> my own car off".
>

No he didnt hit JB lol..

Yea switched his car off, like Sato? ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Re: 2006 Australian F1GP Albert Park *SPOILERS!!*
Date: April 03, 2006 12:18AM
Posted by: marcl
klien must have hit kimi bloody hard in sepang as a number of cars made contact today and yet they kept going
Date: April 03, 2006 12:34AM
Posted by: chet
Consider point at which the cars touched though.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 03, 2006 01:37AM
gonna watch the highlghts now,i hope dc repeats what speed said to him lolol

i just hope they dont go on and on about button and his tyres
Date: April 03, 2006 01:52AM
Posted by: gin
dont expect much

Date: April 03, 2006 01:59AM
Posted by: derry

speed channel was talking about rs passing 2 cars
on yellow.did itv mention it?

I think fisi tapped jpm in the rear shortly before
jpm had his problems.

why did fisi stall on start line?Did'nt hear anything
about it
Date: April 03, 2006 02:20AM
Posted by: Muks_C
Jenson hit JPM at turn 3, I don't think Fisi hit him anywhere.

and the blue smoke means nothing really. seeing blue smoke doesn't automatically mean the electrics died, does it? it could have just been some of the undertray scraping across the kerb.

about Fisi stalling, Alonso pressed the "Give trouble to Fisi" button too early.

am doing my essay for tomorrow at the moment, so can't watch the highlights (might watch them on ITV2 on tuesday i think?).

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 03, 2006 02:24AM
both jpm and rs passed nick under the yellow flag and when the tv showed sc it was clear to see on tv but at the corner u could not see the flags or the sc board thats probaby y they were allowed.

speed also passed dc when he slowed to avoild the other car spinning so u could see y speed was a bit upset
Date: April 03, 2006 02:28AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Montoya hit the kerb so hard that the software automatically switched the engine off, a safety feature if the car has an impact. This was explained by Ron Dennis and Norbert Haug of Mclaren after the race.

Date: April 03, 2006 02:35AM
Posted by: derry

speed channel was showing jpm onboard when u could
kind of see his car lurch forward and the announcers
said fisi bumped him,was'nt really a big hit.if it
was'nt onboard camera u would'nt have known it
Date: April 03, 2006 04:13AM
Posted by: Muks_C
it was JB that hit him. his left-front tyre just tapped JPM's right-rear tyre, we saw it from onboard Buttons car.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 03, 2006 05:00AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
it was quite a big hit not just a small tap.
Date: April 03, 2006 07:08AM
Posted by: Karan
indeed. i thought it wouldve damaged his rear suspension for sure. anyway so it seems button indeed is not gonna be penalized in imola, like i said after the race. even though he was classified as -1L, it seems that when it comes to engine changes, that constitutes as a dnf if your car fails. personally i think it was a foolish move giving away 3 pts. points in the bag are points guarenteed, why throw those away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2006 07:09AM by Karan.
Date: April 03, 2006 08:03AM
fissi done well not to spin on jb's oil.

on the same lap that ms hit the wall jpm also went wide there as well
Date: April 03, 2006 08:23AM
Posted by: Karan
wonder what it was bout that last corner. was it resurfaced or something? the paint on the kerbs looked a bit dodgy too. pieces kept flying off everytime a car ran wide. anyways this batch of grid girls at the GP were the hottest i've seen in a while :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2006 08:33AM by Karan.
Date: April 03, 2006 09:39AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Oooh...Grid girls!

It just goes to show how far into La-La land the Honda out fit are. 'We'll throw away championship points because Jenson is absolutely going to win next time, for sure.'
That's crazy talk, how on earth are they going to justify that decision at the end of round four when they miss out on points for any one of about 25 reasons I can think of off the top of my head!

Kudos to Alonso, I'm actually beginning to think he will be able to beat Kimi even if the McLaren has a trouble free race. He is really driving like a champion now, with only Fisico and Button in front of him there was never any doubt he could win in Oz. Fantastic.

As for Schumacher.M. I'm seriously beginning to think he should leave Ferrari....soon. For thier own good. I believe that without Schu wringing everything and then some out of that car, the Reds would be totally pants(they're not far off that anyway right now) the shock of a sudden dummy spit-retirement might force the guys to build a better car for Kimi or who-ever in the coming years. It's becomming increasingly obvious that Schu isn't going to achieve anything more in that car, I think he's just holding on so that his last win won't be that farce back in Indy last year.

Cheers.

Date: April 03, 2006 09:57AM
Posted by: b-tone
yep honda are idiots. the 3 points would've had them equal with ferrari, and it looks like those 2 will be fighting for 3rd this year.
theres nothing wrong with starting 10 places back, or even last. it could give them a good chance to think of a strategy, and maybe keep jensen away from the fire a bit. aim for a soli dpoint finish rather than a 10 lap victory.
i don't know how the rules work though, as he finished the race.
hopefully his engine blows on his first lap on the friday

i don't know if schu should leave. even in 10 years time he'll still be one of the top f1 drivers around, and i'd rather have him than some payer.

3 mistakes is about average for montoya, and he'll probably carry on making 3 per race. he hasn't really done anything since equalling schu's pole count in 2002.
with fisi's luck mclaren could get the constuctors title even if they can't catch alonso. all they need is both guys to get points every race, but montoya will let them down again. i'd guess that montoya will get the sack, and kimi will leave at the end of the year.
motoyas' red light came on quite a bit after impact didn't it? is that normal for the engine shutting off on impact?

____
Tony

Date: April 03, 2006 10:39AM
would kimi leave to go to ferrari though a bad year last year and not a great start this year.

When i watched the highlights i was shocked how hard jpm fought kimi pushed him off at the 3rd turn then nearly hit alonso kimi then got passed at the fast chicane
Date: April 03, 2006 10:49AM
Posted by: b-tone
no ferrari don't look a good prospect now. only mclaren and renault do, and have for 2 years.
williams and bmw could be ok, but i think they will lack something for a while.
maybe kimi goes to renault, or then he sees mclaren as best option, and sees he'll have a decent team mate, and won't be wasting points in the constructers title.
maybe schu goes to renault...

____
Tony

Date: April 03, 2006 11:22AM
could get interesting mid year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy