American GP Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by Nickv 
Re: American GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: July 03, 2006 11:44PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
some ppl just hate ferrari and especially ms. the race wasnt hugely exciting but it wasnt anymore boring than say spain.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: July 04, 2006 12:06AM
Posted by: marcl
the best race all year was monaco until kimi and webber went out. But there was some good racing by fissi and ms.

we just need to wait until 2008
Date: July 04, 2006 12:52AM
Posted by: RonnyF1
In my opinion, monaco was actually decent, but not the best race so far. It was exciting to watch Kimi fighting again but what was better was MS and fisi storming from the back.

Australia wasent bad, we had MS and JPM pushing very hard and very good moves by JPM. And bahrain with nico finnishing in the points after recovering was fantastic.

Indy wasent amazing but it wasent THAT boring, whoever is saying that it was very boring are obviously fans of those who crashed in the 1st lap (kimi fanboys in big part).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2006 12:59AM by RonnyF1.
Date: July 04, 2006 01:29AM
i dont really care who wins these days just wanna see a good race.

Yes i am a mclaren fan so yes i lost my main team but have got used to that over the years lol.

i did enjoy the williams, rbr and str fight that to me was the highlight of the race for so long in the race we did not even see a ferrari or renault which made a really nice change to follow the action.

but for me itv just killed the race with mistake after mistake by the stand in guy and the ads i totally hate that swift cover one. We should have been seeing replays of the 1st lap but no we had ads so had no clue what had really gone of for some time.

dunno y but brundle did not seem up for the race either.

also expect business as normal by france with alonso up front as well as kimi and ms

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2006 01:56AM by marcl.
Date: July 04, 2006 01:56AM
Posted by: Muks_C
i like the Swift Cover clips, it's the bloody looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong Honda advert that bugs me. maybe they should spend more money on their car than on a stupidly long advert, maybe they'd make some decent progress that way.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 04, 2006 02:06AM
well at least honda won a race this year against school kids with a wood model lol
Date: July 04, 2006 11:26AM
Posted by: dada
...can anyone tell aprox how many spectators ( spelling ?) were at the Indy ?

Just wanna see how the last year fiasco effect this years visits ?

Date: July 04, 2006 11:54AM
Posted by: chet
Swift cover one is funny.

Just why chickens :S lol

And its nice to the see the old B201 still being used ;)! :P I wonder who drives it.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 04, 2006 12:04PM
i thought it might have been the Jordan EJ10 (i think, from 2000), that had a very similar front wing as the Benetton. never occurred to me it might be the Benetton.

@ Dada, i don't have the figure, but it must be over 120,000 at least on race day. from here ([www.itv-f1.com]) James Allen said "This was the most successful race at Indianapolis since the first one back in 2000. The crowd was very large and passionate and they enjoyed what they saw."

Date: July 04, 2006 01:33PM
its the f1gp car i thought.

looks like this usa race was the last time we will see jpm in a mclaren if reports are right

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2006 01:37PM by marcl.
Date: July 04, 2006 01:36PM
yeah looks too narrow to be an F1.

Date: July 04, 2006 04:01PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
kimi expected to join renault for a 4 year contract by the looks of it. 4 years is a abit surprising.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: July 04, 2006 04:02PM
Posted by: Zcott
I can't believe you guys don't like the Honda advert. It's absolutely amazing. What a great piece of advertising. And totally unforgettable!

Date: July 04, 2006 06:08PM
Posted by: The _F1_Lunatic
[www.thesun.co.uk]

This reeks of Alonso's and Briatore's usual arrogance.

Date: July 04, 2006 06:26PM
Posted by: tripleM
They are right. 19 points is still a big gap with only 8 races left and i doubt that Indy was indicative of how things would look from now on.

Date: July 04, 2006 06:57PM
i think indy was a one off as well france renault will be back up there. Indy was totally against the form book bridgestone got it bang on michelin got it wrong and thats taking nothing away from ferrari
Date: July 04, 2006 07:34PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
That, plus although they are saying the gap is smaller compared to last year, is deceptive. Alonso had 25 points to Kimi, but they had 9 more races to go. The gap now is 19, but only 8 races left, so the difference is kind of the same.
Date: July 04, 2006 07:54PM
Posted by: LS.
The _F1_Lunatic Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> This reeks of Alonso's and Briatore's usual arrogance.
>
>

lol Alonso's one of the least arrogant people in the paddock, he acknowledges when he had been pushed hard by a rival and admits it,

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 04, 2006 09:17PM
Posted by: Zyklef
Indeed, Alonso seems very unarrogant and still quite a humble yet dedicated person from what I can see.

And I agree with Zcott, I love the Honda advert, such an emotive oiece of artistry. :)
Date: July 04, 2006 09:27PM
Posted by: Morbid
Not a sticky any more. Thanks for joining in. Cya in the thread for the french GP!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy