New Rumour: Davidson and Montoya in Prodrive for 2008

Posted by calimbo 
I've heard on the radio, that Montoya and Davidson could be driving for Prodrive in 2008, starting as soon as next year as test drivers to prepare the team for it expected debut.

This is because Montoya has been given the option to test drive for McLaren next year, but after that he wouldn't have the chance to drive again. And Davidson, has a nice relationship with Dave Richards, since it's time in BAR Honda, plus he is British.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2006 07:49PM by calimbo.
bullshit

Yeah that's what i thought. Why on earth would JPM want to be a test driver for Mclaren?
Silly season ftw.

All kinds of crazy rumours will be floating around the paddock.
Hmm not as crazy as most rumours.

This is believable.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Davidson I can believe, but Montoya, I don't know..

Not too offtopic but...

Does anybody know what is FIA's criteria for accepting new teams' entries? I read somewhere that FIA received 22 entries for 2007, that being Renault, Mclaren, Ferrari, Toyota, Williams, Honda, Red Bull, BMW, Midland, STR, Super Aguri plus 11 new teams. But only Prodrive's entry was accepted.

I don't see why FIA couldn't re-introduce the pre-qualifying system, so we'd have a 26-car grid, just like the good old days.

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
At the majority of tracks, they're arent enough garages and it would cost a fortune to fix that basically. Probably other reasons as well.

I dont believe these rumours .
i don't think any self-respected team (ferrari, mclaren, renault, bmw, honda, toyota, and probably williams) would offer montoya a drive for next season.., except as a test driver...., and that would be perfect for him, to take a year away and clean up his mind...., he's currently having the worst season i've ever seen on a driver at a top team...., i think it all came down when he started thinking he was gonna be as quick as kimi and probably quicker and he realized that he's not., well kimi help him do that, and for davidson is the same thing, that would be a good option for him, he's running out of time, and with young guns comming, he better get that ride now, and prove himself in 2008 to see if he can get a top drive...

cheers
Yeah, it's like Sato. In BAR he didn't do that well after all, and now he's doing an acceptable job in a slower car. Could be the same for Montoya

You can't really judge that with such crappy team mates...
But Sato out-qualified a Williams some races ago.

...erm, that's not much either. ;)

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
some teams entered two entries eg mclaren entered drivix and fearri enter fiat to garantee places only teams i heard about were prodrive , jordan and minardi the rumours bull btw

Well as we now know, JPM is USA-bound, to play with the Rednecks and take left turns about 500 times a race...

Laters,

Montana_UK
why do they call them rednecks?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
apparently because of the sunburn from the heat in the southern states

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy