who is the best

Posted by assadof1 
Re: who is the best
Date: October 07, 2003 05:28AM
Posted by: marcl
1989 senna was robbed of the title taken out by Prost in Japan, and prost was to chicken to race in australia what a great world champion he was.

When MS joined benetton Piquet beat him. Senna was never ever out qualified by a team mate like MS has been. Yes MS has won more races and more champs but the only years senna had the best car was 1988, 1989,1990,1991 (for some of the year). The 1992 mclaren was a dog and still senna won in the car. Plus he also raced his team mates.

So in 4 years of having the best car senna won 3 champs and done things in the 1993 car that only he could do to me 1993 was his best season.

Senna was putting cars on pole that should not have been there berger said he could not understand where senna found the time in the car.

Post Edited (10-07-03 12:42)

Date: October 07, 2003 07:08AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
i am da best!

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: October 07, 2003 09:30AM
Posted by: Oleg
Senna was never ever out qualified by a team mate like MS has been.

Wrong,plain factually wrong.:)

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: October 07, 2003 09:43AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I don't know if he was ever out-qualified by a teammate, but his 93 car sucked, and he couldn't help improve the car because he didn't have a full year contract, only the $1 million dollar/race contract. In other words, he could have missed races if McLaren didn't want to pay him.
I think I need someone's help to explain this...

Date: October 07, 2003 09:54AM
Erm,Gordon Murray and Ron Dennis called the 1993 car the best chassis they have ever produced.Ok,the had 20hp less than the Benetton for half of the year,but IMHO with the advantages in electonics and Benetton's innability to cope with new technology their car was consistantly better than the Benetton.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: October 07, 2003 10:03AM
Posted by: andrew_S
look, for god sake, lets not turn this into another petty argument about the same subjects as ever oleg

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: October 07, 2003 10:06AM
Yes the 1993 mclaren was a very good car, but not as fast as the williams and benetton improved as the year went of.

But the wins in Brazil and donnington were down to senna driving in the rain.

The 1993 benetton was also a good car, thats when MS could keep it on the road.

from 1990 - 1994 senna was very rearly out qualified by a team mate.

But saying that Oleg is in a way right u can not really go by this year due to the new rules that could be why Rubens has out quali MS in quiet a few races.
Date: October 07, 2003 10:08AM
Why?I am just presenting a different oppinion.Of course the evergoing ramblings of a shite 93 McLaren are always welcome and something closer to the truth is not.:)

IMHO the whole 93 car is another one of the F1 "myths".

Date: October 07, 2003 10:12AM
why was the 93 a myth? I am interested in what u have to say oleg and i am not being stroppy

Post Edited (10-07-03 17:14)

Date: October 07, 2003 10:14AM
But saying that Oleg is in a way right u can not really go by this year due to the new rules that could be why Rubens has out quali MS in quiet a few races.

I was under the impression of you talking about the overall season-end totals.I think Senna,Schumacher and Fisichella are the only drivers i have been privilaged to have watched live who were never outqualified by their teammatesover a course of the year.

But the wins in Brazil and donnington were down to senna driving in the rain.

I am not disputing the fact that Senna drove very well in 1993.He was the driver of the year for me.But to say that his car "sucked" is strecthing it quite a lot.

Date: October 07, 2003 10:16AM
As i said the 1993 mclaren was a very good car just did not have the power :( but senna put up one hell of a fight and the season would have been crap as prost and hill would have just walked away.

With the quali thing i meant per race and not over a season.
Date: October 07, 2003 10:17AM
Posted by: villej
"Senna was never ever out qualified by a team mate like MS has been."

erm... Mika Häkkinen out-qualified Ayrton Senna in his first race in McLaren.

Post Edited (10-07-03 17:18)

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: October 07, 2003 10:18AM
why was the 93 a myth? I am interested in what u have to say oleg and i am not being stroppy

Not the year,the MP4/8.

Date: October 07, 2003 10:19AM
Ok let me refraise what i meant. In a 16 race season take 1993 for example senna was out quali once. In 1992 maybe twice can not remember. Thats what i meant.
Date: October 07, 2003 10:19AM
ok why was the Mp4/8 a myth?
Date: October 07, 2003 10:26AM
Posted by: kpiotrow
i also want to know what the myth is.
Date: October 07, 2003 11:55AM
Posted by: Guimengo
@Oleg:
I respect your opinion, but his McLaren in 93 sucked. Why? Because it didn't present any step forward towards other McLarens, few other cars on the grid were vastly superior (especially that beauty called Williams). Senna said that HIMSELF. Nobody in the world can argue with a driver's comments, not even the car engineer. Especially when the driver is called Ayrton Senna. Schumi's car was a beauty too.
To do what he did with that car is a miracle and display of magnificence. This is a fact. Go look for Senna's information and stuff. You'll see.

Back to who's best, I stand with my previous opinion. Senna first, Clark second, Piquet, Fittipaldi, Fangio, Villeneuve, Lauda, Stewart, Prost, and after many more (including people who never won), comes Schumacher.

Date: October 07, 2003 02:19PM
The mclaren in 1993 if i am correct was voted the car of the year.

It was small the electronics were the best in the pit lane and it had the best driver.

What it lacked was power.
Date: October 07, 2003 02:57PM
Posted by: Ellis
Erm,Gordon Murray and Ron Dennis called the 1993 car the best chassis they have ever produced.Ok,the had 20hp less than the Benetton for half of the year,but IMHO with the advantages in electonics and Benetton's innability to cope with new technology their car was consistantly better than the Benetton.

The best McLaren, not the best car

The 2002 Minardi was the best car they had produced, but its not the best on the grid is it?

Stop digging holes

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 07, 2003 03:04PM
Ellis

sorry but u have dropped yourself in it a bit there. Oleg did say Erm,Gordon Murray and Ron Dennis called the 1993 car the best chassis they have ever produced.

Meaning the best mclaren at that time
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy