at suzuka, where he isnt at the front, and the race was 100 times better then any of his wins, f1 will be better when he leaves. but i suspect he will stay next year, cos bridgestone tyres will make it easy for him, and that seems to be the way he likes to win, without a fight, cos when he does have to fight, hes rubbish, like last week at hungaroring (hit fisichella to break his own wing, jumped chicane and cuttoff delarosa(very dangerous and unsporstman), spun, and then retired when yet again he collided with someone in wheel to wheel).
Date: August 17, 2006 05:23PM
Posted by: Nickv
and its true that his fans have a clouded mind

Can't agree more. Not all of his fans of course, but a big amout of them see MS as someone who can't do anything wrong. But then, some Senna fans have the same, but it's about MS now :P
Date: August 17, 2006 05:40PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ Adam, have you seen any of his awesome races like Hungary '98, Barcelona '96, Monaco and Spa '97? even if you don't like the guy (which you obviously do) can you not see what good things he has done in his career? or will you forever moan about Adelaide '94, Jerez '97? you say his fans have clouded minds for forgiving him for everything (i don't), but people like you have clouded minds the other way, hating him no matter what he has done or does now. i bet if he gave away all his money to charity and went to live in a tent, you'd find some reason to complain about that.

as for JV's comments, fair enough, that's his opinion, but i doubt MS will be so easily forgotten as he suggests. JV himself will be forgotten far quicker than MS will, IMO.

@ Nick, yes some MS fans see him as someone who can do no wrong, but Senna fans seem to be even worse, they see their hero as a God, which obviously he wasn't.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2006 05:48PM by Muks_C.
Date: August 17, 2006 05:48PM
Posted by: marcl
as a few mates have said name a great pass that MS has done?

We can all name some from mansell, jv, senna, berger, dc, alonso, kimi and others.

But we really can not think of any from MS. Am sure there has been 1 or 2.

This is not having a go at MS btw as most of his races have been from the front.
Date: August 17, 2006 06:01PM
Posted by: J i m
Nurburgring 1995. On Alesi at the chicane.
Date: August 17, 2006 06:06PM
yep remember that one, that was a good race and yes he passed someone
Date: August 17, 2006 06:10PM
Posted by: tripleM
"and yes he passed someone"

That actually made me laugh out loud.

Date: August 17, 2006 06:17PM
whoops did not mean it to sound like that lol he has passed a number of people. As i said we just can not remember a great move.

Any one remember Alan Jones on the bbc 1995 australian gp when alesi turned into ms half way down the str8 that was funny.
Date: August 17, 2006 06:43PM
Posted by: vbc
mikef1 Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Lol! Are you sure he's not one of the posters on this forum!

Who knows ;)

As usually I do not agree with some JV's comments, because MS is not going to be forgot, as TripleM said: "Success and controversy", people will remember him for the good and bad things.

There is one point I agree though:

And the sad thing is that, of course, the fans accept it - they swear black is white, in fact - just so that they can go on respecting the sport they love. And Michael takes advantage of that loyalty

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: August 17, 2006 07:45PM
Posted by: LS.
JV wont be forgotten for two reasons

1 he is gilles son

2 he is a world champion

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 17, 2006 08:06PM
Posted by: anze89
we have seen races like last year at suzuka, where he isnt at the front, and the race was 100 times better then any of his wins

IIRC he was fighting in a bad car against FA and KR and that made the race interesting.

as a few mates have said name a great pass that MS has done?

Last year in brazil against GF

Date: August 17, 2006 08:10PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
JV is bitter. MS will be remembered alot more than JV will be remembered.
MS will be remembered for all he has done good and bad. Why is it that he alone has his own thread on this forum? says something tbh
Date: August 17, 2006 08:10PM
Posted by: The _F1_Lunatic
He also through it up the inside of Alesi at La Source - Spa '97.

Date: August 17, 2006 08:15PM
and he overtook JV in the pouring rain at Barcelona '96 on his way to taking his 1st ferrari win IIRC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2006 08:15PM by Muks_C.
Date: August 17, 2006 08:49PM
Posted by: mikef1
I remember Spa '95 as one of his best races for overtaking, he used to do it more at Benetton than at Ferrari but he did a good job overtaking in Monaco this year.

@Muks tbh the Schumi fan boys are just as bad as the Senna ones from what i've read. They both can't see fault with either which is stupid.
Date: August 17, 2006 09:03PM
i know they are both bad, but Senna (i mean Ayrton, not the forum member :)) seems to get away with it cos he is seen as some sort of God so the fanboyism is somewhat accepted, yet the MS fanboys are not tolerated to the same degree.

Date: August 17, 2006 09:04PM
Posted by: tripleM
Oh, please not the "who has the purest piss" contest.

Date: August 17, 2006 09:06PM
Posted by: Nickv
I don't accept it at all. But I do think Ayrton became greater because of his death. Was Senna before his death already so God-ish, or did it really come after his death? I was only 4 at the time Senna died, so I don't really know.
Date: August 17, 2006 09:08PM
he was a very spiritual man, and a hero for his whole country, so i think he was already a legend and god before his death, but dying just elevated him to an even greater level.

Date: August 17, 2006 09:16PM
Posted by: mikef1
No, he was really popular before he death and was already considered the best of all time by many, but his death created the "God" like status that some super fanboys consider him to be.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy