German GP Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: German GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: August 01, 2006 12:32AM
Posted by: barbos
Senna wrote: "so he's just another crap driver who got it because he was in the right time at the right place."

Funny, I wrote exactly the same before. (page 10 at beginning...)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: August 01, 2006 01:09AM
Posted by: LS.
Muks_C Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> @ LS, but if MS had driven in those days knowing he could easily be
> killed, he probably wouldn't drive like that, would he?
>

thats the whole point though, he probably wouldnt have been as sucessfull with his 7 championships if he hadnt resorted to his infamous tactics.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 01, 2006 01:50AM
Posted by: matt3454
and if he had the crash at silverstone in earlier years he most definatly would not have got all 7 championships

Date: August 01, 2006 03:04AM
Posted by: Astro
lol @ this become one more schumacher bashing thread (what a surprise)
you guys should enjoy the close championship fight we are getting instead of moan and bitch about pilots you dont like. and LS why you are keep throwing hissy fits just because williams crapped out again and scored another duck?
Date: August 01, 2006 04:26AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
^^^^Agreed. I'm just glad we'll have an interesting end of season.
Date: August 01, 2006 04:56AM
Posted by: Slash
chet Wrote:
> Indeed.
>
> Thats why I appreciate MS so much.. to stay on top he has to change
> his style.
>
>

WELL SAID CHET!

i rate Jochen Rindt better than anybody, but then againg, we dind't get to see much of him, did we?
Date: August 01, 2006 06:10AM
Posted by: vbc
Trying to get back to the topic...

Half of the race was much better than the other, Kimi for sure was the driver of the day, making the first overtaking move for a podium posicion after a long time, I do not know if Alonso passign the Nascar driver in Turkey lasy year counts as overtake ;)

Nice to see that the championship is getting better, but I woul not like a cheater to win the title ;)

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: August 01, 2006 07:28AM
Posted by: zymolguy
thats the whole point though, he probably wouldnt have been as sucessfull with his 7 championships if he hadnt resorted to his infamous tactics.

he would only have 5 then. what a crap driver. funny no one mentions DC always having to move
over for Hakkinen. I guess it's okay for legend Senna to try and kill Prost to win the championship
in suzuka. that's ok. He might not have been so successful with his infamous tactics either.
Date: August 01, 2006 07:36AM
Posted by: Slash
NICE GUYS FINISH LAST
Date: August 01, 2006 11:19AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
I dunno what you're on Slash, but I'd stop taking it cos it aint doing you any favours

You can't compare drivers from different times, Clarke was awesome, Senna was awesome, MS is awesome I'll admit, although his "win at all costs" attitude is pathetic as we've seen previously, particularly Monaco this year. The only comparison there is, is that they are all great drivers and have their own style and we're able to adapt to any given situation. That's what makes a driver great imo
Date: August 01, 2006 11:56AM
Posted by: Muks_C
zymolguy Wrote:
>LS wrote: thats the whole point though, he probably wouldnt have been as
> sucessfull with his 7 championships if he hadnt resorted to his
> infamous tactics.

>
> he would only have 5 then. what a crap driver. funny no one mentions
> DC always having to move
> over for Hakkinen. I guess it's okay for legend Senna to try and kill
> Prost to win the championship
> in suzuka. that's ok. He might not have been so successful with his
> infamous tactics either.

good post.

he would have had 6 though wouldn't he? only '94 he won with a crash. '95, '00, '01,'02,'03 and '04 didn't end with crashes. and all of them were won without any genuine help from teammates if you think about it. in austria '02 Rubens gave him the extra 4 points for the win instead of 2nd, but he won it by over 30 or 40 points anyway, austria '01 he was given 2nd instead of 3rd by rubens so only gained 2 points, yet won the title by a huge margin anyway.

the rear-gunner action we saw from rubens and irvine and now massa is expected, it's a team sport, and is exactly the same thing Alonso wants from Fisi, and Kimi wanted from JPM (despite him saying otherwise).

yes MS always wants the comfort zone of having an inferior teammate, but who wouldn't? do you really think Alonso and Kimi would want each other to be in the same team as them, where they have to fight against each other instead of fighting against other teams? no, of course they wouldn't, although publicly they don't say that. they both would want to have an inferior teammate so they can lead the team and take all the wins and the title.

Alonso has already had that and could take 2 titles with an inferior teammate, whereas Kimi had a stronger teammate in JPM who took a few wins, but he (Kimi) was let down by the car so doesn't have the results to show for it.

@ Zep, maybe the "win at all costs" attitude is what separates the great drivers from the also-rans? Senna had the same attitude, yet most people look up to him, yet all Schumacher gets is grief.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 01, 2006 12:52PM
Posted by: mikef1
Senna did not have the same win at all costs attitude, his antics in Suzuka '90 were his reaction to Suzuka '89 where he got punted off by Prost and punished by the FIA. He did not try anymore dirty tricks after that episode.
I'm sure that Kimi would relish the opportunity to go against Schumi next year much like Senna did when he joined Mclaren in '88 with Prost as the acknowledged top man in the sport. Winning should be more than just driving the best car and for the best team, the best drivers relish competition involving their team mates too and they should not be afraid to go against other top drivers if they believe they are better.
Date: August 01, 2006 12:56PM
@ Zep, maybe the "win at all costs" attitude is what separates the great drivers from the also-rans? Senna had the same attitude, yet most people look up to him, yet all Schumacher gets is grief.

Mmm true I suppose, but I suppose Senna's drive was to beat who was best at the time, ie Prost, and he did so, but he did go over board in trying to beat him admittedly. But MS just seems to take it one step too far, I mean, 94, 97, 02, Monaco this year, that's quite a record, along with a couple of other incidents along the way I'm sure
Date: August 01, 2006 01:10PM
Posted by: chet
02? what did MS do?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 01, 2006 01:30PM
That's a joke isnt it? Seriously...
Date: August 01, 2006 01:43PM
Posted by: dolinseks
I dont think so, its Chet afterall... :)

Date: August 01, 2006 01:46PM
Lol, well 94, 97 and Monaco i know, but in 2002 would did MS do wrong?

I mean I cant remember anything that is related to those 3incidents.

Date: August 01, 2006 01:53PM
Posted by: Nickv
Austria.

Alonso has already had that and could take 2 titles with an inferior teammate

Alonso hasn't won it yet. I see it quite often that Alonso has two titles, but he has only one.

And why all the if'ing again? You don't get anything with 'if' and 'would have'
Date: August 01, 2006 02:11PM
Austria? lol it has no relevance to his other incidents mentioned.

Date: August 01, 2006 03:09PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Ah, you have to admire the PASSION of the anti-Schu brigade! :)

I'm more interested in the fact that Renault will be able to run thier 'suspect' mass dampners while the F.I.A. and the Marshalls work out the tech regulations, what happens if Renault win three races and THEN the part is deemed illegal?....and imagine the up-roar if Ferrari were about to embark on this action??

Cheers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy