San Marino GP Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: San Marino GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: April 23, 2006 10:36PM
Posted by: airefresco
JB should've got a drive-thru on stupidity grounds. He couldn't have possibly known why the lolipop came back down. It could have been for any number of reasons, yet he ignored it.

If, for example, It had been another car coming down the pitlane and the lolipop dude saw him late, then button would/could have drove straight into that car and ruined 2 peoples races. At least today he's got a genuine reason for being rubbish.

Alonso made a rare mistake, thats why he didn't win. Imola is hard to pass on, but not impossible.

Ide is a going to kill somebody soon. Something must be done before he hurts himself or somebody else.

paul..
Date: April 23, 2006 11:01PM
Posted by: Marco1
wow.. I havent posted here in a long while... Anyway just a few thoughts about todays GP.

1) Finally Alonso and Renault got shown up by Ferrari and Schumacher... Lets just hope this battle continues during the season and ferrari dont fade off into yesteryear.
2) Mclaren dont seem to have the pace, at least over one lap, that why they blow it with massive fuel strategies, and this weekend, I really didnt see any pace from the team, usually they have it come to them, but even in the clear traffic it wasnt spectacular... Also dont forgot, some of you are complaining about passing, Webber seemed to get by Kimi pretty easy.
3) Fisi is nowhere! even further away it seems this year than last year!
4) Finally onto Button, Awful race for that kid, and if there wasnt such a broadcaster bias I would kinda feel bad, but I dont, He should have been pulled over at the pit exit and black flagged, what was that. Its interesting how he has noooo race pace, and further more rubans has absolutly NO PACE anywhere, except for a lap he did on sat.

5) I lied, I just need to get this off my chest. James Allen, oh James Allen. Absolutly AWFUL job today. First off when he called for the changing of the name 'lolipop' that was absolute priceless garbage being spewed out of his mouth... I just feel like punching him after today, im just wondering, why doesnt ITV simply throw him in the pits where he belongs, get rid, while their at it, of Martin Brundle as well, and get some real class acts. The only thing worse than James Allen today was CBS's Derek Daily, oh now I really hate that kid!!!! hahahah F1 is boring was repeated at least 25 times by that american prick!!!!

anyway Congrats to Schumacher and Ferrari for a well deserved race win, hopefully it can continue!!
Date: April 23, 2006 11:08PM
Posted by: tripleM
hey,Daly is a leprechaun ;-)

He may have an American citizenship but calling a car "crr" is a dead giveaway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2006 11:13PM by tripleM.
Date: April 23, 2006 11:56PM
Posted by: chet
Mini Maestro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Well done to Massa on getting 4th.
> Chet clearly you dont know what your
> saying....Massa getting 4th is good ok he sucked
> in Aussie and Bahraun both he and the team n00bed
> up but you can clearly see from MS the performance
> drop in the tyres, and ok Imola you cant pass but
> he didnt crack and let Raikkonen pass.
>

He is not worthy of being in the Ferrari team. He hasnt the speed to be able to compete.

I agree 4th was alright considering....

But this guy being in Ferrari, well i do feel sorry for drivers who are considerd better than he.

Fastest laps in the race dont mean anything in terms of the pace they had, but he wis fastest was only the 10th fastest, in which he was 9tenths down.

He is the let down of the Ferrari team, throughout the year this will become obvious, and next year the supposed Kimi-Micheal lineup will simply be un-stoppable ;) and imo we will have probably the greatest driver linup ever to race in a season!!

In such a crucial year for the team they should have done everything they could to keep Rubens for 1 more year until they get some1 good.

I mean when Ferrari need Massa to be 'up there' you really think he will be able to provide the goods? But then who knows, maybe when/if shumi wins this championship we will see Massa come alive ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 24, 2006 12:03AM
Massa > Woobens

Besides Woobens finished 6th from a 4th place in 2004.

Date: April 24, 2006 12:10AM
It's quite an amazing statistic that Schumacher hasn't been worse than 2nd at Imola when classified.

15 starts

7 wins

5 second places

3 DNF's

Date: April 24, 2006 12:11AM
Posted by: mikef1
"He is not worthy of being in the Ferrari team. He hasnt the speed to be able to compete"

Well then you can say the same thing about Rubens, Massa has raw speed but needs to make less mistakes, he can be good in races otherwise he wouldn't have been hired by Ferrari in the first place!

Martin Brundle is a great commentator, i don't see what you don't like about him Marco but James Allen........he stopped bugging me for a short while and then had to come up with that lollipop shite.
Date: April 24, 2006 12:26AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
chet Wrote:
> Mini Maestro Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > Well done to Massa on getting 4th.
> > Chet clearly you dont know what your
> > saying....Massa getting 4th is good ok he
> sucked
> > in Aussie and Bahraun both he and the team
> n00bed
> > up but you can clearly see from MS the
> performance
> > drop in the tyres, and ok Imola you cant pass
> but
> > he didnt crack and let Raikkonen pass.
> >
>
> He is not worthy of being in the Ferrari team. He
> hasnt the speed to be able to compete.
>
> I agree 4th was alright considering....
>
> But this guy being in Ferrari, well i do feel
> sorry for drivers who are considerd better than
> he.
>
> Fastest laps in the race dont mean anything in
> terms of the pace they had, but he wis fastest was
> only the 10th fastest, in which he was 9tenths
> down.
>
> He is the let down of the Ferrari team, throughout
> the year this will become obvious, and next year
> the supposed Kimi-Micheal lineup will simply be
> un-stoppable and imo we will have probably the
> greatest driver linup ever to race in a season!!
>
> In such a crucial year for the team they should
> have done everything they could to keep Rubens for
> 1 more year until they get some1 good.
>
> I mean when Ferrari need Massa to be 'up there'
> you really think he will be able to provide the
> goods? But then who knows, maybe when/if shumi
> wins this championship we will see Massa come
> alive
>
>
>
>

total bs tbh
How is he not worthy of Ferrari? How can you determine worthiness? Maybe Jenson isnt worthy of Honda actually no they are they both chat so much bs they deserve each other.

Drivers considered better than him.....and how many where avaliable for 2006? they all had contracts for 2006

WOW so you can predict the future huh? Care to predict when Button will win?
How is it obvious he will be a let down? Yes at times he is irrational but he is very quick.

Rubens was demotivated and demoralised, he no longer wished to drive for Ferrari as he knew he was too crap to beat Michael even if they let him....why keep a driver who no longer wants to drive for you?
Crucial year? sure they want to bounce back but this year is no different to any other....just remember how many years Ferrari spent in the wilderness doing basically nothing? The Late 80's and Early 90's are evidence enough!

Yes Ferrari do need Massa to be up there collecting points and so far he has when he finished collected 5th and 4th places. Considering the Renault and Mclaren packages are much better thats no too shabby.

I am tired of hearing the Massa doesnt deserve the Ferrari drive jibe tbh, hopefully the guy wins to knock the wheels off the bandwagon.
and yes i am a Massa supporter if you must know

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2006 12:26AM by Mini Maestro.
Date: April 24, 2006 12:55AM
I said try and convince Rubens to stay another year.

There are only 3 drivers good enough to team-mate MS. Fernando, Kimi and Jacques.

It is a crucial year, think about it.... This could possibly be MS's last year (lets hope not) Ferrari NEED to win. If not imo i see no future for MS (again im using my crystal ball :))

Collecting points is not good enough, simple as. Compare this to MS... who in Bahrain was amazing, Imola he was amazing, Aus he @#$%& up, but before hand he had stunning pace, Malaysia is the only place where Massa has done well with his package.

Renault and Mclaren packages much better? The why did MS finished 18odd seconds ahead in Bahrain and 16seconds ahead in Imola of the nearest Mclaren?

Mclaren, Ferrari, and Honda are all about the same... But if MS can finish that far ahead then why cant Massa?! Ok he is not as good, but Massa is too far of Micheal in such a close season.

Date: April 24, 2006 01:05AM
If Jacques(good race by him today) is goood enough surely the same can be said about Massa.

Date: April 24, 2006 01:09AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Jenson should not have gotten a drive through penalty at all. Its perfectly ok for the mechanics to touch the car in the fast lane of the pitlane, as long as its within the pit limits.

Mansell got black flagged because they raised the car manually in the fast lane of the pits with no jacks which is illegal and the other time in 89 he reversed into his pit box which is also illegal.

Date: April 24, 2006 01:16AM
Posted by: marcl
well brundle felt massa slowed down to help ms and if this is the case that probably helped ms win today so he done a good job for the team at the expense of his own race.

he drove as well as he could did not put a wheel wrong and was only 15 sec behind ms being held up by jpm so that aint bad its it. eddie used to finish miles behind ms and ms is an imola king.

mclaren need to stop this fuel thing its not worked in any gp now and for them the drivers championship is not gonna happen this year as they dont have the fastest car renault are in a class of their own.

Yes ms won today but renault scored an own goal. one extra lap with ms stopping that would have been it and they recon they could have gone 6 more laps.

Date: April 24, 2006 01:22AM
tripleM Wrote:
> If Jacques(good race by him today) is goood enough
> surely the same can be said about Massa.
>

Jacques was shite last year. You know it.

Btw to whoever said JB blamed every1 but himself.

He said 'We' not 'them'

and the first thing he did after the race was goto see Alistair Gibson the cheif mechanic (lollypop) and told him no hard feelings and hugged him, so bs about him blaming every1 but him .

Marcl - Isnt team orders illegal?

Mclarrens strategy suit their image - sensible. But they just havent seemed to work.

Date: April 24, 2006 01:35AM
Posted by: Lucasinio
Yeah, hopefully if McLaren get back to less fuel in qualifying, then hopefully some more decent racing this year, because ferrari, i reckon, are going to fade off like they did last year. Meaning another potential Renault whitewash.

Another thing, they (itv) kept gong on how Ferrari changed Schumachers strategy to a 2 stop, am i the only one that actually thinks he started with a two stop?

And James Allen, lollipop is not childish. It looks like one, and everyone calls it that. As if a twat like you is going to change the name of that.

And slightly OT here but...I watched the BTCC afterwards and thought the commentary was p*** poor, sounded very basic, wouldnt want to see them commentating in F1!

Date: April 24, 2006 01:38AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
lol i saw something on speed tv which just seems so simple.

see how toroo rosso v10 is limited with a piece of cardbaord in the airbox to simulate a v8. well why not all the teams do that? instead of spending billions on v8 just stick a cardbaord in there? seems simple. would have still slowed the cars down.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: April 24, 2006 01:40AM
Posted by: duff_3519
Excellent race, although a shame Alonso didn't have a good stab at some stage.
Ferrari are coming back up, but I don't think they're quite there yet. I'd rank the cars:
1. Renualt (Stupid move to bring Alonso in)
2. Ferrari (Massa. A stop gap solution in my books)
3. Honda (Good low fuel speed but they don't have the overall pace to match the other 2)
4. McLaren (Just plain strange. They didn't even seem to manage bursts of speed)

Drivers Ranking:

1. Schumacher (Masterclass drive. Made a couple of mistakes on the horrid tyres but held it together)
2. Alonso (Quickest on the track, might have won if Renualt hadn't altered strategy, but made a few mistakes in the last stint. would he have made them if he was leading with Michael pressuring from behind?)
3. Webber (What a great drive.....to sixth place!)
4. Montoya (Did well to come 3rd in a car that didn't seem to want to perform
Date: April 24, 2006 02:19AM
Posted by: marcl
teams orders are illegal to a degree i.e swapping places but what massa done was fair its what ms done to mika in 1999 as sepang.

anyway know one knows if massa did slow to hold alonso its just what they said. Theres nothing wrong with it at all.

The changes next year should help passing into the 1st corner. The changes made after 1994 stopped passing as imola which before u could pass on
Date: April 24, 2006 02:28AM
Posted by: Marco1
do you guys not think that had renault brought alonso in a lap earlier (like speculated) schumacher would not have pitted directly after anyway? From what I am hearing Ferrari could have gone a couple of laps deeper, renault couldnt...

concerning James Allen and Martin Brundle, every canadian grandprix here in canada we get commentary from John Watson, who I find is a bit more indepth than Martin Brundle, in all honesty martin brundle is nowhere near as bias as he use to be (dc, mika, mclaren) so hes alright.

but James Allen seriously needs to go back to the pits, did you hear the emotion, the charge, the drive he had for some 10 minutes about changing the lolipops name??? WTF! He reminds me of this scottish announcer for Real Madrid on Goltv, that guy is just has bloody awful!, If anyone has his name and address I will be very greatful!!!! hehehehe
Date: April 24, 2006 02:42AM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Yeah, he only actually went on about the lollipop for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Unless I've developed selective hearing on him, that'd be good :)

[Website]
Date: April 24, 2006 01:40PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Well McLaren has started to criticise Raikkonen maybe because they now that he will go to Ferrari.One of the reason for Kimi's poor performance in qualifyings last round is that he got very bad flu all weekend.

McLaren Mercedes Principal Ron Dennis said that the team's chances of victory in the San Marino Grand Prix were spoiled by Kimi Raikkonen's poor performance in qualifying. Raikkonen ended the race in fifth position - behind his third-placed team-mate Juan Pablo Montoya.

But after the Finn's poor showing in qualifying, where he could only manage the eighth fastest time, one place behind Montoya, Dennis insisted that Raikkonen should have been able to finish much higher.

"Juan Pablo did a lap time appropriate for his fuel load in qualifying, but Kimi should have been three or four tenths quicker and was capable of it. It would have put him on the second row of the grid and I think it would have been a very different race."

Oddly, the only praise aimed in Kimi Raikkonen's direction last weekend originated from men in red.

His current team, McLaren, implied a touch of criticism of the rated Finn's Imola form, after he finished a lowly fifth on Sunday, following a similarly disappointing qualifying.

Juan Pablo Montoya, who outqualified his teammate, was on the podium.

''Kimi should have been three or four tenths quicker in qualifying and was capable of it,'' said team boss Ron Dennis. ''We should have qualified harder and we could have raced harder.''

Mercedes' Norbert Haug agreed that Kimi's trouncing was his 'own error', adding : ''But we should not criticise him, because he so often drove well in the past.
''

Even the usually moderate team 'CEO' Martin Whitmarsh joined the party, telling 'Speed TV' that McLaren 'as a team' did not cut the mustard in the Italian sun.

He said : ''From where we put ourselves after qualifying, the result is ok.''
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy