2006 Australian F1GP Albert Park *SPOILERS!!*

Posted by Lucasinio 
Re: 2006 Australian F1GP Albert Park *SPOILERS!!*
Date: April 03, 2006 12:02PM
Posted by: mikef1
I very much doubt that Michael will leave Ferrari for another team, he'll probably retire at the end of the year unless they improve and start winning again. Montoya, mistakes aside, is acutally driving very well but should be less concerned about beating Kimi and more concerned about scoring regular points for the team.
Date: April 03, 2006 01:09PM
Posted by: b-tone
grandprix.com agrees with me :p

[www.grandprix.com]

____
Tony

Date: April 03, 2006 01:24PM
Posted by: TimmyB
b-tone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> grandprix.com agrees with me :p
>

So it's just coincidence that the story was written on April 1st?

...acutally after reading it they seem pretty serious. But I believe Michael when he says that he'll end his career with Ferrari (and I won't believe him if he says otherwise :-) )

Date: April 03, 2006 04:52PM
Posted by: marcl
Michael Schumacher would like organisers of the Australian GP to remove the bump that sent him into the wall at the Albert Park circuit.

The Ferrari driver ran wide at the fast final corner, but only lost control of his 248 over a patch in the grass verge -- reportedly a path to give stewards access to the layout south of Melbourne.

''I have to wonder why it needs to be there,'' Germany's Schumacher told the RTL TV channel.

''In practice (here) three years ago I had another accident there, but nothing has changed.''

Juan Pablo Montoya's race also ended when his McLaren bumped violently over the area.

I think the better idea would be dont run wide :) monaco that would be a barrier and other tracks gravel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2006 04:52PM by marcl.
Date: April 03, 2006 05:02PM
Posted by: chet
LOL@MS.

He crashed, so whats the corner changed.

edit - Canada 05, final chicane JB crashed, maybe they should change it.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2006 05:03PM by chet.
Date: April 03, 2006 05:08PM
Posted by: MLAM
chet Wrote:
> LOL@MS.
>
> He crashed, so whats the corner changed.
>
> edit - Canada 05, final chicane JB crashed, maybe
> they should change it.

About 5 or 6 people crashed in the final chicane in 1999, including M Schumacher,
Why bother changing it cos some driver is whinging about it.
Date: April 03, 2006 05:29PM
Posted by: Stan
did he actualy say that he wants it removed or the media played with words again? ;-)

Fernando Alonso says he worked much harder than Jenson Button appeared to in order to get his Michelin tyres up to optimum temperature for when the race was restarted following the first safety car period.

"I warmed the tyres very, very aggressively in this race," Alonso said. "On the first lap when I passed Jenson I think one of the main reasons was because of that. I saw Jenson in front of me not warming the tyres too much and I was much more ready for the restart, and did the same in the next two restarts."

Speaking about his move on Button Alonso said, "He had very cold tyres in the last corner so he went a little bit off line and I was much quicker, but I didn't overtake him before the line, so I was on half-throttle on the straight in order to be side-by-side and then when we crossed the line I was on full throttle."
Source: f1racing.net
Busted!

Date: April 03, 2006 05:33PM
jb is saying he could not or he would have spun cause his car had over steer. And many people have said weaving like that does nothing for the tyres.

What i would like to know is how alonso was on half power and rb was on full and still alonso got passed, jb should have done what ms done to rb in 1999 and slowed down alonso would have got a penatly lol

Canada was known as the wall of champs until jb hit it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2006 05:34PM by marcl.
Date: April 03, 2006 05:37PM
Posted by: Stan
yeah its wall of twats now :P
if people keep saying that weaving like that dosent heat the tires then why they keep doing it ? ;-)

Date: April 03, 2006 05:43PM
dunno brundle has said it a number of times, spinning the rear wheels helps off the start line and out the 1st corner but he says at the low speed they are doing it generates no heat
Date: April 03, 2006 05:52PM
Posted by: derry

back in 90's they asked some drivers why they
weave back and forth.some said to warm tires up,
some said it kept them alert and others said
because every body else does it
Date: April 03, 2006 05:58PM
Well its not just F1 drivers that do it, in virtually all forms of Motor Racing you see drivers weaving in safety car periods, so either must work or they do it because F1 drivers do it.
Date: April 03, 2006 06:02PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i think the last reason is probably the most releveant, they do it cos everybody else does it.

about JB "tapping" JPM, the contact was tyre-to-tyre, we saw JPM's right-rear deform in the impact, maybe explaining why his suspension wasn't damaged, as the tyre absorbed it.

and DC did similar to JPM in the final corner a couple of years ago, i think that was qualli though. don't think he hit the wall, but it sent his car airborne for a second or two.

in Montreal, Jv famously hit the "wall of champions" on the end of the 1st lap in '97, and Murray thought it was Frentzen.

Murray (in a calm voice): "oh look, there's Frentzen, poor man, he's crashed at the final corner, it's an early bath for Frentzen.

Martin: "it's Villeneuve, Murray"

Martin (now with raised excited voice): "It's VILLENEUVE, IT's VILLENEUVE! OH BOY!!"

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 03, 2006 06:04PM
Posted by: derry

I think they were asking indy drivers,it must
work are they would'nt do it.If it only works
in their heads then it gives them confidence
so it still works
Date: April 03, 2006 06:15PM
mika done what ms did in a practice session in 1999.

dc done it in 2003 i think it was but done a jpm and did not hit the wall

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2006 06:16PM by marcl.
Date: April 03, 2006 06:18PM
marcl Wrote:
> mika done what ms did in a practice session in
> 1999.
>
> dc done it in 2003 i think it was but done a jpm
> and did not hit the wall

Ddin't Mike spin the car going into the corner then slammed into the wall sideways on the right?

He didnt do what MS did thats for sure as he lost the backend going into the corner.
Date: April 03, 2006 07:19PM
Posted by: chet
MLAM Wrote:
> chet Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > LOL@MS.
> >
> > He crashed, so whats the corner changed.
> >
> > edit - Canada 05, final chicane JB crashed,
> maybe
> > they should change it.
>
> About 5 or 6 people crashed in the final chicane
> in 1999, including M Schumacher,
> Why bother changing it cos some driver is whinging
> about it.
>

thats my point. :/ maybe you didnt get the sarcasm.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 03, 2006 08:11PM
Posted by: calimbo
But why are we discussing, if the team is really telling the truth about if Montoya's engine turned off because of the impact or not? He simply made a mistake and that's it.

Date: April 03, 2006 08:26PM
they said they have an engine cut out thing that turns the engine off in an impact and thats what happened, no doubt they will turn that off now if was a safty thing.
Date: April 03, 2006 08:29PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
They wont turn it off becouse its for the safety under a crash , normaly every team has such thing in the engine .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy