lol on "the pole crashed into me"

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Re: American GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: July 03, 2006 12:50AM
Posted by: chet
Well done to MS and Ferrari. :)

Letting MS past was nice and discreat :P

Race was shite.

DC was the only exciting bit and of course the crash.

Rubens was solid, felt he should have delivered more, but as ever he fell back in the race. Now level with JB on points, about time really considering he has finished all but one race ='/

Massa had a nice first stint.

Is this a Alonso without the attention from the team, knowing a Mclaren drive is happening?

Of course not, he just did crap.

Luizzi had a nice move :) And I guess im the only one who thinks Sato wasnt to blame?

Oooo best part of the race... grid walk, no doubt ;)

edit - I think it was Dave who said that because of the new quali format, James Allen will every @#$%& time do his best to explain...

Half way through the season and it seems to James asif no1 has watched the quali before. Every time.. he wastes a good 5mins trying to explain it.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2006 12:52AM by chet.
Date: July 03, 2006 01:10AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
lolol

the ferrari is quick no doubt. other bridgestone runners should have easily qualified ahead of the michelin runners if the apparent 1 sec ferrari were ahead by was all due to tyres. i do hope we see a great duel between alonso and ms.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: July 03, 2006 01:23AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Well, Massa had a clutch problem, but still, even if he did let Schumacher pass, I think it was the right thing to do. Michael needed those 2 extra points if he wishes to fight for the championship. And yeah, this was totally different from that time with Rubens. Back then, MS was first in the championship as oposed to now. F1 is a team sport most of the time, and it would be no surprise to see Schumacher passing Massa someway. I'm sure that if Schumacher had 20 points to spare on Alonso, this wouldn't have happened...
Date: July 03, 2006 01:24AM
Posted by: Karan
i dont know why mclaren usually always puts BOTH their drivers on heavy conservative strategies. you wouldve thought theyd learn a lesson by now, as since last year i can recall their drivers getting into several first lap incidents purely due to starting in a clogged midfield.

Date: July 03, 2006 01:34AM
Ironically it was their drivers who helped cause the incident.

There is nothing wrong with thier strategy.

They didnt have the pace to run as short as the front runners, there would have been no gain in terms of race pace, hense the reason JB was filled up, which is why I wonder why Rubens wasnt...

Date: July 03, 2006 01:40AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
McLaren was right on starting with a heavy car. Apparentely Kimi was on a 1-stop and that would've worked better for them than a 2-stop, since their car wasn't up to par here. Kimi had the start under control, but I think Montoya got excited.

Rubens was doing well in qualifying and when that happens you must make sure your performance keeps the same. You don't do that by running a heavy car on the last part of qualifying, heh.

I know this is a bit far from reality, but if you play Gp4 long enough you'll notice that sometimes you can keep your speed from qualifying into the race with a heavy fuel load and sometimes you can't. When you can't, you run light on the race. When you can, you run heavier. It's obviously not that simple in F1, but the basic principle is the same.
Date: July 03, 2006 01:47AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Ferrari will have new huge aero update for France gp according to Ross Brawn it will be so big that car could alsmost be called B-version
Date: July 03, 2006 02:00AM
So will other teams.

And its France. If it aint a Renault 1-2 then Chet will be :o

Date: July 03, 2006 02:02AM
Posted by: LS.
McLaren boss Ron Dennis refused to blame anyone for the first corner accident that took both his cars out of the United States Grand Prix.

Juan Pablo Montoya ran into the back of Kimi Raikkonen as the pack jostled through the opening turns.

Both McLarens spun and collected the cars around them - taking Jenson Button out of the race and sending Nick Heidfeld rolling through the gravel.

The stewards are planning to hold an investigation after the race, and Montoya seems the driver most likely to receive any censure.

But Dennis said that any such judgement would be unfair.

"As far as we can tell from the first scan of all the data, it was a typical chain reaction," Dennis told ITV Sport's Louise Goodman.

"Kimi got a little squeeze in the first corner and braked a little early, but in the circumstances he braked to avoid running into someone.

"Juan Pablo was keeping an eye to the right because Button was starting to close on him and bump him.

"The thing started to sequence with Juan Pablo hitting the back of Kimi, and Jenson running into the side of Juan Pablo pretty simultaneously.

"It's so easy to be critical of one's own drivers when they're involved in an accident that takes both of them out but you've got to be professional.

"It was just a squeeze on the first corner and I don't think anyone can be too criticised, it was just one of those things."

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 03, 2006 02:06AM
Posted by: LS.
If that is true & montoya had one eye on button, he wouldnt have seen kimi braking earlier that usual until it was too late.

On this occasion if JPM is found responsible i fear it may be down to his reputation preceeding him.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 03, 2006 02:07AM
Posted by: vesuvius
according to some rumours McLaren is thinking to replace Juan Pablo Montoya with Pedro De La Rosa in France .they are so fed up with Montoya who crashes too much .these are rumours but no smoke without fire ....
Date: July 03, 2006 02:12AM
Perhaps replace him with someone who is better ='/

Date: July 03, 2006 02:13AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
chet Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Rubens was solid, felt he should have delivered more, but as ever he
> fell back in the race. Now level with JB on points, about time really
> considering he has finished all but one race ='/

"Feels" Rubens should have delivered "more". "As ever, fell back in the race."

Hmmm, this I believe is how the rest of us feel about Jenson!

No, I don't want to start a argument, but what will it take for you ever to admit Rubens is outdriving and outperforming Button?

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: July 03, 2006 02:31AM
Posted by: HakkF1
Its funny how some people saying that it was a good race.
just because Mclaren retired and Ferrari won,although it was won of the most boring races i have ever seen
did u even see the grandstands afer mid race,there were 3\4 empty
at the start finish straight(except in fornt of the pits)there were no one at all.
they all left
Date: July 03, 2006 02:36AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
only boring becuase obviously your favourite team didnt make it past the first turn.
Date: July 03, 2006 02:51AM
Posted by: Team CLR
I agree with Dave and Chet, I think everyone who follows F1 has got at least quite a broad idea of how this qualifying system works, we seriously don't need to be reminded every single time.

As for the race, I know they aren't the most popular team, but I was rooting for the Midlands, and it's a pity that things worked out the way they did, because even if they didn't get any points, a solid result would have done them good. Well done to Trulli and Fisichella, they really got some well earned results. And well done to Ferrari as well!

Date: July 03, 2006 02:53AM
Posted by: mimo
whoa, montoya causes a big strike!!!
good race of rubens, but honda is a not good car during the race.
good race fo fisico too, wins alonso, congratulations!

Toro Rosso in the points!

---------------------------------------------------

Date: July 03, 2006 02:55AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
vesuvius Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> according to some rumours McLaren is thinking to replace Juan Pablo
> Montoya with Pedro De La Rosa in France .they are so fed up with
> Montoya who crashes too much .these are rumours but no smoke without
> fire ....

Montoya >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> P DLR

@HakkF1: Indinapolis Motor Speedway seats a total of 400,000 people. The F1 part alone seats around 200,000 people. about the same amount of people i believe go to Le Mans do you expect all 200,000 seats to be filled to the brim? no way in hell.

@Chet: Rubens fell back because the Honda is @#$%&. Even on a Renault bad day the Honda still isnt on par with the Renault so Rubens did as well as he could. Jenson would have fell back also and had both Mclaren and BMw's been in the race i doubt Honda would even have scored points.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy