2006 Monaco Grand Prix Thread ***Spoilers***

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Michael Schumacher has been stripped of pole position for the Monaco Grand Prix and will have to start from the back of the grid in Sunday's race.

The Ferrari driver controversially beat Fernando Alonso to pole position in qualifying on Saturday.

But race stewards said that the seven-times champion had deliberately stopped his car on the track after spinning on his final lap.

They added that the move had preventing rivals from setting a faster time.

The error at the Rascasse hairpin stopped Alonso, among others, from setting a faster time and led to accusations he had crashed on purpose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2006 11:34PM by The _F1_Lunatic.
And Reuters!

[today.reuters.co.uk]

Bloody brilliant LMAO :D:D:D:D:D

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Shame because there goes an interesting race. Alonso will probably just cruise home now. Lets hope webber can do get a good result.
Re: 2006 Monaco Grand Prix Thread ***Spoilers***
Date: May 27, 2006 11:23PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Shame? Shouldnt be doing dodgy stuff. Thats what you get...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
I wouldn't say it's brilliant. Do you want to see a title fight or not?

NOOOOOO!!! if Alonso takes the win tomorrow he wil have a huge lead (25 points).... :(
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shame? Shouldnt be doing dodgy stuff. Thats what
> you get...

I agree that he should have be punished i just think its a shame we no longer get to see a good race because of what he did.
Date: May 27, 2006 11:27PM
Posted by: Nickv
HAHAHAHA!! That'll teach him! And now I don't have to eat my webcam anymore! :P
Date: May 27, 2006 11:27PM
Posted by: FRESCO
I feel the punishment is a little harsh. I thought they would just strip him of his best time or something or give him a ten place grid penalty.

But theres no doubt that it was deliberate and something needed to be done.

Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HAHAHAHA!! That'll teach him! And now I don't have
> to eat my webcam anymore! :P
>
>

we al know schumi doesnt learn from it :P

Magic Senna
@ The _F1_Lunatic: Yer of course I'd like to see a title fight, but not with Michael Schucheater init! Alonso and Kimi!!!

Just gotta get rid of Webber....

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Ouch, harsh! I'd say it's debatable that you can actually prove he did it too. None of us doubt he did, but I'd say it's hard to prove - one must wonder what kind of precedent this could set.

[Website]
Date: May 27, 2006 11:37PM
Posted by: keiran
tbh hows it hard to prove, the FIA will have had access to the telemetry and been able to make out from there.

Personally I think the decision fits the crime, can't understand why people make the claim that it's a shame because you have to take the punishment. Schumacher knew he was on his back foot with a flying McLaren and two very fast Renaults. Alonsos time wasn't even that far off Schumacher even after having to avoid his car, just shows that Alonso had that pole in the bag, maybe even a Renault front row.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Just wondering if Schumacher will be able to fuel his car now? Maybe fuel it heavy to try to score some points in a damage limitation exercise.

Date: May 27, 2006 11:41PM
Posted by: kaid
wooo go FIA :D, finally some justice :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2006 11:41PM by kaid.
Date: May 27, 2006 11:47PM
Posted by: DaveEllis

Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer (IP Logged)
Date: May 27, 2006 11:31PM

Ouch, harsh! I'd say it's debatable that you can actually prove he did it too. None of us doubt he did, but I'd say it's hard to prove - one must wonder what kind of precedent this could set.

Not at all. The FIA compared the telemtry to schumachers previous laps and his story and it didnt fit at all.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 27, 2006 11:48PM
Posted by: LS.
If anyone has Ferrari's email address they may want to forward this link onto them [dictionary.reference.com] :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2006 11:48PM by LS..
Date: May 27, 2006 11:59PM
Posted by: anze89
congratulations to FA, WC of 2006!

Yeah, OK, maybe MS deserved to be punished if they read something from the telemetry, but why the f*ck must he start dead last? Only 10 drivers competed in last 20 minutes, and if all would be on fast lap MS would destroy fast laps to 9 drivers. So he should start 10th and not 22nd.

25 points is impossible to catch with this points system, mclaren's lack of speed and renaults f*cking big reliability.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy