Montoya, Does he Really Deserve to be champion???

Posted by Marco1 
Re: Montoya, Does he Really Deserve to be champion???
Date: September 21, 2003 06:10AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Montoya should've won quite a few races by now if it wasn't for engine problems/mechanical trouble or team mates trying to run him off the road..

Or him throwing them away himself.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: September 21, 2003 06:18AM
Posted by: Eagle
Yeah, true, Melbourne 2003 springs to mind....

If Montoya loses by championship by a few points, he only has himself to blame for throwing away a win in Australia..

The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
Date: September 21, 2003 08:18AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
"the person that deserves to win is the one that has most points at the end of the season"

too tru!

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: September 23, 2003 12:53PM
Posted by: Marco1
How can people even suggest JPM should have won a few races by now, If you look at it in that light, as to who should have won races but didnt, then let me begin, Australia Schumacher should have won it easily, but got black flagged because of a busted car, and wrong tire choice. Malaysia, Schumacher would have easily won, if trulli didnt hit him, Brazil, again schuey would have won if there was no Dumbass FIA rule on tires. My point here is Schumacher especially at the start of the year could have won those 3 races which he threw away, thus, the German, would have had 8 gp wins this year. Secondly there was no race this season where I think JPM deserved, He has loses his cool more than anyother championship contender this year. Spinning out, blowing engines, that aint a champion thats an amiteur. Also, I like how most of you people, enjoy formula one because a guy that won two races could be champion, thats wonderful, 2 out of what 16 gp's this year, that REALLY MAKES a lot of sense, Morons!, How can a world champion win 2 races and be champion, that is ludicrus, thats a joke, and in my opinion CART is starting to look better then Formula One, Thank you to Max, and Bernie for Ruining Formula One, and making it into a joke for everyone to enjoy. THis points system like qualifying is a JOKE!!!!!
Date: September 23, 2003 01:26PM
Posted by: paulo3d
WOOOOOOOOO!
I'm sorry... did you say Trulli hit Schumacher in Malaysia?
"...Malaysia, Schumacher would have easily won, if trulli didnt hit him,..."
Yes apparently you did!
Well friend first thing watch the race again, and you will clearly see that michael hits Trulli's left rear whell.

So it's difficult to win a race when you're hitting other cars on the track, right?

Get real!
Date: September 23, 2003 01:54PM
Posted by: calimbo
I'm colombian and yes, JPM deserves the championship. As you might see, he's been on the rostrum 8 times in a row, and he has done a great job since Monaco till here. MS had or is in his bad time right now with Rubens in a better position than him for a couple of races. So if Ralf should be winning the championship, then Barrichello should be fighting for it too, don't you think?

And if we are going to talk about "What if..." then JPM Should had won Hungary race if it wasn't because he didn't make the pole and then he started quite bad. Or JPM should had won Canada if it wasn't because of the huge mistake, the same for Australia. Come on, those are things that happen and you can't go back to fix them out.
Date: September 23, 2003 02:15PM
Posted by: dolinseks
To Marcol:

"Australia Schumacher should have won it easily, but got black flagged because of a busted car, and wrong tire choice."

First: Schumacher was on 2 stop strategy, so he would come on the pits anyway. Kimi was also blackflaged, if he wasn`t he would won the race, coz he had 10 sec. lead.

Second: race winner David Coulthard was on the same type of tyres as MS!

"Malaysia, Schumacher would have easily won, if trulli didnt hit him"

Probably you are blind!!!

"Brazil, again schuey would have won if there was no Dumbass FIA rule on tires."

Yes, "KING OF THE RAIN" Schumacher would have to finish the race first, and not chrash himself in Curva do Sol. He was chrashing like a ROOKIE!

JPM and Kimi Raikkonen are the best!!!
Date: September 23, 2003 02:18PM
Posted by: Pirate
Does Montoya deserve to be Champion? ERR If he goes around each circuit as everyone else does and comes out with more points than anyone else well then ...YES! Does he need a moral code or something to DESERVE it? Don't think so. Is he obsessed about beating schuey? well yes! thats what makes champions in any sport.
Date: September 24, 2003 03:06AM
Posted by: kpiotrow
what a fuckwod (marcol), trulli crashing into schumacher? it was schumacher who crashed into trulli at malaysia. what a gay twat. what fanboy comments he/she makes. he makes these comments about schumacher, but arrogant shumacher probably wouldnt even give him an autograph.
Date: September 24, 2003 03:33AM
Posted by: andrew_S
Does Montoya deserve to be Champion? ERR If he goes around each circuit as everyone else does and comes out with more points than anyone else well then ...YES! Does he need a moral code or something to DESERVE it? Don't think so. Is he obsessed about beating schuey? well yes! thats what makes champions in any sport.

exactly, spot on, i cant beleive people are saying he doesnt desrve it, that is wholy stupid and why i havent bothered to reply to this topic

all the more i have to say is that im not surprised as schumacher fans think there man has a right to be champion and someone else shouldnt be champion, and if they are, its not because they were the better driver, or the better man, its because he had the better car, would be nice if they could take defeat graciously for one :(

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: September 24, 2003 04:09AM
Posted by: Pooky
marcol your comments are stupid.

u wrote:

Spinning out, blowing engines, that aint a champion thats an amiteur

like jpm is an amteur due to engine failures!!!!! haha! - u think he made them go bang?!! what little u know

and kpiotrow, your comments are a bit harsh. from what you wrote about fisichella it makes you a fanboy with no idea too

Date: September 24, 2003 05:36AM
no, im just a fanboy basher.
Date: September 24, 2003 05:37AM
i dont think my comments are harsh, as that guy writes pure lies, not even oppinions, but lies.
Date: September 24, 2003 07:12AM
Posted by: Pirate
Andrew s yes we agree, BUT do not forget Schumacher is a great Champion for that very reason he will not accept defeat gracefully! Thats the sheer will of the man, when he has lost the championship (when or if! ) then he will be the first to go to Montoya or anyone and shake his hand, I am sure of that. It was He who said before the season started that the 2003 season would be interesting due to the new regs, and he was right! But do not ask him to just lie down and accept he will be beaten. And I am sure that Montoya would not want that either.
Date: September 24, 2003 07:47AM
Posted by: Pooky
well said pirate

i do not accept these suggestions that schumacher is not sporting

he will congratulate who ever it is that beats him to the championship

and dont say he does it for the cameras, that aint true.

remember he is human like the rest of us

Date: September 24, 2003 10:06AM
Posted by: trajan
Marcol, I can appreciate that MS is your favorite driver, but saying how could a driver win only 2 races and be a champion is ludicrous. I would like to remind you (and I'm old enough to remember this), in 1982, Keke Rosberg won the world championship despite only winning 2 races. The key :- he was the only driver to be on the podium with such consistency.

If MS wins the title this year then he will deserve it. At them moment JPM is the strongest competition he has.

The second point you raise about Qualifying being a joke. Well, lets have a close look at this. Before the rule changes, qualifying used to take place with drivers going out in a random order. Most of the good drivers would wait until the last minute to go out to get their lap times. You ended up with a programme that for 3/4 of it was boring. OK, there are both pros and cons to the new system, however, the best driver can go out and not necessarily get pole as has been demonstrated so far.

I have been a supporter of Ferrari for over 2 decades. Michael Schumacher is a phenomenal driver. But most of all, I am a supporter of competition. I like MS to win, but I always wanted to see him fight tooth and nail for it, and not see him having an easy ride (as in last year, but that's another argument).

JPM has done mistakes as has every other great F1 driver. Howver, he has proved from the last 8 races that he is the most consistent driver this year. He has many qualities that remind me of my all time favorite driver - Ayrton Senna. If JPM wins then good on him.

I think that whoever wins, be it MS or JPM, the season so far has proved to be much more interesting.

"If you are unable to admire a great driver just because he is in competition with you, you might be throwing away an tremendous opportunity to improve yourself" - Ayrton Senna

Post Edited (09-24-03 17:07)
Date: September 24, 2003 10:11AM
Posted by: andrew_S
PEOPLE I SAID HIS FANS, GOD, READ THE POST, LOL

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: September 24, 2003 10:20AM
Posted by: _Alex_
trajan, I share your opinion. Just for the record!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: September 24, 2003 11:19AM
Posted by: Eagle
trajan, I thought Keke Rosberg won only one race for his 1982 World Championship (not that I'm pedantic or anything).

1982 Swiss Grand Prix at Dijon Prenois (France) podium :

1. Keke Rosberg
2. Alain Prost
3. Niki Lauda

But you do make an excellent point about consistency...sometimes its not whether you finish first for most of the races, its how consistent you are in finishing in the points.

The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
Date: September 24, 2003 12:06PM
Posted by: calimbo
And it seems that F1 is going to need another champion, because the other one apart of MS is JV and he seems that is going to be sacked.

Ecclestone should be praying because the sport really needs champions, not 19 drivers behind and a champion.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy