European GP Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: European GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: May 07, 2006 09:00PM
Posted by: Karan
great race! really enjoyed the battle between alonso and schumacher. how surprising (or perhaps unsurprising) is it though that the people who found this race boring are the virtually the same ones who were complaining about schumacher and ferrari a few weeks ago ;)

Date: May 07, 2006 09:01PM
Posted by: Muks_C
wtf!??

how many drivers do you actually see passing on track for the lead?

I didn't see Alonso pass Schumacher at Imola...

every driver/team would prefer to pass in the pits as there is less danger of having an accident, it's just the way it is, and has been for many years.

and the race WAS won on the track, when MS did those crucial fastest laps one after another before his 2nd stop.

and of course Kimi passed loads of cars at Suzuka '05, he had the fastest car and started at the back so passed most of them easily.

and the best car always wins the race. if MS only won because his car was the best, then Alonso only won each of his races cos he had the best car.

you can't have it both ways, by praising Alonso/Kimi for winning, and then say MS only won because of the car. that's just the double sdandards that MS-haters love to use everytime he wins.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: May 07, 2006 09:03PM
Posted by: Sapo
But in the end we can conclude that Ferrari is in better shape than most people thought at the beginning of this thread (and this weekend). After two victories, no one can say it is coincidence.

However... oooooooh yeah, it was MS home grand prix, so he's always doing a bit better there than in usual Gp weekends (except ofcourse San Marino, which is also Ferrari's home grand prix, and Bahrain, where they tested a whole week.) ;)

So they still might be in quite bad form, exceptoins may be in Monza, Brasil and Germany (home GP's) and in Spain, Silverstone, and Monza again (test circuits) , and when Ferrari does well at these tracks, it's due to the fact that "they always do better in home GP's", oooorrr, they tested their for weeks :P
Date: May 07, 2006 09:06PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
Sporting director Gil de Ferran vowed to get to the bottom of his team's shortcomings before next weekend's Spanish Grand Prix.

"We will be analysing our performance in great detail with a view to finding some improvement going into the next round," he said.

lol they say that after every race. when are they actually gonna sort it out? im thinking more and more that honda and toyota are in f1 just to sell road cars.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: May 07, 2006 09:08PM
Posted by: chet
Whys that?!

Honda actually want to win.

Thing with TF is that they plough so much more money and fail ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 07, 2006 09:32PM
Posted by: mikef1
Button is starting to lose his cool with the team and the criticism he's had recently in the press is starting to get to him. I just don't understand where Honda's winter testing form has gone. I think Ferrari are going to win the constructors now for sure, what would be galling for Alonso is if Schumi wins in Barcelona and because he and a lot others didn't expect the Ferrari to be so competitive at the Nurburgring i don't see why they can't be fast there too. What is sad is that a potential four way tussle for the championship is now almost certainly between Alonso and Schumacher.
Date: May 07, 2006 10:06PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Loved the race. Fantastic strategy and racecraft by Ferrari and Schumi! Alonzo looked worried in the post race conference, as well he should be.

McLaren is out of the running this season, that much is obvious.

Honda is the most misguided bunch, and without a doubt the biggest excuse makers in F1! I've said it before and I'll say it again: Honda will go NOWHERE as long as Nick Fry is calling the shots for that team.

I did think it was kind of ironic though that once they started listening to Rubens and setting up his car to his liking he starts to get results for them....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: May 07, 2006 10:18PM
Posted by: marcl
tbh i am pleased ms is winning its about time the fastest car was wining unlike last year, now renault will have to up their game and try and win races unlike last year. Never thought i would say that.

U could see MS was just waiting for the pit stops. He could close the gap to alonso when ever he wanted.

But it aint really fair that massa is having to use all his tyres to help MS, he wont get that help next year if kimi goes there. Saying that Massa had a very good race as well and was good to see kimi getting passed button.

I would not count kimi out yet but will need a dnf from alonso. Thats 2 races in a row now michellin have bought tyres that are to hard.

As brundle said testing is testing u only do one quick lap but its the race that counts and thats been their problem for 3 years.

mclaren have got to start pushing harder in quali its not last year when they had the best car. I hope next time they run lighter as for jpm he was to heavy and got a bad start its funny that nico started from the back and still done a better job than jpm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2006 10:22PM by marcl.
Date: May 07, 2006 10:36PM
Posted by: mikef1
"But it aint really fair that massa is having to use all his tyres to help MS, he wont get that help next year if kimi goes there."

Yeah that was also the case when Rubens was driving for Ferrari, clearly the thinking of a team with a number 1 driver but it gets the results they want. I think with Ferrari doing so well Kimi will want to join them next year which Schumi probably wont like but it will be good for F1.
Date: May 07, 2006 10:38PM
Posted by: tripleM
"But it aint really fair that massa is having to use all his tyres to help MS"

He used 1 set more.

What are you on about?

Edit:maybe he likes to scrub tyres for himself-seing that the scrubs performed better in Imola

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2006 10:55PM by tripleM.
Date: May 07, 2006 10:41PM
Posted by: madotter
Great race, great win... Ferrari back on form, Fernando better make the most of the easy pit place while he has it cos 2007 its gonna be red again!

you can't have it both ways, by praising Alonso/Kimi for winning, and then say MS only won because of the car. that's just the double sdandards that MS-haters love to use everytime he wins.

Its always the same, all your kimi, button and alonso lovers always play the same card. oh no xx hasnt won and ms cheated, i mean he has the best car and everyone else was at a disadvantage and its not fair!!! You better get used to it, next year Ferrari will be having back the #1 and even your ranting cant change that!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2006 10:46PM by madotter.
Date: May 07, 2006 10:54PM
Posted by: vesuvius
well I'm happy that Schumacher won :) but also Schumi fans are saying that when he doesnt won he isnt as good as he used to be but when he win again than he is suddenly best and no one is even near of him the truth is that he is as good as he used to be but his car and tyres hasnt been always that good but now they are again very strong package and we all can see the result .
Date: May 07, 2006 10:56PM
he used 1 set more so had one less new set of tyres for the race, thats what i am going on about. But he is number 2 in the team so that was always gonna happen. Massa aint gonna win the championship so its probably the right move for the team, just a bit unfair on him thats all i was saying.

If i was a ferrari fan i still would not get carried away though as us mclaren fans found out last year. It just takes alonso to win and ms 3rd and thats the 2 wins ms has gone. Alonso has only dropped 4 points in 2 races.
Date: May 07, 2006 10:56PM
Posted by: tripleM
Schumacher of 10 years ago would have cleared Alonso at the first stop.

Date: May 07, 2006 10:59PM
he said he made a mistake and thats y he did not
he said he made a mistake and thats y he did not
Posted by: zymolguy
Clearly Michael won due to his illegal wings.

WTF with Fred's eyebrows? Those suckers surely flex beyond 5mm.

Forza Ferrari. French cars do suck.

Date: May 07, 2006 11:00PM
Posted by: RonnyF1
ms fully deserved the win, the rest wasent up to him, it is as clear as that.
Date: May 07, 2006 11:09PM
Posted by: madotter
edited for next page

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2006 12:22AM by madotter.
Date: May 07, 2006 11:09PM
Posted by: chet
tripleM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Schumacher of 10 years ago would have cleared
> Alonso at the first stop.
>
>

Nah.

He is a better driver now i think.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy