Magician David Blaine to take up Driver Management Challenge

Posted by montana_uk 
According to ITV's "The Gravel Trap" joke article...[www.itv-f1.com]

An impossible task?

Slightly bonkers illusionist David Blaine is set to pull off his biggest feat of magic ever – by getting Canadian GP car crunchers Juan Pablo Montoya and Jacques Villeneuve new F1 contracts for 2007.

He will try to do this already very difficult task while suspended in a hermetically sealed box above the US Grand Prix paddock. (Some say that JV and JPM already live in hermetically sealed boxes in the paddock but that’s another story.)

Montoya and Villeneuve are both under pressure to impress, but after their somewhat disappointing displays during Sundays race the duo are hoping that Blaine can do what their respective managers are currently finding tricky, and secure them berths in Formula 1 for next season.

Said a spokesman for Blaine this morning: “Being encased in ice, buried alive and spending a week underwater are nothing compared to David’s latest challenge.”

He went on: “David will, while suspended in a glass box 40 feet above the paddock, not only find team bosses willing to take these two on, but he will also negotiate them their usual multi-million dollar deals and give them yet another year in Formula 1.”

Blaine’s attempt will start before first practice for the race at Indianapolis and he is confident that the deals will be done by Sunday evening – provided the duo manage to get through the race without making any more rookie mistakes...
--------

Laters,

Montana_UK
ITV must've watched a different race to the one I saw, then.
Montoya was disappointing, JV was not.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
JV seems to alwaqys crash out of his home race :-/

It weren't his fault though - ralf tried to kill him :S

H E L L O
Ralf made a mistake and got some dirt on JV's way which caused him to lose traction and blahblah BANG!
@ Gui - My eyes keep being drawn to the Brazilian in your sig...If she's at the GP, I'll book my tickets now :-)

Laters,

Montana_UK
make him drive an f1 car with low downforce setup towards the edge of a cliff and hopefully that will be the end of him.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
ITV should concentrate on improving there TV coverage after there appauling attempt at covering the Canadian GP this weekend, rather than make crap uninformed jokes about a sport they still know nothing about despite almost 10 years of coverage.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
that's twice Ralf has been dawdling around the track and caused an accident, Monaco '04 was the last time when he decided to slow down just as he got into the tunnel to let Alonso lap him, instead of stopping well before the tunnel.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Ralf should have got the orange and black flag in that race. He was a moving chicane, couldn't see the reason personally in continuing to put more laps on the car and risk damaging the chassis when points weren't to be gained :/

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
keiran Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ralf should have got the orange and black flag in that race. He was a
> moving chicane, couldn't see the reason personally in continuing to
> put more laps on the car and risk damaging the chassis when points
> weren't to be gained :/
>
>
> vMax.Keiran
> Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
> www.vMaxSR.com

Agreed

H E L L O
montana_uk Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> @ Gui - My eyes keep being drawn to the Brazilian in your sig...If
> she's at the GP, I'll book my tickets now
>

That's his uncle on the mother's side, so hands off.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Thing is, did TF know what Ralfs problem was?

Or were they driving round to find out.. doing a bit of testing as such.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
he just kept complaining that his rear tyres were worn, that's all as far as i know.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy